Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi Guys

Im seeing loads of posts from people asking about b5 so thought id keep an update of how im getting on with it!!

Im 22 and have suffered from acne for about 10 years now. Although I never really suffered on my face (the odd spot) my chest and back have gone from clear to severe and vise versa over the years.

I find when I go abroad on holiday (i live in the uk) to spain etc for a week or 2 my acne clears up completely in the sun and stays that way for a week or 2 at least afterwards! However i try not to use the sunbeds because of skin cancer risks and i dont want a leather face when im 35!!

Ive been on everything that the doctor has to offer (seriously they have nothing else for me to try) including birth control, retin-a, differin, tetrycycline(sp) and eventually got sent to the local hospital to see a derm who gave me accutane. It cleared my skin but the acne came back again. Im now trying b5 and hoping that this works

Im 1 week in and am taking the vilantae (evolution x) brand because it seems to have all the other b vitamins u need to balance b5. Thought this was the easiest option but people have said that any decent brand is fine!!

I started on 5g a day (10 tablets) for 5 days and am now on 10gs. Popping 20 pills is not too bad at all when i think of the possible benefits!

So its been a week today and I havent seen any real difference yet but i didnt really expect my moderate body acne to clear up in a week!! (that would be too good to be true!!)

Im gonna give it at least the 3 months but am hoping to see some improvent soon!! fingers crossed!!

I'll keep updating this to see how im going.

Kate x x :D

Oh yeah... thought i add that as yet I havent experiences any side effects!

I was really worried about the whole dodgy tummy thing as my tummy is sensitive anyway (i think due to accutane 5 years ago!) and headaches coz i get alot anyway but since takin b5 the last week I have not noticed any symptoms at all.

bye for now!! Kate x

Good luck with the B5. I am in a similar position to you, tried every single medication in the WORLD (or so it feels!!) and I am now taking Vitamin B5. I have been on it 6 months almost now. It has kept the cysts at bay and the rest of my skin is clearing up. I still get the odd outbreak but it isn't half as bad as it was. And let me tell you it was REALLY bad!

To prevent side effects, incase you start experiencing them, take your pills before you eat a meal. This should ensure you never experience a dodgy stomach or headaches. Taking them on an empty stomach can cause problems.

Good luck, I look forward to seeing how you get on! :D

Good luck with the B5. I am in a similar position to you, tried every single medication in the WORLD (or so it feels!!) and I am now taking Vitamin B5. I have been on it 6 months almost now. It has kept the cysts at bay and the rest of my skin is clearing up. I still get the odd outbreak but it isn't half as bad as it was. And let me tell you it was REALLY bad!

To prevent side effects, incase you start experiencing them, take your pills before you eat a meal. This should ensure you never experience a dodgy stomach or headaches. Taking them on an empty stomach can cause problems.

Good luck, I look forward to seeing how you get on! :D

Thanks for the advice! I have been taking the b5 with meals and spreading them out throughout the day to try and minimise side effects! Sounds like its been working for you. How much are u taking? Have u decreased your dose now its been 6 months?

Good luck to you too! :)

I'm not too sure what my dosage is, it does say it on the leaflet I got, but I can't remember!!! I am taking 21 pills per day, 7 with each meal. I should have been down to 3 pills per day by now, but unfortunately, I decided to stop taking them 3 months in cos my skin was almost clear and I thought I didn't need them. BIG MISTAKE!!! The acne came back with a vengeance! I went back on the B5, it took longer to kick in the 2nd time around, but its getting there!

The most exciting time is the first few weeks, cos you can really see the changes in your skin starting to happen!

I'm not too sure what my dosage is, it does say it on the leaflet I got, but I can't remember!!! I am taking 21 pills per day, 7 with each meal. I should have been down to 3 pills per day by now, but unfortunately, I decided to stop taking them 3 months in cos my skin was almost clear and I thought I didn't need them. BIG MISTAKE!!! The acne came back with a vengeance! I went back on the B5, it took longer to kick in the 2nd time around, but its getting there!

The most exciting time is the first few weeks, cos you can really see the changes in your skin starting to happen!

