Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
routhman

I'm getting SmoothBeam...PLEASE RESPOND:(

Hey everyone,

I'm getting my first SmoothBeam treatment Saturday. Before I came here, everything suggested that my skin would be almost flawless after my SB treatment. However, after visiting these boards, I am extremely worried about the procedure and it's results. I have read that it is ineffective. I was so excited that my skin would finally be "good" again, but now I'm terrified that I'm throwing tremendous amounts of money away :( . I've been depressed for the past few months.

Judging from my picture, can someone tell/show me what my skin will look like after all of my (2-6?) treatments are finished. And how many treatments you think I will need?

Heres my picture:( :

IPB Image

Off topic: I used Tea Tree Oil soap in January and my face looked nearly flawless (despite my scars and few, tiny pimples) in a week or two. I stopped using it for a couple months because I could not find the right brand. Now that I've found the correct brand, the soap has stopped working? I don't understand this...Am I washing my face too often? I wash it in the morning at 6am, 3pm(when I get home from school), and 9pm(before bed.) Before, I think I would only wash my face twice a day; now that I've realized it...could this be the problem? Should I wash my face less?

Please Reply :( ...this means so much to me.

-routhman

Sorry to break the news to you but if you expect flawless skin you are going to be disappointed so you might as well accept that part. Some people totally regret doing smoothbeam cause it made them break out even worse and caused more scarring.

What are you doing the smoothbeam for? Scars or acne? Alot doctors will tell you a bunch of BS to get your money. Sorta sucks but its the truth.

Sorry to break the news to you but if you expect flawless skin you are going to be disappointed so you might as well accept that part. Some people totally regret doing smoothbeam cause it made them break out even worse and caused more scarring.

What are you doing the smoothbeam for? Scars or acne? Alot doctors will tell you a bunch of BS to get your money. Sorta sucks but its the truth.

not necessarily, ppl get clear, but for a limited time..then u have to keep maintenance...it doesn't do much for scars for too many but success in scars has been done befo'

do it if you have the moola $$

btw: you're better off asking this question about smoothbeam specifically for acne on the acne forum page, there are prolly more ppl there that could help you on that...seems like your more concerned with acne

how much are they chargin per treatment?

Between $150 and $450...I don't know exactly how much yet.

are laser procedures really that ineffective or is it because people choose mediocre surgeons? i hate to be stereotypical but my gut instinct says that doctors in appearance-conscious areas such as miami or los angeles would have better surgeons than other places. i think people spend more effort researching the best breast implant surgeon rather than a dermatologist because they think lasering is simple point and shoot... and worse if theyre simply going to an aesthetician instead of a doctor.

does your doctor have a portfolio of before/after shots to alleviate your concerns?

how much are they chargin per treatment?

Between $150 and $450...I don't know exactly how much yet.

are laser procedures really that ineffective or is it because people choose mediocre surgeons? i hate to be stereotypical but my gut instinct says that doctors in appearance-conscious areas such as miami or los angeles would have better surgeons than other places. i think people spend more effort researching the best breast implant surgeon rather than a dermatologist because they think lasering is simple point and shoot... and worse if theyre simply going to an aesthetician instead of a doctor.

does your doctor have a portfolio of before/after shots to alleviate your concerns?

I haven't visited yet, I'm going saturday.

the problem is that most docs arent' being as aggressive as they should be so they get no results. Some people have reported new scarring because they were treated at higher settings than they should've been and then they start breaking shit out or getting burn marks. w/the smoothbeam it's unlikely to burn 'cuz it's pretty weak. That's why smoothbeam wont work unless they are doing somethin' in conjunction like microdermabrasion/subcisions or peels. If it's for scars and the patient still has acne they're suppos'ta be treated with something oral befo' hand to help the process along...it really depends on the operator or doctor and partly the patient...that's why some people don't heal as well as others--it ain't all crock...

btw: anything over $300 for one single treatment is too much for that laza'/I think this kid'z gonna feel better about his scarring once his face is cleared up. from what i judge from da pic, i don't see bad scarring on him at all.

[email protected]^PeAce^!!&$

Smoothbeam works on most people, but it's results on acne are usually quite temporary. These stories of 98% of people clearing completely after four treatments are nonsense, many derms have now realized. Some have sold their laser.

hey,dude. could u tell me how much u paid for smoothbeam coz i've made an appointment with a derm next week and consult with him about smoothbeam and TCA stuff. thx!

hey,dude. could u tell me how much u paid for smoothbeam coz i've made an appointment with a derm next week and consult with him about smoothbeam and TCA stuff. thx!

The price ranges between $150-450 depending on your derm.