Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pennylane

so very dry

So i have been on this regimen for a little over a week now and it seems to be working ok except for my face is REALLY dry. I have been using neutrogena oil free mouisterizer but it really doesnt seem to help too much. Im thinking about swithching to eucerin, but i don't know if its too soon? My skin is really flaky and i cant help but have to exfoliate it a bit. Is this really terrible.??...like if i'm using an exfoliating pad or toothbrush, but not being really harsh on my skin, is it going to be working against me for clearing my skin?

Don't worry- I was exactly the same at the begining of the regimen- but it does get so much better with time- mine had reduced loads by week 2-3 and gone completely by around week 4! My skin was so dry to start with it even cracked in one place! Just moisturise whenever you feel like you need it, also do you live in the US because others will be better at suggesting moisturisers than me (I live in the UK).

To help with the dryness yoou could after you get out the shower try brushing your face really gently with a towel to try and remove some flakes, but be really gentle because they will go away with time and you don't want to irriate your face any more! :)

It really does improve. Cotton wool pad, and wet face, and just gently smooth over your skin - the flakes should go.

I was so really dry, dead skin everywhere...I even posted on here for help! But, I'm now in week 3, and it's gone! Keep moisturising. I suggest Eucerin around mid 2nd week; it worked for me then. You should experience an inital redness and stinging, but that goes away.

So i have been on this regimen for a little over a week now and it seems to be working ok except for my face is REALLY dry.

Well, it's quite early on your regimen so it's perfectly normal that you are experiencing dryness (specially if you ramped up the dosage faster than recommended).

Eventually, your skin will develop resistance to BP and dryness will subside. So give it a few weeks, like the others have said.

When I was around my 3rd or 4th week, I was peeling badly so I switched to RoC Effeit Reservoir moisturizer, which has an AHA derivative. It helped a lot and prepared "the ground" well for the current AHA lotion I'm using. Dan recommends AHA based moisturizers for chronically dry skins and I can confirm that they really work wonders. The one I'm using does, at least. I'm not dry nor flaking anymore. :D

Good luck, penny. :)

http://acne.org/biggestmistakes.html

read under not being gentle ( wouldnt exfoliate using a tooth brush or anything itll cost u skin irritation)

and using the right products for yourself maybe neutrogena oil free moisturizer isnt best for you try cetaphils moisturizer spf 15 everyone's skin is different find a product that will be agree with your skin

also read starting too fast - drying is common but if ur drying is very severe reduce the amount of BP since your only on first week and a few days? or use more moisturizer gradually increase the amount as time goes by

and also are you using dans csr gel or neutrogena on the spot? (neutrogena= bad bad super dry) CSR= GOOD STUFF! lol

hope this helps :D

thank you guys so much for your help. i'm using on the spot but thinking about switching to dans csr gel. people seem to like it well. i'll look around for a good mousteriser. again, thanks!! you guys are so much help. good luck to all of you