Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Craigtheviking

Old Pimples Taking Their Time?

Okay so i've been on the regimen for a month now and i'm very impressed, no active spots whatsoever and have had none for about 4 -5 days... however ..... When i first started the regimen i got a few breakouts and these cleared very very quickly the swelling went down and no redness at all, job done, happy with that, but, I have a couple of spots left that I had BEFORE i started the regimen that are still there, they're not a red as normal spots and not as big either but I can feel them under the skin and they won't fade. This has been about a month now, this never happened before when I wasn't on the regimen the big spots would clear up in about a week or two. Anyone had this or know what it is or how to get rid of them? my theory that it's all the junk blocked in the poers but without the acne bacteria to inflame it it just sits there trapped under the skin, or I could be way off. Help!

I have the same problem. I think your 'no bacteria no inflammation' theory is right. Nothing gets rid of them for me except picking at them which I totally DON'T recommend. I've tried AHA and scrubs, but nothing seems to work, they hang around for months and can be pretty big. I try not to let them bother me because they're better than inflammed pimples. Has anyone tried microdermabrasion for this?

Guest Spike Rose

bp gel slows the healing process of the skin.

I have the same problem. I think your 'no bacteria no inflammation' theory is right. Nothing gets rid of them for me except picking at them which I totally DON'T recommend. I've tried AHA and scrubs, but nothing seems to work, they hang around for months and can be pretty big. I try not to let them bother me because they're better than inflammed pimples. Has anyone tried microdermabrasion for this?

http://www.alibaba.com/catalog/11253529/Mi...oisturizer.html

is awesome for things like that.

It's awesome in general, you should try it, or something similar

:)

thanks for the input but i'm not deviating from the regimen untill i'm totally clear, took a bit of a gamble this morning and didn't put bp on the very small affected area, i'll see if there's any improvement.

im having same problem they are taking ages :( ,my breakouts have sorta slown down and my spots arnt as big as ones ive had before, but still ye take forever to heal up

ones that are there at the onset of the regimen wil take longest to heal compared to new ones in my personal opinion.

they key is

NOT TO TOUCH FACE!

BE GENTLE IN APPLICATION

FIND A SIMPLEEEEEEEEEE REGIMEN AND STICK WITH IT

a lot of people try to chop and change with regimens to find somethin that wil give them "instant" improvements

an it doesnt work like that imaffraid.

if ur skin isnt getting WORSE then that is a sign it wil get better over time!

u gotta stick with it an not become impatient

I had the same thing last for like 3 months. I got these papules on the left side of my cheek around Thanksgiving, 3 I think. They didnt disappear until like end of Jan or Feb. They will go away tho becuase my left side is smooth now, so just wait it out, it really is annoying, but I didn't find ne thing to speed it up. Plus you dont really wanna add ne thing else cus it could make you break out.

ones that are there at the onset of the regimen wil take longest to heal compared to new ones in my personal opinion.

they key is

NOT TO TOUCH FACE!

BE GENTLE IN APPLICATION

a lot of people try to chop and change with regimens to find somethin that wil give them "instant" improvements

patience is a virtue..... be patient stick to the regimen like dami3n says and it will go away......

im currently going throughthe same thing as well. my breakouts were cleared by the regimen, but the small spots i had before all that are still there, just a bit lighter.

As a recovering picker, just leave it alone. I still have a few myself, but I have been sitting on my hands to leave them alone. They will go away, but it just takes time :D

Obsidian78

Ok - so i missed BP on the affected areas and 24hrs after the bumps have gone down! i'll do it again today and keep you guys posted to see if it works and hopefully i don't breakout there then maybe someone else with this problem can try it to confirm, but the bumps are down and the red marks have faded slightly at this rate i tihnk they'll be gone in another 24- 48 hours!!!!!

Right - I've missed out BP application on the small areas mentioned above for about 60 hours now and the bumps have faded very very quickly the skin isn't raised any more and there's only very mild red marks left. So to conclude this little experiment, if you've got what I mentioned on my first post calm down on the BP only on those areas for a bit (I stopped it completely - still did they rest of ym face tho) and they go down fast! I'm too afraid to stop using BP on those areas now and i'm happy with it just being red marks which will fade in time so going back to covering those areas with BP. Hope this helps anyone that's got the same thing.

