Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ycgirl

Is this moisturizer alright?

First of all I have mild acne. Right now Im using proactiv which is working, but it is kind of expensive and Im running out. So I just ordered Dan's CSR gel and I have the purpose cleansing bar. I also have cetaphil moisturizing lotion(no spf) and aveeno ultra-calming oil-free moisturizer w/ spf 15. Will those two work with the CSR? And do you think I will experience and breakouts when switching to Dan's BP Gel for Proactiv's BP?

the cetaphil lotion is fine, but I'm not sure about the Aveeno one since it isn't on Dan's list of recommended products.

As for a breakout from switching, it just depends. Most people make the transition fine, while others do experience a mild breakout. But the bp is the same strength, so technically there shouldn't be any breakout really.

the cetaphil lotion is fine, but I'm not sure about the Aveeno one since it isn't on Dan's list of recommended products.

As for a breakout from switching, it just depends. Most people make the transition fine, while others do experience a mild breakout. But the bp is the same strength, so technically there shouldn't be any breakout really.

But the one he recommends is the SFP one? Does that make a difference?

From the sound of it, the Aveeno might be fine. I haven't tried it, but "ultra-calming oil-free moisturizer". That's some seriously good marketing people :) For real though, as long as a moisturizer is oil-free, non-comedogenic, and made for the face it should be fine. Whether or not it moisturizes enough is another story. For instance, Oil of Olay is oil-free randomly enough and non-comedogenic, but the stuff just plain doesn't moisturize well enough with BP.

As far as SPF goes, it depends how much you're in the sun. If you are in the sun a lot, it can help prevent sun irritation and damage. Otherwise, no biggie.

From the sound of it, the Aveeno might be fine. I haven't tried it, but "ultra-calming oil-free moisturizer". That's some seriously good marketing people :) For real though, as long as a moisturizer is oil-free, non-comedogenic, and made for the face it should be fine. Whether or not it moisturizes enough is another story. For instance, Oil of Olay is oil-free randomly enough and non-comedogenic, but the stuff just plain doesn't moisturize well enough with BP.

As far as SPF goes, it depends how much you're in the sun. If you are in the sun a lot, it can help prevent sun irritation and damage. Otherwise, no biggie.

But the Cetaphil mositurizer I have has oil in it (Macadamin(sp?) Nut Oil). But it still is non-comedogenic and I guess the oil is not know to clog pores at all. I haven't been having any trouble with it so I guess Ill still use it.

aveeno is so thick you cant even get it off with soap on your hands like how you are suppose to wash your face on the regimen, it turns into balls of lotion and wont let you clean your face, dont get it, just go with the uecerin it works like a charm.