Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest President Slut

Red Acne Scars Information

Guest President Slut

Red Acne Scars

The "red" left behind in acne scars is a result of tiny broken capillaries at the site of the healed acne lesion. This redness is more common to "newer" acne scars and is hard to conceal, making the evidence of acne more pronounced, even after it has healed. Lasers which target these broken capillaries cause the small vessels to coagulate and be reabsorbed by the body. This effectively removes the redness.

V-Beam (Pulsed Dye Laser) is commonly used for the treatment of red acne scars, stretch marks and keloids, which are thickened scar tissue. The V-Beam laser usually requires three to five treatments. Because the VBeam uses a cooling and deep heating process to target is the broken vessel, the treatment is well-tolerated and protects the outer surface of the skin.

A combination of V-Beam and Smoothbeam lasers is commonly used during the same session to improve acne scars. There is no down-time for either Smoothbeam or Vbeam laser treatments. Procedures are nearly painless...the laser pulse feels somewhat similar to the light "snap" of a rubber band.

The two sets of photos below show results of Vbeam and Smoothbeam combination laser treatments for acne and acne scars. Vbeam removes the redness and Smoothbeam triggers the body to build up collagen, filling in the depressions left by acne scars and smoothing the skin.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Link to site :http://www.totaldermatology.com/pages/vbeam.html#Red

But before you consider these options you should try and get your skin under control. Also, do searches on "vbeam" and "smoothbeam" w/ search button on this site... I know some people said smoothbeam gave them more scars, or was waste of money and didnt work.

^ clearly red marks are different to the majoirty of PIH which only heavily taned/black people have. Therefore the approach is dealing with broken capillaries, not exfoliation or skin bleaching methods.

This could save alot of money and time for people, this should be pined.

to prove the above theory, find a freckle or brown/black coloured beauty spot and a red mark.

Constrict the blood flow by pressing tightly on the freckle then again on the red mark.

The red mark will disapear when you stop the blood from flowing, therefore a broken capillary.

The freckle will remain the same because it is pigmentation.

Guest President Slut

Why am i been ignored?

FEEL MY INTERENT RAGE ACNE.ORG!

p24ithji4ht42098th20oith2i4outkje2

23tuio2uoth2t02h2p24ithji4ht42098th20oith2i4outkje2

23tuio2uoth2t02h2[04trhg20tr2ugb2utbubjdbnVB>MNBi;uahg8f09y084y0843ht543hto43b5tjk345bj345bhv45914985yt89qhgtoiurugfbjkabkj.bjkag[04trhg20tr2ugb2utbubjdbnVB>MNBi;uahg8f09y084y0843ht543hto43b5tjk345bj345bhv45914985yt89qhgtoiurugfbjkabkj.bjkagp24ithji4ht42098th20oith2i4outkje2

23tuio2uoth2t02h2[04trhg20tr2ugb2utbubjdbnVB>p24ithji4ht42098th20oith2i4outkje2

23tuio2uoth2t02h2[04trhg20tr2ugb2utbubjdbnVB>MNBi;uahg8f09y084y0843ht543hto43b5tjk345bj345bhv45914985yt89qhgtoiurugfbjkabkj.bjkagMNBi;uahg8f09y084y0843ht543hto43b5tjk345bj345bhv45914985yt89qhgtoiurugfbjkabkj.bjkag[04trhg20tr2ugb2utbubjdbnVB>MNBi;uahg8f09y084y0843ht543hto43b5tjk345bj345bhv45914985yt89qhgtoiurugfbjkabkj.bjkagp24ithji4ht42098th20oith2i4outkje2

23tuio2uoth2t02h2[04trhg20tr2ugb2utbubjdbnVB>MNBi;uahg8f09y084y0843ht543hto43b5tjk345bj345bhv45914985yt89qhgtoiurugfbjkabkj.bjkag[04trhg20tr2ugb2utbubjdbnVB>MNBi;uahg8f09y084y0843ht543hto43b5tjk345bj345bhv45914985yt89qhgtoiurugfbjkabkj.bjkag

Guest President Slut

Remember kids, PIH is brown, black or grey, this is TRUE pigmentation which lies in the EPIdermis and WILL respond to exfoliation based treatments [such as peels, micro] and bleaching creams [Hydroquinone/koljic]. Red marks are different, they lie within the DERMIS, and will not respond as effectivley to the same approaches as proper pigmentation. To find out if you have red marks or pigmenation, look at my first post and do the 'test'

makes sense! so are you saying that the only way to deal with these is laser?

