Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i believe mine was benzaclin (white little round container kept in the fridge?)

then it was clindoxyl? or clindamycin or something lke that...

they both worked very well, up until last year the C thing (whichever one i was using) stopped working.. and then my acne got much much worse.. when i think about my skin my acne was verry mild, i was lucky.

my first derm put me on proactiv (can you believe that???) of course this was almost 10 years ago when proactiv was just making its debut. im not sure if my dr had an interest or something in it.

i think tho derms nowadays tend to put you on a topical like differin and duac or some sort of antibiotic if you have cystlike acne.

good luck with your first derm appt...hopefully he is better than my first derm.

Differin and Duac and Doryx, but I refused to take the Doryx or any other antibiotic.....I later switched to retin-a micro, in place of differin and got another Rx for Mino (I'm actually allergic all cyclins, so I'm not just a difficult patient here)....never filled the mino Rx

No suprise I'm not clear, and I still get cysts (hopefully I won't have too much scarring this time around) ......I gave up on everything a month ago, and I'm just letting my skin do it's thing until it gets unbarable....then I'll find a derm who'll give me tane....

Tetracycline and Differin... Then added Benzaclyn.

Then 4 years later Tazorac and Doxycycline. Now Nothing... trying to treat scarring. damn acne fucking not only sucks when you have it.. but the scars it leaves behind make me want to kick each zit's ass.

good luck with your first derm appt...hopefully he is better than my first derm.

Haha ya thanks for the gl... im kinda scared about the derm tho cuz people say they just don't really care... check you out and give you your prescriptions... oh well just have to wait and see!! Thanks 4 all your replies. Keep em' coming! Byez

Franny G!

Oh ya i was just wondering how many times do you have to come back like every 2 months?!?! Thanks

Tetracycline, which was totally awesome, until it stopped working. Then, retin-a gel (.025%), retin-a cream (.05%), retin-a micro (.1%), doxycycline (did nothing but give me stomachaches), ProActive (worked awesome for two years, then became immune), metrogel (did nothing), retin-a micro (again), Accutane (finally clear, but who knows how long that will last?). Right now, I'm on Tazorac cream (.1%) and Yasmin BCP to keep things under control. Hoping this combo works for a LONG long time.

Metrogel and Differin.

Next appointment, Mino + continuing prior treatments.

Little over a year later, Accutane + continuing Metrogel.

Today, one month after Tane, same as we were at the beginning (Differin and Metrogel) cept now I'm 99%.

Haha ya thanks for the gl... im kinda scared about the derm tho cuz people say they just don't really care... check you out and give you your prescriptions... oh well just have to wait and see!! Thanks 4 all your replies. Keep em' coming! Byez

Franny G!

Oh ya i was just wondering how many times do you have to come back like every 2 months?!?! Thanks

Not all derms are assholes. Mine is really cool, he'll sit down and talk with me, explain everything that going to go on in my treatment, and answer any and all of my questions. You just gotta find the right one.

I was first put on evoclin which I loved how it felt but it did jack for my acne.

Then, evoclin with some bp prescription, then nicomide, then tetra, then mino, now, and thank GOD accutane!

Tetracycline, Benzaclin, Retin-A, and Nicomide. Still using all of them and they seem to be working!