Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest President Slut

Red Acne Scars Information

Do you guys think that over a long period of time... im guessing like 10+ years that this girls "redness" would go away? Or is vBeam the only solution? And in the 2nd pic do you think time will get rid of that redness... or is that as good as it will get? And if you think time will heal it... how much time?

IPB Image

You know, I think that all red marks from acne will eventually go away. For the unfortunate few they can take many years. But they have to fade eventually. How many 80 year olds do you see with red marks??

I personally feel that the best method for red marks is to leave them alone and stop spending/wasting time and money on ridiculous gimmicks (egg mask, rubber band snapping, hello??!) and simply wait it out.

Guest nec77

Why does it take so long... I mean, its underneath the skin. I thought damaged internal areas are supposed to heal fast. I've had marks similar to hers but smaller on my forehead and temples for three years. Do you think that vBeam would act as "a jump start" and the healing process will continue on like normal?

Why does it take so long... I mean, its underneath the skin. I thought damaged internal areas are supposed to heal fast. I've had marks similar to hers but smaller on my forehead and temples for three years. Do you think that vBeam would act as "a jump start" and the healing process will continue on like normal?

I am not sure what kind of answer you're looking for. Yes, pulse-dye lasers can help with redness, regardless of where the redness came from. It has nothing to do with healing whatsoever, it can target red tattoos for all it cares.

As for the healing process, as frustrating as it is to accept, there's very little one can do to expedite it (but lots of ways to prolong it), the body heals the way it thinks is best.

Guest nec77

I was just wondering after someone gets the pulse dye laser... if it would stop the healing/ or slow the process down further. You answered my question. Thanks!

Do you know what one should do after they get a whole bunch of treatments and the doc says, "vbeam wont help you anymore." I know like darker people can use bleeching products. Do us people with red marks just got to let time heal the rest?

I was just wondering after someone gets the pulse dye laser... if it would stop the healing/ or slow the process down further. You answered my question. Thanks!

Do you know what one should do after they get a whole bunch of treatments and the doc says, "vbeam wont help you anymore." I know like darker people can use bleeching products. Do us people with red marks just got to let time heal the rest?

One thing you should realize about pulse-dye lasers (there are many vbeam is only, specifically 595nm wavelength) is not the cure all for all red marks.

You artificially zap these vessels to inflict damage, they GROW back, it's only normal. How many grow back depend on the angiogenic factors at the site and this vary so much with different people. Many are laser resistant because of this.

That's why i think it's just best to let it be, and trust that your body will heal the way it thinks is best. So yes, i think time is best for red marks.

damn... i guess i gotta wait like 20 years :(

Look, it's just my PERSONAL opinion. If you don't want to wait, save up some money and try vbeam.

I seriously doubt it'll take 20 years, probably less than 5, honest!

Guest nec77

No, no. Im glad your helping me. I made a consultation to see a laser dr. and I will be asking him tons of questions. Im just frustrated becuase i've had these marks for 3 years. If the laser has nothing to do with healing, then I guess it wouldnt hurt to try it?

No, no. Im glad your helping me. I made a consultation to see a laser dr. and I will be asking him tons of questions. Im just frustrated becuase i've had these marks for 3 years. If the laser has nothing to do with healing, then I guess it wouldnt hurt to try it?

no, i don't think it would hurt :)

Good luck

Guest nec77

Its a tough decision... I dont want to risk being permanently scared, and I also dont want to look red for a long time. I read vBeam (pulse dye laser) isnt that bad.. compared to other lasers that penetrate deeper. Im gonna do some more research to help ease my mind lol.

It seriously irritates me when people keep saying that "they'll go away" ummm, no they may not. My mom who is 48 years old and hasn't broken out since she was a teenager still has red marks.

It seriously irritates me when people keep saying that "they'll go away" ummm, no they may not. My mom who is 48 years old and hasn't broken out since she was a teenager still has red marks.

No one has made any guarantees, but your mom probably picked her acne, which will leave red scars if not indented scars on many people, almost everyone clears from red marks alone, and if she didn't, she is still of the vast minority.

Guest President Slut

This thread is useless.. no offense but I really don't think this should be pinned. Millions of white people around the world have had red marks, this wrong information will not help the community.

dude, nothing else but IPL and Vbeam are proven to be affective to actually treat these marks.

I spent all of 2005 doing peels and micro [some IPL]. I had over 25 treatments, they did mostly jack shit.

I'm just trying to save people some money... or atleast redirect there money into treatments that actually will be benefitial, despite how minute the results are [which i believe are acumalitive]

Yes, i agree time is the best option [only thing that worked for me], but i believe Vbeam [judging by the information provided, my own testimonials from others and markymarks log] are the only other alternatives that can assist in the healing process.

Too many people want results fast, the trick with Vbeam is to keep at it untill the problem is down to a satisfactory level to you. Some of the vessels grow back, some dont. The more you perform vbeam, the more vesels you kill in the long run.