The exact thing happend to me on the VitaCure brand of B5. I was 100% clear after the first three months but stopped taking the pills once I cleared up. My acne came back worse than ever and has been harder to subdue this time around but nonetheless B5 is working for me again.

The exact thing happend to me on the VitaCure brand of B5. I was 100% clear after the first three months but stopped taking the pills once I cleared up. My acne came back worse than ever and has been harder to subdue this time around but nonetheless B5 is working for me again.

Glad it is working for you again :clap: I just hope it keeps on working for us :pray: Do you think we will have to take it for the rest of our lives??? :think:

Glad it is working for you again :clap: I just hope it keeps on working for us :pray: Do you think we will have to take it for the rest of our lives??? :think:

Well I met a gentleman who is 43 years old and he has been taking B5 for well over 10 years. He only takes about one gram a day now but he said that everytime he tried to stop taking it he would break out again. So I would say that it is a safe bet that we will have to stay on it for a long,long time if we want to remain clear.

ive been taking B-Complex, does this have the same effect?

also another thing about symptoms, is yellow pee bad? or should i see this subside.

Hi guys!

Thanks everyone for there comments! Im now on the first day of week 2!!

Smoothbig - I take the vilantae (evolution x) brand as I read on this site that its important to balance the b5 with other b vitamins! I dont know why but with vilantae and b5clearskin brands for example they seem to contain everything u need!

as for yellow pee I get that too but i think its the bodys way of getting rid of any excess. The b vitamins are water soluble from what i understand so any extra gets pee'd out!!!

JPhaSE - I use these tablets www.b5supplements.com

They are not cheap but do have a 'Money Back Plus $50 Guarantee' apparently so i figured its a win win situation!! These seem to be a similar type - www.b5clearskin.com

I still havent noticed any side effects - other than yellow pee! Although ive not noticed an improvement yet my skin look no worse! Its only been a week tho so dont expect to really with having moderate acne.

I'll keep you all posted! Lets keep our fingers crossed that this works eh! For me and everyone else trying it!!

Good luck guys! x x x x :angel:

where can u buy this Vitamin B5? can anyone give me a link?

www.b5clearskin.com

You gonna try it? Its well worth it! :)

ive been taking B-Complex, does this have the same effect?

also another thing about symptoms, is yellow pee bad? or should i see this subside.

B-complex is good for the skin, but its not the same as taking B5 in the dosage that we do. I take B5 and good multivitamin B complex to prevent a vitamin defficiency.

I've never had yellow pee???? I wan't aware this was a side effect. Drink lots of water throughout the day, see if that helps.

Well I met a gentleman who is 43 years old and he has been taking B5 for well over 10 years. He only takes about one gram a day now but he said that everytime he tried to stop taking it he would break out again. So I would say that it is a safe bet that we will have to stay on it for a long,long time if we want to remain clear.

O well, if that is the price we have to pay for clear skin then so be it! There is no chance I'm stopping taking it again, can you imagine how bad the acne would be if it came back full blown a third time around!!!!????

Vikster - I take it b5 worked well for you? How long did it take for your acne to clear up? How bad was it? what dose are u on now? Sorry for all the questions!! :angel:

Vikster - I take it b5 worked well for you? How long did it take for your acne to clear up? How bad was it? what dose are u on now? Sorry for all the questions!! :angel:

B5 is the business!!!!! My acne cleared up after 3 months! But you start noticing the difference after about 2-3 weeks. You may get an initial breakout at first, I did. All my spots started to purge. But after that it settled down a lot. After 3 weeks I noticed the oiliness of my skin wasn't as bad. Three months in and my cysts had all gone and I had a few pimples here and there which I could cope with as they weren't active acne. But like I said before, I made the mistake of coming off it cos I thought I was "cured". But it came back. So now I make sure I stay on it.

My acne was bad. I had painful cystic lumps all over my face, chest and back. It hurt to make any expression at all. So I was really impressed with the way the B5 dealt with that! I am still on 21 pills per day (about a 10g dosage), but that is only cos its taking longer to clear the second time around.

