Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kevo1187

metrogel and klaron

let me preface this by saying im new to the message board and if someone has asked this before i apologize.

i've been using klaron lotion 10% and metrogel .75% for sometime now and they have both worked very well. both are almost empty. if i stop using them after they are empty will my skin go back to how it was before? or should i go back to my derm and ask for a new prescription. (my prescription expired a month or 2 ago).

thanks!

Guest President Slut

eh? i thought metrogel was for rosacea...

anyway, thats not important, you will need to get a repeat immediatly and continue your regime because there is no cure for acne, metrol gel and klaron are simply controlling it- though they cant do that while your not applying them

get the repeat perscription and continue using it till you feel you have natrually grown out of acne

The problem with those two treatments is that they are both antibiotics. Meaning you will build up a tolerance to them eventually rendering them inefficient at their tasks.

The answer to your question is that YES you certainly need to keep using those things. I doubt you would need to go to your derm for a refill on these 2 items, though I don't know how many refills they put down.

eh? i thought metrogel was for rosacea...

anyway, thats not important, you will need to get a repeat immediatly and continue your regime because there is no cure for acne, metrol gel and klaron are simply controlling it- though they cant do that while your not applying them

get the repeat perscription and continue using it till you feel you have natrually grown out of acne

i put metrogel on my cycts, do u know something better?