Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Realist

Acne Disability

Guest Realist

There should be such a thing. We should have special benefits for dealing with this shit.

Guest Realist

Yeah, like free internet service.

yeah that would be cool...maybe, €20 for every whitehead, €50 for every cyst. :D

Disability is for people that are physically unable to work. I can understand benefits to help you pay for treatments, but why should you deserve to get paid not to work? You're perfectly able-bodied (anyway, if you're not, it isn't because of acne).

Disability is for people that are physically unable to work. I can understand benefits to help you pay for treatments, but why should you deserve to get paid not to work? You're perfectly able-bodied (anyway, if you're not, it isn't because of acne).

Its a mental disability.

Guest Fraser

I heard in the news a few weeks ago that a country in europe (sweden maybe, cant remember 4 sure), are legalising the use of prostitutes for disabled ppl (the government is actually paying for the hookers) once a month cos they dont get enough sex. Apparently they've decided sex is a human right. Im sure the same could be applied to ppl with acne.

Has nebody else heard bout this?

I heard in the news a few weeks ago that a country in europe (sweden maybe, cant remember 4 sure), are legalising the use of prostitutes for disabled ppl (the government is actually paying for the hookers) once a month cos they dont get enough sex. Apparently they've decided sex is a human right. Im sure the same could be applied to ppl with acne.

Has nebody else heard bout this?

I can confirm that, the country is where I live, Denmark. I have had mild/moderate acne for the past 3 years or so, but if you ask me, I don't think it should be considered a disability in the line of the physically handicapped. But I do believe that the dermatologists should get their shit together, and update their already lacking knowledge. So maybe we should turn the idea around, instead of funding acne sufferes, more money should go to some kind of research or something.

If someone becomes so psychologically depressed because of their acne, they may receive SSD benefits, if they decide to apply for them.

People are receiving benefits in the States for being depressed all the time.

Should you use it to "cheat" the system because you're embarrased? No.

If you actually are depressed where you can't get out of bed, feel like you want to die, can't concentrate on any activity for too long without losing interest, and just hate the world... go apply, you'll probably get rejected the first time (most everyone does), and then file an appeal where you'll most likely get accepted.

This is to say you've been under the care of a psychiatrist who's diagnosed you with a major depressive disorder.

They aren't going to believe just "you".

Guest funky_monkey

It's Denmark.

Good to see people's taxes going to such a worthy cause (not).

Guest Realist

To make some even bigger whiners?

Yeah, fuck acne. I hate you. Go away, mofo.

Hypocrite.

essential cosmetics should be free, and so should all treatments. that would make more sense than a benefit, and also it would take the profit motive out of the acne industry.

good looking ppl with clear skin should pay a lot more tax, and products such as mirrors and film should be taxed higher.

tim

If this was the case you'd have to pay for every person with any other kind of disability, blind, deaf, fat, ugly, stupid, ect,ect. Each one can be claimed as a disability, it'd be a extreme form of Communism. I purpose the fucking Dermatology industry get the fuck of their ass and cure this shit already, lazy fuckers. Fuck all this bullshit about treating the symptoms of Acne give me a direct cure that targets the root of the problem. All those fuckers care about is making money.

You don't know much about applying for disability... do you?

The people that collect disability, either full or partial, are awarded these benefits because their specific condition, disease (whatever it is) keeps them from working. The courts usually decide someone's work capacity if the person applying gets rejected the first time and they appeal the ruling.

Someone that's stupid might still be able to work, maybe not at Microsoft, but more than likely at Taco Bell. Believe me, I know someone who was a 7th year senior in highschool (for mental reasons) that worked at Taco Bell.

There are some people who are so mentally depressed that they can't function in the real world.

Sure, someone can claim their condition is disabling. It might actually be to an extent. If they are still able to work, they won't receive disability benefits. If they aren't, they should be able to receive them.

That's what disability benefits are for... helping the people who CAN NOT work, regardless of what condition is incapacitating a given individual.