Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cobby

taking the pill with fatty meal

is this absolutely neccessary becos im also doing a liver cleanse wich requires atleast a 3 day apple fast....?

read the insert, it says it's MUCH better absorbed [cant remember the figures...?] if taken with fat, since it's fat soluble. so basically if you don't you won't absorb much accutane so it'll be like taking a muuch lower dose.

I haven't taken it with anything specific. Toast with butter and chocolate milk has worked well (obviously I've seen the absorption), peanut butter, oils like BTDT said...

I would not try anything funky like the apple fast while on accutane. Enough weird stuff is going to happen to your body.. .just take care of yourself, go by the food pyramid diet, and you should be fine! Your acne will clear up on its own with the accutane and a little time... don't try anything else!

ok thats completely out the window thn, i eat alot of 100% porrige oats, is it a stupid idea to take the pills with that???

dam i make it with skimmed, looks like im gonna have to be less healthy eating.......oh well, its well worth good skin.....

al take it with a tin of makeral....

You need fats in your diet to be healthy you know. You don't have to change what you are having for breakfast, just take the dose whenever you are eating fat in your meal. For most people that is lunch or dinner.

Absorption is more than doubled if taken with a fatty meal. And during an Accutane course is a very poor time to try one those apple fast/flush things.

I have seen you say that there is more than a 50% increase of absorption if taken with a fatty meal in the past. "More than doubled" means more than a 100% increase. Which is it.

Can everyone be more specific about the food? For example what are you eating when taking accutane. Cause I am not sure if my food is fatty enough for it. Please say what you are eating for breakfast, dinner or lunch when taking tane.

http://66.249.93.104/search?q=cache:yXL069...lt&ct=clnk&cd=1

Found this on the net. I think it might be useful.

Btw if I dont want to eat a fatty food for example in the morning. What should I do. If I eat cereal should I drink a teaspoon of olive oil or smth?

yeah, just take the pill with dinner if you are that worried about it. Or if you eat a hearty but not fattening breakfast, eat a tablespoon of peanut butter and wash the pill down with a tall glass of chocolate milk ... you should be fine!

But can you ppl still name the foods youre taking it with?

I have a varied diet, i'm not typing in everything i eat, sorry. I listed a few examples of "good" fats earlier in the thread. If you don't know what foods contain fat, google monounsaturated and polyunsaturated (those are the good fats) and saturated (those should be limited in your diet) and start reading.

I know about the fats and their types. However I am paranoid when eating, that its not enough fat in it to absorb accutane properly. Ok so here goes. If you eat a couple of sandwitches with herring + tea. Is this enough fatty?

I don't know. Unfortunately Roches does not define exactly how much fat is in the "standardized high fat meal" that they reference in their literature. But a good portion of herring ought to be enough i imagine.