Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ItalHawk87

How much does this stuff irritate ?

hey everyone, i know bp irritates your skin but comparing dan's gel to others like neutro and proactiv,

is it easier on the skin than the others or about the same ? (i never used proactiv before but i am using

atm neutro adv. solution w/ 2.5% bp)

I have not used neutrogena advanced solution, but i have used neutrogena on-the-spot and proactiv. The texture of dan's gel is more like proactiv than on-the-spot. i found onthespot to be too drying and proactiv to be too irritating cus of the fragrances. dan's is smooth and less irritating. but as with all bp's you should start with a small amoutn and work your way up. good luck!

yep, I agree ^.

I've used Proactiv, the smell was overwhelming, it is a gel. Neutrogena on-the-spot is a white cream, works well, but is drying. Dan's gel is clear, odorless, and to me it is less dry than the others, but very effective.

yep, I agree ^.

I've used Proactiv, the smell was overwhelming, it is a gel. Neutrogena on-the-spot is a white cream, works well, but is drying. Dan's gel is clear, odorless, and to me it is less dry than the others, but very effective.

what she said :lol:

You might also consider the Glades 2.5% BP available by prescription only. If you have a good insurance plan it should be very cheap (free for me). It is very effective, has no smell, and absorbs in no time. No irritation for me unlike other BP's I have experienced. It makes your skin feel a little tight for a short period of time, but it doesn't make it at all dry or cracked. The tight feeling goes away after you apply your moisturizer. You get a pretty decent sied tube also.

If I didn't get the Glades for free, I'd use the CSR gel though. I may still order a tube one day just to compare them. It might be good for your doctor to be able to track your acne progress and if after a while a BP and it doesn't work, he may put you on something a little stronger (perhaps accutane).

Has anyone used Oxy on the spot BP 2.5%? Thats the only one I have and it irritates the hell out of my skin- so much so I am convinced it makes me y acne 10x worse.

Is it worth me trying another brand?

Has anyone used Oxy on the spot BP 2.5%? Thats the only one I have and it irritates the hell out of my skin- so much so I am convinced it makes me y acne 10x worse.

Is it worth me trying another brand?

if it doesn't feel right on ur skin then u should defninitly change brands, with bp thers always irritation of

the skin but if it is so bad then maybe u should try another brad