Guest nec77

Its weird... i've had marks like the girl in the photo that do go away - may take a week or two. But also, I got the same marks that DONT go away- had for 3 years. Its tricky. Ask your derm. if the marks you have are scars or not.

can brown spots fade over time???

Brown hyperpigmentation can last much longer than red macules. But they're easier to treat.

Skin lighteners, exfoliaters (AHAs), retinoids...

Stay away from the sun. They get even darker or won't fade otherwise

Sounds like total BS to me, I am very fair skinned and prone to having marks left behind from any kind of injury, burn/scrath/acne, I have had some marks for well over a year, and recently started lactic acid peels and they are fading FAST. Over 1 month or so, about 8 peels I would say I have a 50% improvement, and I have had these marks for a very long time with no change.

Why is this pinned, it is an ad trying to get people to do vbeam, this information is totally nonsense..

Sounds like total BS to me, I am very fair skinned and prone to having marks left behind from any kind of injury, burn/scrath/acne, I have had some marks for well over a year, and recently started lactic acid peels and they are fading FAST. Over 1 month or so, about 8 peels I would say I have a 50% improvement, and I have had these marks for a very long time with no change.

Why is this pinned, it is an ad trying to get people to do vbeam, this information is totally nonsense..

Did u have red marks, or brown dark ones.

Guest President Slut

Same thing happened to me,

what alot of caucsaian people have is actually a mix of red marks with some surface pigmentaion, when you exfoliate/do peels you sucesfully kill the pigment, but you hardly get passed a certain percentage of improvment as whats left is simply the red mark which cant be exfoliated away.

Dark people also have combination of red marks and PIH too, except you just cant see the red marks with all that melannin in the way- plus they are much more highly prone to getting severe PIH which does show more. So they only have 'half' of the battle to fight.

I recall getting a series of 6 microdermabrasion and 40 percent glycolic peel together,

the second treatment made me scab up and go red really bad, once it all cleared up- i noticed a huge reduction in my spots, i thought by the time i have the full course 6 treatments, they would be gone.

I was wrong, the results didnt' improve, i had the same colour after my 6th treatment as i did after the 2nd.

This was latter confirmed by a derm and my own research, you can only destroy pigment with peels, and most caucassians only have a small amount of pigment in combination with there broken capillaries.

I still believe the only way you could have a "broken" anything is if you pick your acne, which I never did, I have seen some pretty severe hyperpigmentation in my pale friends heal over time, I'll keep you posted on my results though:)

Yeah they say if you pick or pop your acne they leave nasty red marks behind..But I NEVER did EITHER..and I have them..:(

Actually, i don't think red marks post pimples and other wounds are broken capillaries.

Broken capillaries are actually permanently dilated vessels, and they don't go away over time.

The redness is really because there are MORE capillaries at the site of injury. Which is all part of wound healing. These capillaries commit cell death and regress after awhile.

Broken caps, however ARE permanent.

Of course, it's possible some of the red marks out there are indeed broken caps (which can also be caused by trauma), which may be why they seem to be permanent for those people.

Guest President Slut

I dont think it matters if they are 'broken' capillaries,

but whats important is that it is indeed a CAPILLARY problem as constricting the blood flow would suggest.

If there not broken, then they are damamged... requiring the same treatment either way.

I dont think it matters if they are 'broken' capillaries,

but whats important is that it is indeed a CAPILLARY problem as constricting the blood flow would suggest.

If there not broken, then they are damamged... requiring the same treatment either way.