B5 is the only thing I have taken that has actually helped my acne. I am not saying I am 100% clear, cos I would be lying. But it is now at the stage I can cope with and I can go out without make up without being mortified. Yeah, i still have spots here and there, but no cysts :D:clap: I have no doubt that eventually the B5 combined with Dans Regime (which is excellent for smoothing those "sandy bumps" on my face out) will make me 100% clear.

How are you doing with your B5? I am glad to hear your acne is no worse. Give the B5 time to work. It will do its job, I promise! :)

B5 is the business!!!!! My acne cleared up after 3 months! But you start noticing the difference after about 2-3 weeks. You may get an initial breakout at first, I did. All my spots started to purge. But after that it settled down a lot. After 3 weeks I noticed the oiliness of my skin wasn't as bad. Three months in and my cysts had all gone and I had a few pimples here and there which I could cope with as they weren't active acne. But like I said before, I made the mistake of coming off it cos I thought I was "cured". But it came back. So now I make sure I stay on it.

My acne was bad. I had painful cystic lumps all over my face, chest and back. It hurt to make any expression at all. So I was really impressed with the way the B5 dealt with that! I am still on 21 pills per day (about a 10g dosage), but that is only cos its taking longer to clear the second time around.

B5 is the only thing I have taken that has actually helped my acne. I am not saying I am 100% clear, cos I would be lying. But it is now at the stage I can cope with and I can go out without make up without being mortified. Yeah, i still have spots here and there, but no cysts :D:clap: I have no doubt that eventually the B5 combined with Dans Regime (which is excellent for smoothing those "sandy bumps" on my face out) will make me 100% clear.

How are you doing with your B5? I am glad to hear your acne is no worse. Give the B5 time to work. It will do its job, I promise! :)

Thanks so much for all the info!! It worries me when people say 'i was cured after 3 days or a week!' Im guessing they only had a spot or 2!! I will definatley give it the full 3 months and longer but hopefully in the next 2 weeks i will see some improvement!

Im so glad it worked so well for you! I only get a few spots on my face at any time (literally 2-5!) but my chest and back are very bad so im really hoping this works. Especially with summer coming up! I wanna wear nice tops!!

Hope you have continued success and i'll keep u posted with how its going!

p.s. do u think there is a difference between the vilantae and the bsclearskin brands?? I using vilantae (evo-x) x

Thanks so much for all the info!! It worries me when people say 'i was cured after 3 days or a week!' Im guessing they only had a spot or 2!! I will definatley give it the full 3 months and longer but hopefully in the next 2 weeks i will see some improvement!

Im so glad it worked so well for you! I only get a few spots on my face at any time (literally 2-5!) but my chest and back are very bad so im really hoping this works. Especially with summer coming up! I wanna wear nice tops!!

p.s. do u think there is a difference between the vilantae and the bsclearskin brands?? I using vilantae (evo-x) x

People who say they are cured in a week obviously don't have acne. 3 months is the minimum amount of time it will take to kick in , for some it takes a little longer. I was real bad though and it only took 3 months. The key is to stick with it.

I used to hate having acne on my chest and back, its almost impossible to find a good makeup to cover it. I don't have any spots whatsoever on my chest and back now cos of B5. You'll be in lovely summer tops in no time!

As for the difference in brands, I am not too sure. You have to be careful, cos although some brands claim to be pure B5, they're often not and are manufactured differently and do not work as well. The clearskin brands promise they are 100% pure and I have read testimonies from the people on the clearskin site that say they switched to another brand of B5 and their acne came back. See how this one goes for you. It will probably be fine. I hope you have success, and make sure you keep posting your progress :)

People who say they are cured in a week obviously don't have acne. 3 months is the minimum amount of time it will take to kick in , for some it takes a little longer. I was real bad though and it only took 3 months. The key is to stick with it.

I used to hate having acne on my chest and back, its almost impossible to find a good makeup to cover it. I don't have any spots whatsoever on my chest and back now cos of B5. You'll be in lovely summer tops in no time!

