Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ifibelieve

ATTENTION ALL TAZORAC USERS

okay guyz...so i went to the derm and he presecribed me brevoxyl-8 (face wash), doxycycline and of course tazorac. I'm clearing up beautifully! in 2 weeks, but my acne was not bad at all but it was inflamed from me picking at it by the way i knew was a big no no! :shhh: but any way while the taz was bringing the nasty stuff up the doxycycline helped being a antibiotic and the brevoxyl killed the p-acne bacteria! But on some days i just used the tazorac which causes peeling.

Now the miracle...

The derm told me more people break out using face lotion and other lotion because of the ingredients in lotions! He told me not to wash my face in the morning but put a little

VASELINE (PETROLEUM JELLY)

in the mornings...this will speed the healing x3 faster!

::GOOD LUCK EVERYONE:: :wub: *IF I BELIEVE*

okay guyz...so i went to the derm and he presecribed me brevoxyl-8 (face wash), doxycycline and of course tazorac. I'm clearing up beautifully! in 2 weeks, but my acne was not bad at all but it was inflamed from me picking at it by the way i knew was a big no no! :shhh: but any way while the taz was bringing the nasty stuff up the doxycycline helped being a antibiotic and the brevoxyl killed the p-acne bacteria! But on some days i just used the tazorac which causes peeling.

Now the miracle...

The derm told me more people break out using face lotion and other lotion because of the ingredients in lotions! He told me not to wash my face in the morning but put a little

sounds like bad advice. I think its hard to find a good derm thats an expert on acne. My current one is a MORON. I have been on Taz for about 3 months with great results. Now instead of the acne, now im obsessed with my HUGE oil problem.

sounds like bad advice. I think its hard to find a good derm thats an expert on acne. My current one is a MORON. I have been on Taz for about 3 months with great results. Now instead of the acne, now im obsessed with my HUGE oil problem.

Actually, I've heard the same thing. Petroleum jelly is noncomedogenic and a very good moisturizer, if applied correctly. I just can't get past the feel of it ...

oh yes the taz does give some people oily skin but the thing is after all the over the counter products, i had severely dry skin, so maybe that is why he told me this.

Caffeinefree, you are very correct. and the feel of petroleum jelly is hard to get used to at first, but if you don't apply so much its easier. Plus i think this is working for me,

so id rather be clear and kind of oily than dry and broken out all over.

and yes some derms are morons, I KNOW i had a couple of them, but i think this one actually knows a lil somethin somethin.

Does the vaseline help with peeling? I'm on tazorac and i have this embarrassing peeling problem and it's annoying me.. any advice on what to do with peeling skin?

Does the vaseline help with peeling? I'm on tazorac and i have this embarrassing peeling problem and it's annoying me.. any advice on what to do with peeling skin?

yes it does, if applied in the correect way. Don't stop using the taz however, peeling means its working keep at it! you can apply taz at night nad vaseline in the morning to keep the peeling down then at night wash your hands and kind of "buff" the dry skin away or find another very DELICATE way to exfoliate your skin as the taz will make your skin more sensitive...

OPEN TO ANY OTHER QUESTIONS.

*If i Believe :wub: *

Now the miracle...

rather have that than acne.

think i could use vaseline? im currently on clindamycin and Benzac 10% wash and it really dries the skin. Im just wondering if it would interact with the other drugs.

think i could use vaseline? im currently on clindamycin and Benzac 10% wash and it really dries the skin. Im just wondering if it would interact with the other drugs.

no im positiive that it wouldnt interfere as long as it is pure petroleum jelly and that is probably the only kind you can find. it won't interfere because it has no "lethal" ingredients. its only used to moisturize and heal. but as with all other moisturizers only use as much as needed.

so what exactly is the correct way to apply vaseline as a facial moisturizer? i've heard you can apply it then splash your face with water, and other people say just apply it in a thin thin layer.

[i'm thinking of using it with accutane, i get hella dry sometimes so it could be good]

so what exactly is the correct way to apply vaseline as a facial moisturizer? i've heard you can apply it then splash your face with water, and other people say just apply it in a thin thin layer.

[i'm thinking of using it with accutane, i get hella dry sometimes so it could be good]

you can do both, both work equally well, however i find that when splashed with water it gets kind of sticky.

i asked the derm you guyz when you start peeling try to use less vaseline so it will peel faster and then after you are done peeling you can go back to the normal amount