Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi ..

I'm 23 and have been dealing with acne for about 6 years now .. I've mangaed to somehow keep it minimal with proactive but having gotten tired of acne getting worse i went on murad, im back on proactive now .. but overnight one day I woke up with huge red painful acne that have been there for over 4weeks now ..

I read here that could be cystninc acne

I have no idea how to deal with this or what to do .. its so horrible and all over my face, painful and i'm afraid scarring .. what can i do ???

I am going to go see a derm, but because of references and insurance I probably wont get appointment for weeks

HELP anything I can do now ??

i hate leaving my house now :(

ok your overnight huge red painful acne might have been caused by proactiv. i used proactiv for a lil over a year with a lot of success and then one day out of nowhere i errupted like you described. the same thing happneed to my friend (before it happened to me) and she told me she thought it was proactiv but i didnt believe her and thought it would never happen to me. i think what happens is that all the fragrances and stuff in proactiv buildup and make our skin fight back (thats just my theory).

anyway, if i were you i would stop using proactiv and instead wash with a mild cleanser (like cetaphil gentle cleanser or basis facial bar for sensitive skin). if your face is not too sensitive you might want to try a 2.5%bp (which is what is in the repairing lotion for proactiv) but i would use a simple bp without perfumes like neutrogena on the spot or dan's csr gel. I would do this to keep your skin under control until you get an appointment. but if you are having cysts i would def try to see a derm.

good luck! and im sorry this happened to you.

Stop proactive, try Dans regimen. Gentle cleanser, 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide gel, oil free moisturizer. No scrubbing or exfoliating, and do it twice a day, dont touch your face, see how it goes :) Put the gel on your spots, could dry them up and aloe vera gel speeds up the healing process of your skin. If BP doesn't work too well, try spot treating them with Tea tree oil, which is sort of a natural alternative?

Definitely try Dans Regimen. Please, it is the best thing you can do! I had cystic acne all over my face and boy was it painful!!!! Stop with everthing you are using, and use only what Dan suggests. Also I recommend taking B5 (see below at my regimen). I suffered for so long with cystic acne, and the B5 kicks it into touch everytime! www.b5clearskin.com will tell you everything you need to know, and its worth every penny.

Good luck, and don't worry, your skin will be healing in no time :)