As for the difference in brands, I am not too sure. You have to be careful, cos although some brands claim to be pure B5, they're often not and are manufactured differently and do not work as well. The clearskin brands promise they are 100% pure and I have read testimonies from the people on the clearskin site that say they switched to another brand of B5 and their acne came back. See how this one goes for you. It will probably be fine. I hope you have success, and make sure you keep posting your progress :)

Its amazin that your chest and back are 100% clear! If that happens with me i'll be soooooooo happy! The vilantae brand has had brilliant reviews from people on this site so heres hoping!!

Thanks for all the advice and i'll keep u posted!

:D

Hi guys

Thought id keep you all updated!! Its exactly 2 weeks today since started b5 and my skin looks a little better. I am still getting new spots on my back and chest but less than 2 weeks ago(I have just come on my period too and that usually brings spots !. My face has never been severe like my back and chest but has mild acne and that has stayed pretty much the same but id say there are only a few active spots the rest are redmarks that usually fade in about 2 weeks.

Id sum it up as MILD improvement which is hopefully the start of things to come!!! However, im worried that i have not had an initial breakout so am kinda expecting one but really dont want one!!!! I'll have to wait and see what delights the acne fairy has in store for me!!!!

As far as side effects go I havent experienced any other than slightly more yellow pee!! he he!!

I'll keep you all updated on my progress with b5.

Good luck to everyone with their treatments! xx :D

hi katie,

are you on 10g? what brand are you taking?

i'm on 10g now and i get slight headaches and neck aches :-(

tim

hi katie,

are you on 10g? what brand are you taking?

i'm on 10g now and i get slight headaches and neck aches :-(

tim

Hi Tim

Yeah im on 10g and i take vilantae (evolution x). I usually get headaches but havent been for the last 2 weeks!! I dont think its due to b5 but it definatkey didnt make mine worse! Other than yellow pee ive not noticed anything else at all!

Good luck with the b5! has it worked at all so far??

Kate

Hi guys!

Ok so yesterday I got up early had a shower and applied bp as well as taking b5 through the day as normal. I came on here and stated there had been mild improvement! Well imbetween putting my top on at 9am ish and taking them off to go to bed at 11pm ish my skin had improved greatly!!!!! (reminder that my acne is on my back and chest not really face so over the 14 hours i was going about my day I had no idea what was going on under my top!!!!!! )Obviously it hadnt cleared or anything but spots that had heads are now red flat 'marks' and everything looks alot less angry and smoother!!

I woke up this morning and my skin is looking so much better no new breakout over night either which i usually get. Not sure if its the bp or b5 but i'll keep at them both!!

Hope ive not jinxed things but i'll keep you all updated. Still a long way to go but id say there was not noticable improvemnt and an all round less angry look!!! yay!!!

x x

I woke up this morning and my skin is looking so much better no new breakout over night either which i usually get. Not sure if its the bp or b5 but i'll keep at them both!!

x x

I'm so pleased for you. There is nothing better than seeing your skin improve is there! Can you imagine how it is gonna feel when we are 100% clear!!! I'l be on top of the world. My skin is doing well. Still got a stubborn cyst in between my eyebrows that won't go! But its not sore or anything, just a hard lump that refuses to go down. :mad: I got a couple of pimples on my forehead this morning, but i think that is cos i kept messing with my fringe yesterday and aggrivated it. Overall though, my skin is looking loads better!

I'm so pleased for you. There is nothing better than seeing your skin improve is there! Can you imagine how it is gonna feel when we are 100% clear!!! I'l be on top of the world. My skin is doing well. Still got a stubborn cyst in between my eyebrows that won't go! But its not sore or anything, just a hard lump that refuses to go down. :mad: I got a couple of pimples on my forehead this morning, but i think that is cos i kept messing with my fringe yesterday and aggrivated it. Overall though, my skin is looking loads better!

Hi again!

Its day 16!!! Just to report that I woke up this morning and my skin on my face feels less oily. There seems to be about 3 new spots on my chest trying to push there way through so im using bp to try and combat that!! My back seems slightly better. Spots seem to be healing (no new breakouts) and overall skin tone seems better (less angry red marks!)

Nothing major but id say some signs that the b5 is working!! However it very early days yet!!

I'll keep u posted! xx :)