Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

If I get a pimple on my left cheek, the next day, or two days later, I'll get one in the same exact spot on the opposite cheek. Does anyone else have this experience with symmetrical acne?

Guest Fraser

Not at all, sometimes one side of my face is clear and the other is like vesuvius mid eruption

Different for different ppl i guess..

Like everything has a balance, acne has a balance too.. if you get it on one cheek you must get it on the other one or the universe will become unbalanced.

So it's not just me! I get SO effin angry everytime I get those horrible nastly painful little piss ant pimples on the sides of my cheeks right under my ear because I know that inevitably that little pimple will alert the other side of the cheek that it's completely naked without a pimple on it! UGH! Well, it's good to know I'm not alone!

the thing that caused the one on one cheek probably made contact with both cheeks. Maybe taking off a sweaty shirt or something like that. Its happen(ing)ed to me before.

It's a human survival instinct. If a pimple forms on one side, another will form on the other to make like a pair of eyes to fool potential predators. It's a known fact...

that JUST happened to me. i'd say like 2 days ago.. I had the huuge zit on the left side of my cheek.. and right when I got it to go away, in the SAME spot on the other side of my face, I got anything under the skin one... that now im trying to get rid of right now

happens here too. i have like 2 mini cysts on either side of my nose. cheeks have the same slight scar pattern and bumps. sucks,

YES THIS SOOO HAPPENS TO ME ALL THE TIME!! I THOUGHT I WAS A FREAK OF NATURE! I don't think it's coincidence. Acne is an inflammatory response. From my really flimsy immunology knowledge from med school, I think it's to do with the body reacting to the initial inflammation whereby the symmetrical side of the face responds too, as a hyper-protective response. This phenomenom happens with the eye, if you get infection in just one eye, the inflammatory response will occur in both eyes.

Definitely! This happens to me all the time, it drives me crazy! It kind of confirms for me that my acne is not caused from oily skin or anything, but from food allergies (I'm currently on a new diet with no wheat, dairy, or sweets, and it's going GREAT!).