Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cd500

Anyone had good results from hydroquinone?

Hi all,

As per subject really...

I have been on accutane for about 7 months now, the results are pretty good. It's the few red marks but more noticeably the hyperpigmentation on my forehead that still 'spoils' the look of my skin.

I have read a few threads on fading the marks using hydroquinone, but I can't seem to find anyone with 'categorically' good results!

It's been a pain in the backside dealing with acne (as I'm sure most of you have experienced)- at least this has seemed to have settled. But the marks left are nearly just as bad!

I stopped going to the doctor for any medication since they take too long.....

....so can anyone recommend a decent product for fading the hyperpigmentation?

N.B. I've been using this product: http://www.westonshealth.co.uk/acatalog/info_FAD1D.html but not much improvement.

Thanks in advanced.

Hi all,

As per subject really...

I have been on accutane for about 7 months now, the results are pretty good. It's the few red marks but more noticeably the hyperpigmentation on my forehead that still 'spoils' the look of my skin.

I have read a few threads on fading the marks using hydroquinone, but I can't seem to find anyone with 'categorically' good results!

It's been a pain in the backside dealing with acne (as I'm sure most of you have experienced)- at least this has seemed to have settled. But the marks left are nearly just as bad!

I stopped going to the doctor for any medication since they take too long.....

....so can anyone recommend a decent product for fading the hyperpigmentation?

N.B. I've been using this product: http://www.westonshealth.co.uk/acatalog/info_FAD1D.html but not much improvement.

Thanks in advanced.

Since I've posted in a bunch of threads on this, I'm assuming you've read about my experiences. I love Dermesse cream (its 4%, prescription). Within just a few weeks, my red marks have lightened significantly..and it works great in combination with tretinoin. (I swear i'm not a salesman! haha.) I put pictures in my gallery if you want to see what my results were.. I can never get pics to load right in threads.

Yes, I was reading about the Dermesse cream; but any idea if it work on hyperpigmented skin too? It would be good to fade the red marks but the far more obvious looking marks are the pigmented ones.

Anyone know how easy it is to get hydroquinone containing products on prescription in the UK? May have to resort to the internet again otherwise.

Hydroquinone works well for those brown spots that people get as they age "liver spots" and stuff like that. In my opinion, AHA's work better for post acne hyperpigmentation. Like glycolic acid.

Hydroquinone works well for those brown spots that people get as they age "liver spots" and stuff like that. In my opinion, AHA's work better for post acne hyperpigmentation. Like glycolic acid.

That's a bit ironic, I think my [excess] use of gylcolic acid caused the brown marks!- well not protecting against the sun afterwards I would imagine..

I would probably have to wait a while before using any AHAs on my skin, as I'm only just coming to an end using accutane.

What kind of glycolic acid. Can you guys give me product names.

Walgreens AHA 8% GA works great .. www.walgreens.com search for it ... there is also another product called Alpha Hydrox which has a higher concentration of GA i havent treied that yet but id liek to hear form some1 who has ..