Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My mother was speaking to a nurse at the hospital she works at, and was told to have me try using aspirin.(by crushing it and making it into a paste)

Tonight it my pilot night, I crushed 10 Extra Strength Bayer Aspirin and added a little water so that it had the consistency of a paste. I then put it into the refrigerator, showered, and cleansed my face with a Tea Tree Oil Soap. When I got out of the shower and was dressed, I applied the Aspirin paste to my face. Here's to hoping it works. :D

I'll let you guys know what happens tomorrow, next week, 2 weeks, etc.

BTW, it feels pretty good. :D

-routhman

Thats the aspirin mask that everyone at makeupalley fawns over. I like it myself too. People add all sort of stuff to it like honey, sourcream, zinc pills, ACV.

WOW...I woke up this morning after leaving the Aspirin paste on my forhead overnight...all of my acne has reduced DRASTICALLY for one night! And my skin is soo much softer and smoother than it has been in years. I'm thinking a week from now, I'll be acne-free...here's to hoping. :D

I hope you will! I never tried it though cause i'm a bit afraid. What if it'll burn my skin a bit if i let it on my face the whole night? :think: You keep us posted with your results! Good luck! ;)

Wow!!! I've never left the asperin mask on for over an hour...that's incredible! I think I'll be trying that sometime..

As of right now I use Equate (Walmart!) Asperin with Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel (:

Hoping hoping

No way!!! So can I just buy any old asprin? And you have to use 10 each time? I want to try this exciting new thing!!!

10 is more than enough! I used 10 in the paste and I haven't finished it yet (my second night.)

I hope you will! I never tried it though cause i'm a bit afraid. What if it'll burn my skin a bit if i let it on my face the whole night? :think: You keep us posted with your results! Good luck! ;)

I have fairly sensitive skin and it has never burnt mine.

Here's to why it works:

Aspirin and salicylic acid have very similar molecular structures. But when you use a salicylic acid gel, it is diluted. Using aspirin put 100% of the ointment on the problem, so, obviously, it seems to work faster/better.

aspirin works because it's like a "cousin" to salicylic acid....

actually, using a 2% exfol serum is much better for your skin, and has better results in time.....

also, try using uncoated aspirin for this + don't mess with the pH of it, like adding lemon juice. That'd kill your face.

Tonight I'm going to post pictures of the progress(I have to go to school now). Although it might not be greatly visibly better, the overall texture and feel of my skin is unbelievable.

I use about 8 uncoated asp. in the palm of my hand. fill a tiny spray bottle w/ distilled water and spray on the asp til it dissolves but is still thick. then i use a little plain milk of magnesia and a little neut clear pore cleanser mask and mix together. i leave on btwn 3-8 min.

Well I was scavenging some other acne boards, and I one person who was supposedly having great results coated their face with BP before they put the aspirin on their face...So..I decided to try it (coating my face with Duac before I applied the mask.) I think it worked better than aspirin alone, but the difference wasn't drastic...When my face has drastically improved (assuming it does), I'll post before and after pictures (probably in a couple months until I'm happy with my face.)

Aside from the topical treatments, I'm also using Vitamin A and B5 to reduce my oil production in my skin. I have faith in this treatment. Once my acne has cleared, I'm planning on purchasing an at-home microdermabrasion kit to clear my hyperpigmentations and shallow ice-picks.