Right - I've missed out BP application on the small areas mentioned above for about 60 hours now and the bumps have faded very very quickly the skin isn't raised any more and there's only very mild red marks left. So to conclude this little experiment, if you've got what I mentioned on my first post calm down on the BP only on those areas for a bit (I stopped it completely - still did they rest of ym face tho) and they go down fast! I'm too afraid to stop using BP on those areas now and i'm happy with it just being red marks which will fade in time so going back to covering those areas with BP. Hope this helps anyone that's got the same thing.

thx im gonna try this!!! cos my papules have taken well over a month 2 not even heal but to seltttle and not hurt when i press them!!

one question did u apply moisturiser on them aswell? obv u washed the area but was that it or was there just no BP and everything else

Yeah still used the moisturiser just missed the area with BP. if you're still getting new spots every day i suggest you wait untill you stop getting new ones before you try this.

Yeah still used the moisturiser just missed the area with BP. if you're still getting new spots every day i suggest you wait untill you stop getting new ones before you try this.

o no my breakouts have reduced its just these papule things seem to flare up then die down then flare up an die down etc, they are same spots but jst REFUSE TO GO !!! this is war!! :evil:

btw i was examining my skin in the mirror today and i noticed my skin isnt like skin any more, i have scales!!! if u look really closely you can see the fibres that make my skin up have a criss cross sctrucutre almost like a net of fibres i mean wtf lol

they key is

NOT TO TOUCH FACE!

BE GENTLE IN APPLICATION

^ so true.

they key is

NOT TO TOUCH FACE!

BE GENTLE IN APPLICATION

^ so true.

btw i was examining my skin in the mirror today and i noticed my skin isnt like skin any more, i have scales!!! if u look really closely you can see the fibres that make my skin up have a criss cross sctrucutre almost like a net of fibres i mean wtf lol

Dryness.. you should exfoliate with a really gentle scrub once a week and moisturise more, does your skin feel tight at all?

Dryness.. you should exfoliate with a really gentle scrub once a week and moisturise more, does your skin feel tight at all?

yup but exfoliating is irritating i heard

Depends on which kind of exfoliator you use, how often you use it, how hard you rub, how sensitive your skin is, etc etc. If it's a really gentle one, and you gently rub in small circles, and not for too long, and only use it once or twice a week, it's a good way to remove dead dry skin, acne, red marks from past acne, blackheads.. just make sure you put moisturiser on afterwards, and it's usually fine

Depends on which kind of exfoliator you use, how often you use it, how hard you rub, how sensitive your skin is, etc etc. If it's a really gentle one, and you gently rub in small circles, and not for too long, and only use it once or twice a week, it's a good way to remove dead dry skin, acne, red marks from past acne, blackheads.. just make sure you put moisturiser on afterwards, and it's usually fine

im leaving it for time being til i clear up, if thats going to happen lol, 6 weeks in and my skin is still shit with these red papule things over my face ugh, i stopped using BP on the papules yesturday to see if they heal faster. the longest spots ive had to heal since i been on the regimen as well as past experiences.

Sometimes exfoliation can help with that. It helped me :) But it really depends on your skin and what you want to do with it. I only exfoliated once a week, really really gently and carefully, at night (usually on a sunday night).

It just helped to get rid of the dry scaly dead skin, and clean out my pores, get rid of any blackheads etc. I still do it.. but maybe my skin is tough enough to handle it. I dunno. It can smooth out the texture of your skin and gets rid of pimples etc faster (IMO) When I used it it also helped prevent new ones forming

I like exfoliants with really tiny microbeads, at the moment I'm using Neutrogena Deep Clean Gentle Scrub. It's great :) Smells real good too. :drool:

can i just ask a question, whats the longest any type of spot can take to die cos these red things on my face are taking ages as uve probably heard! was just wondering how long i gotta wait for it to die