Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
childofthenight

I think you guys are getting it all wrong here

I see everybody keeps complaining about inital outbreaks...first of all only 1 in 5 people get it. You guys say that it gets everything out of your skin!? What if you are suppose to have severe cystic acne for the next 20 years, do you think that everything will come out, that would be a disaster! Even a person with mild acne would look very bad. An IB is just the way a person reacts to the drug. There is people that have cystic acne, take tane and have no IB and are cured permanently!

As for dosages and duration, sure there is some evidence that cumulative dose of 120-150mg/kg can prevent relapses but not always true. A lot of people were on a medium dose and did good, others on a low dose, and so on...it's just how lucky you get.

~sigh~ 'gets everything out' just mean it gets all the dirt out of your pores that is currently in there that could cause and probabably was going to cause acne in the near future..

I truly doubt only 1 in 5 people get initial outbreaks on accutane as I have spoken to many many people who have taken it. I think you mean 4 out of 5 get initial breakouts. :)

Second, no it doesn't "push" everything to the surface that would form in next 20 years. Supposedly it takes 2 weeks for pimples to form. If this is true, it probably makes pimples apparent faster which makes your acne problems "explode".

I asked my dermo about the Accutane initial breakout today. I'm starting it about six weeks before my wedding, and if I have an IB, I will die. She reassured me that I most likely won't. She claims that she sees only about 5 out of hundreds of people a year who use Accutane experience an IB. Made me feel a little better, but not really. Stupid IBs. My Retin-A IB sucked, and for nothing.

I asked my dermo about the Accutane initial breakout today. I'm starting it about six weeks before my wedding, and if I have an IB, I will die. She reassured me that I most likely won't. She claims that she sees only about 5 out of hundreds of people a year who use Accutane experience an IB. Made me feel a little better, but not really. Stupid IBs. My Retin-A IB sucked, and for nothing.

Not for nothing!! I bet if you dont get an initial breakout it will be because of that retinA... its good you cleared your pores with it first before starting acctuane :D

And BTW my first time on Accutane was a 3 month long IB... my acne flaired up in one spot at a time.. first my chin, then when that cleared it was my forehead... etc... it was playing a game of its own except I didnt wanna play hehe!

I've gotten an IB with everything else I have tried, that's why I am waitong 2 months to go on Accutane. I talked to my derm and I told him that since I'm in a wedding in two months, I'd rather not go on tane because of the IB, for fear it won't clear up in time. He said that was a good decision, because most IB's take about 4-5 weeks to clear up...

My initial breakout, that I am still going through is horrible. I have now the worst acne on my face that I have ever had, although my one shoulder is clearing up nicely :) It's just discouraging that my face exploded and the pimples are so bad, it is taking forever to go away, not to mention I keep getting new ones in the same area. I am sticking it out and hopefully they will be gone soon.