Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xiomara

What foods are hard to digest?

cooked proteins, such as in your steak, go through the maillard reaction which renders them more resistant to digestive enzymes and acidic pH.

I head someone say steak. WHERE? I was told there'd be STEAK!

SHOCKED, I'm SHOCKED.

/You gimme a fat piece of steak or I'ma give you a fat lip man.

//SLASHY!

Cooked proteins are really hard to digest. As are green vegetables. And so are potatoes if they are not cooked well enough. All meats are hard to digest and so is pasta and rice. Lashings of extra virgin olive oil will help the digestion process along. Why are you thinking of giving up foods that are hard to digest?

Guest Fraser

Grass is pretty difficult to digest unless ure a cow (any of the bovine variety here?). Don't try it ppl.

I get no acne if I eat mostly starch (white bread, white pasta, potatoes,rice) with just some oil/fats. I can eat lots of fats or very little and my skin is not affected. When I start adding in too many veggies, whole grains, animal proteins and fruits/sugar is when I begin to get problems with my digestion and complexion. I actually lose water weight and bloating when I eat this way (lots of soluble fiber). It is actually a recommended diet for people with IBS (irritable bowel syndrome).

Some people actually GET acne from the very foods that alleviate it in myself (white bread for example). Acne is a tricky thing! If you are a person who craves meat and steak then you probably need it- could be a protein type.