It may not matter in regards to artificial treatment (vascular lesions are treated with pulse dye lasers) but it DOES matter in how you convey their marks to people. Telling people here that their marks are "broken caps" or damaged in some ways when their marks simply havent completely resolved the healing process is WRONG.

Their vessels aren't damaged at all, but simply still trying to heal the area.

Here's a link on angiogenesis(growth of new vessels) in regards to wound healing for your understanding

http://www.earth.li/~kake/maths/mathbiol/a...nesis.html#refs

As you can see, growth of new vessels is NOT a broken feature but an important one.

But some people 'heal' slower than others.

You should stop telling people that they have broken capillaries(which are permanent) when all you really know is that they have red marks, when in fact most red marks post pimples are not "broken" but just haven't totally finished healing completely (still have the extra vessels there). So not everyone has to treat their red marks, because for those individuals, time can be the best course of action.

Guest President Slut

I will continue to preach false informaion as much as i want thank you very much

P.S: you were the one who told me they were broken capillaries in the begining, its your fault.

I hope you burn in hell and get no desert tonight

I will continue to preach false informaion as much as i want thank you very much

P.S: you were the one who told me they were broken capillaries in the begining, its your fault.

I hope you burn in hell and get no desert tonight

gosh, you're such a peach.

If you're talking about this post

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...topic=72890&hl=

I was responding to the poster who asked about what that derm was saying, (red SCARS). Red scars do seem to be permanently dilated vessels (broken caps). That's what scars mean, they're permanent.

It's ok to be wrong, but it's another to know you MAY be wrong and still want to "continue to preach false informaion"

I'll get whatever desert i want

Guest President Slut

gosh, you're such a peach.

I know but me and my therapist are working on it :dance:

If you're talking about this post

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...topic=72890&hl=

I was responding to the poster who asked about what that derm was saying, (red SCARS). Red scars do seem to be permanently dilated vessels (broken caps). That's what scars mean, they're permanent.

Cool :)

Then it would be safe to assume to that any red marks which haven't disapear within a year are most probably either small scars with dilated blood vessels and or broken caps?

It's ok to be wrong, but it's another to know you MAY be wrong and still want to "continue to preach false informaion"

I have rependted, corrected my ways and now await for mercy

I'll get whatever desert i want

my treat- all the banana and ice cream you want,

on the house ;)

Then it would be safe to assume to that any red marks which haven't disapear within a year are most probably either small scars with dilated blood vessels and or broken caps?

Well, mine (without retin A) take about a year and a half. So I will guesstimate 2 years just to be sure

my treat- all the banana and ice cream you want,

on the house ;)

white chocolate too please

Guest President Slut

Will red marks get worse if you go out in the sun without protection over it?..

Post inflamatory pigmentation will get worse with sun exposure.

This thread sugests that red marks are not entirely post inflamtory pigmentation, but rather a healing response of the capillaries and immune system.

Deduce from that what you will, though getting sun without sun protection is never a good thing; red marks or not, madam.

If you ever get a pet dog or cat, remember to name him Marino. this will show me the respect i deserve

This thread is useless.. no offense but I really don't think this should be pinned. Millions of white people around the world have had red marks, this wrong information will not help the community.

Guest nec77

Do you guys think that over a long period of time... im guessing like 10+ years that this girls "redness" would go away? Or is vBeam the only solution? And in the 2nd pic do you think time will get rid of that redness... or is that as good as it will get? And if you think time will heal it... how much time?

IPB Image

Do you guys think that over a long period of time... im guessing like 10+ years that this girls "redness" would go away? Or is vBeam the only solution? And in the 2nd pic do you think time will get rid of that redness... or is that as good as it will get? And if you think time will heal it... how much time?

IPB Image

basically your best bet is to ignore this thread completely, for almost every person I have ever known and myself included many times, red marks fade, some take over a year, but nowhere near 10 years... This thread is false, investigate the other options you can take to remove red marks. Or just wait like everyone else does.