Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jkist

How much BP is too much???

Hello, im using BP 4% every night, but maybe im using a lot, cos in the next day my face gets very dry... i've read that when u for wash your face too much, the acne may became worse. does it also happen when using too much BP?? cos i had some internal pimples (not so bad as cystic, but red and little painful...). im using Bp for about 1 month.

ive finished a treatment with Roacutan (accutane) six months ago, i noticed that some pimples came back after I stopped the treatment. Im trying BP, and if it doesnt work ill take accutane again, althoigh my pimples are pretty better then last year...

Plz help me!!

thank u!!

Hello, im using BP 4% every night, but maybe im using a lot, cos in the next day my face gets very dry... i've read that when u for wash your face too much, the acne may became worse. does it also happen when using too much BP?? cos i had some internal pimples (not so bad as cystic, but red and little painful...). im using Bp for about 1 month.

ive finished a treatment with Roacutan (accutane) six months ago, i noticed that some pimples came back after I stopped the treatment. Im trying BP, and if it doesnt work ill take accutane again, althoigh my pimples are pretty better then last year...

Plz help me!!

thank u!!

Watch the video- tells you the right amout.4% is fine, with BP takes few weeks to see results. Use a gentle face wash and good moisturiser in generous amounts. thats it.

Yeah now i watched the video and i see that i dont use too much BP... maybe i use less than in the video...

but i dont use moistorizer, cos i dont know the name of that here in Brazil...

is that the problem?? does my skin get worse if i dont use the mosturizer? cos my skin gets VERY dry if i only use BP, so does it make the gland's activity to increase?

Or just if i use a higher dosage of BP, would it help anything??

thank u!!

Yeah now i watched the video and i see that i dont use too much BP... maybe i use less than in the video... 

but i dont use moistorizer, cos i dont know the name of that here in Brazil... 

is that the problem?? does my skin get worse if i dont use the mosturizer? cos my skin gets VERY dry if i only use BP, so does it make the gland's activity to increase?

Or just if i use a higher dosage of BP, would it help anything??

thank u!!

You must use a moisturiser to stop your skin from drying up other wise your skin will probably become worse due to overdrying. Buy an oil free moisturiser as soon as possible, tell you local pharmasist you skins is dry and needs moisture- surely there is a word for moisture in Brazilian.

They have moisturizer in Brazil- you may have to check the women's sections in the stores. You also want to have sunscreen in the moisturizer.

I'll find out what moisturizer is in Portugues.

another question... can i use BP at night, before sleeping?? cos thats the time im using it, but in the STEP-BY-STE says to use in the morning...

thank u!!

Start slowly, but once you've been on for a month or more, err on the side of more, absolutely. It's hard to use too much.

Also, if you are trying to follow the acne.org regimen, please re-read the regimen and print it out. You do it twice per day.

-Dan