It works like this:

1st treatment:

-You have 500 vessels

-Kill 500 vessels [varies from person to person]

-450 grow back [varies from person to person]

2nd treatment

-you have 450 vessels

-Kill 450 vessels [varies from person to person]

-400 grow back [varies from person to person]

so in theory depending on how many problem vessels you have and how your body responds, you could need as little as 4 treatments or as many as 10. Everyones different.

Guest President Slut

Here are results:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Dont argue with me, argue with the results^

The information and logic has being provided. The photos are concrete evidence.

I urge everyone to make a decision on vbeam based on the above.

I'd like someone peforming peels to show such tanigle results with photo evidence.

Untill then- on acne.org; vbeam is all that is proven for red scars.

Markymark- im sory i didn't get a chance to ask for your permision to post the photos,

but they were posted on the forum to the public, so i dont see what harm it could cause.

If you have an issue with them, please pm a moderator to remove it.

No one has made any guarantees, but your mom probably picked her acne, which will leave red scars if not indented scars on many people, almost everyone clears from red marks alone, and if she didn't, she is still of the vast minority.

nope, she sure didn't pick them. and i doubt she's in the "vast minority"

Here are results:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Dont argue with me, argue with the results^

The information and logic has being provided. The photos are concrete evidence.

I urge everyone to make a decision on vbeam based on the above.

I'd like someone peforming peels to show such tanigle results with photo evidence.

Untill then- on acne.org; vbeam is all that is proven for red scars.

Markymark- im sory i didn't get a chance to ask for your permision to post the photos,

but they were posted on the forum to the public, so i dont see what harm it could cause.

If you have an issue with them, please pm a moderator to remove it.

Hey your using my pics!!!!

I am not sure what kind of answer you're looking for. Yes, pulse-dye lasers can help with redness, regardless of where the redness came from. It has nothing to do with healing whatsoever, it can target red tattoos for all it cares.

As for the healing process, as frustrating as it is to accept, there's very little one can do to expedite it (but lots of ways to prolong it), the body heals the way it thinks is best.

I totally disagree. I started my thread because I wanted people to see that they did not have to live with these red marks. They can do something about it and speed up the process. Look how bad my red marks were, do you honestly think that I would look like I do now without doing vbeam??? Why wait years and years when you can do something about it and get it over with sooner? If you don't do something about a problem, it will eventually get worse. Abbylee, how have you gained all this "knowledge" on red marks? Do you have a history in the field or are have you just done research on the topic?

Guest nec77

vbeam just seems to "jump start" the healing processs.. i wonder why the broken capillaries/ blood vessels (what ever the heck they are) take so long to heal!! mine look the same after 3 years.....

Hey your using my pics!!!!

I totally disagree. I started my thread because I wanted people to see that they did not have to live with these red marks. They can do something about it and speed up the process. Look how bad my red marks were, do you honestly think that I would look like I do now without doing vbeam??? Why wait years and years when you can do something about it and get it over with sooner? If you don't do something about a problem, it will eventually get worse. Abbylee, how have you gained all this "knowledge" on red marks? Do you have a history in the field or are have you just done research on the topic?

I never said one had to live with the red marks..i've repeatedly recommended pulse dye lasers as an option if one had the means, otherwise not to waste money on methods that work only on melanin hyperpigmentation.

I've encouraged you to continue your vbeam, didn't i?

I don't know about red marks getting worse...not that i'm saying yours don't. Everyone is different.

But in general, they don't get worse. IN GENERAL, they fade in less than 2 years. (IN GENERAL!!)

I don't think there's a field on "red marks" (hah! though there is extensive research/papers on wound healing.) There's very little need for "red marks" field/research since in GENERAL they fade unassisted.

I'm not an expert by anymeans (I'm an engineer) but I love looking up and reading medical journals and studying human physiology, all the information is out there, but one needs to differentiate valid credible ones from junk. (I've tried explaining wound healing a few times).

It doesn't take a genius once they figure out that "red" macules are not the same as brown ones that you cannot treat vessels the same way you treat melanin. I've only tried to get the point across that methods that work on melanin hyperpigmentation simply don't work for vessels.

Can I get V-beam, Im only a 17 yr old white male, with 2-3 actie zits. Just a lot of red marks though....? Should I wait?

You guys are doing a great job, you sure know your stuff!

Thanks

Guest nec77

Can I get V-beam, Im only a 17 yr old white male, with 2-3 actie zits. Just a lot of red marks though....? Should I wait?

You guys are doing a great job, you sure know your stuff!

Thanks

you can but im sure you need a parent to sign for you. just make sure you got control of your acne.

Wait, but sometimes, the red marks fade away, But I have another question. You see, sometimes after leaving a acne lesion to heal, a brand new pimple pops out at the same spot. So, if it is about broken caps then it is not possible that the caps are broken again right....

If going out into the sun, with SPF or not, will make red marks worse, then how do people get by? I mean, I and most people HAVE to go outdoors during the day, so how can we prevent sun damage? I understand certain topicals can speed up the healing process but won't sun damage just negate that?