Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kingpin343

underneath skin spots

hi everyone,

i have these little familys of spots on both my cheeck areas near my ear, the thing is they aint normal spots (which i do get and panoxyl gel sorts out nicely) they just stay there as little red patches under the skin which dont come up to a head and heal..

what are these and how can i get rid of them.

thanks in advance

Do you put Benzoyl Peroxide all over your face after you clean, and then moisturise? This might help me answer your question..

Do you put Benzoyl Peroxide all over your face after you clean, and then moisturise? This might help me answer your question..

i have recently started doing so, yes... i dont moisturise.. i fear it might help to clock my pores up more... anyway my skin is pretty much adapted to Benzoyl and it doesnt dry out as much as it used to

Well, first of all, you must must MUST moisturize!!!

Do it do it do it noowww!! It won't clog up your pores if it's oil free, it's really good for it, if your skin gets dry it will break out something terrible!

You could try a moisturizer with AHA in it, it gently exfoliates.. could be worth looking at?

Let me know if that doesnt work I'll try and find something different/better

:D

I think I've had a coupla similar spots over the last 4 months. One of them started off looking like a little whitehead under the surface of the skin and over a period of about 3 weeks, it slowly swelled into a red spot. It hung around for about 3-4 weeks too. I think time is the only thing that helps.

Moisturising is useful for keeping the skin hydrated, but won't fight acne