Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
queengodiva

initial break out on any new med?

Hi-does anyone know whether youwill always have initial break out on any new acne med even if you add a new med to a current routine? I have been using differin for over 12 weeks and decided to add in a little BP in the morning. I've noticed that initially, it cleared up the existing pimples but recently have been getting some sore pimples. Could this be an initial break out or a bad reaction to the BP (I've never had a reaction ot BP before). Any ideas would be great!

Thanks!!

It's probably just a reaction to a new chemical, happens to everyone I think, usually it really clears up for a day or two, and then you have a big break out, and then it gets better. So stick with it and you should notice an improvement :)

P.S Is it 2.5% BP gel?

Thank you for the reply-that makes sense, but I am always paranoid as my skin is sensitive and was more clear before starting the BP. I've been using it almost two weeks. I thought I would wait as long as 5 weeks and if it doesn't clear up, I'll quit. I'm actually using Triaz cleanser-it's a 6% BP wash+AHA. It feels really nice and removes the excess skin that the Differin is working on:)

Hmm, because of your sensitive skin that could be the problem, the best thing to do at the beginning is to use a very very gentle cleanser, then BP 2.5% gel and then moisturize moisturize moisturize. If Benzoyl Peroxide doesnt agree with your skin, try using tea tree oil as a replacement maybe