Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OnePostWonder

Damn. Moisturizer...

Ok. So right now im using Aveeno moisturizer...

Neutrogena oil free was stinging

So was purpose...

And cetaphil...

So I try aveeno. No sting. However I seem to either just be NOTICING more blackheads on my nose. or there deffinetly are. So what should I do? I think this shit might be clogging my pores. I dont know, any personal experience? I also got some spots on my chin... overnight. WTF! And on the side of my nose. DOUBLE WTF!

Help?

do u use the CSR gel? i think the stingness is the lack of waiting time.... because one day when i was in a rush i only did it in 5 mins and woo weee my face stung like hell when i got outside i thought i got shot

try to wait it out a bit more then apply

So was purpose...

And cetaphil...

So I try aveeno. No sting. However I seem to either just be NOTICING more blackheads on my nose. or there deffinetly are. So what should I do? I think this shit might be clogging my pores. I dont know, any personal experience? I also got some spots on my chin... overnight. WTF! And on the side of my nose. DOUBLE WTF!

Help?

which Aveeno moisturizer is it?

So was purpose...

And cetaphil...

Help?

which Aveeno moisturizer is it?

Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion

Non Comodegenic

Thats what it says.

I use the Aveeno as well (the baby version) and I use it on all of the places I DON'T put BP. If I use it on the areas with BP, it clumps up. I really wish it didn't, because it moisturizes so well. I use aloe vera on the BP spots, but it just doesn't have the moisture I need. Sometimes I still use the Aveeno, but I have to BARELY rub it on my skin so it won't clump.

As far as Aveeno on the nose, I noticed it does make the blackheads look worse (the nose is the only place I get them). I think a lot of this has to do with Aveeno being a lotion, and not so much a liquid consistency like the others. It definitely doesn't seem to make things worse, it just makes them look worse. The Biore nose strips are great, just don't use them more than once a week.

I used the Neutrogena Oil Free (sensitive skin version) one for a couple years and it moisturized fine but it made my skin look like a grease bucket and it didn't seem to keep my skin moisturized all day. The Purpose one was the WORST one I tried. It never seemed to penetrate my skin and just left a white mess on my face. The Aveeno is the best so far, but like I said it doesn't work well with BP. It moisturizes my skin all day and doesn't leave me greasy at all (until my naturally oily skin takes care of that later in the day lol)

is this it?

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...BUY-PLST-0-SRCH

I looked at the one in the tube (above) and one in a pump bottle. Neither one says "non-comedogenic". They do appear to be oil free, but I am also suspicious of anything with flour in it, I just don't see how that can NOT clog pores.

I'd recommend trying something else, since it doesn't specify non-comedogenic.

It says non-comedgenic in the description Brandy. Bry is right, the lotion will cause the BP to clump. I usually put it on in the daytime and not at night so I can apply my bp. I think the stuff is awesome, doesnt make me shiny like the Eucerin does.

alright, I went back and read the full description and it does say non-comedogenic. It should be okay.

However, for the original poster, if it is causing problems, there may be something in it that simply doesn't agree with your skin.

alright, I went back and read the full description and it does say non-comedogenic. It should be okay.

However, for the original poster, if it is causing problems, there may be something in it that simply doesn't agree with your skin.

Ok... So this is what I have figured out... Im going to be using Neutrogena or Cetaphil because those seem to have worked best. I tried a different neutrogena with spf and for some reason it worked. So ill stick with that and see what happens.

Which moisturizer is it? Do you have a link? Does it say non-comedogenic on the bottle anywhere?

hey Illy,

I notice you use spectro jel....so do I ....which do you use?......I was thinking of going to cetaphil gentle cleanser because I notice no one else uses spectro......

You can see my entire regimen with products in my signature. Also, I highly suggest you stick with Spectro and don't switch to Cetaphil; Cetaphil is crap and has many iffy ingredients. Many members report Cetaphil leaving a film on their face as well, and in my experience, it can. Spectrojel is pretty much the same thing just better in every way, and cheaper.

Olayyyyyyy :dance: That's what I'm using at the moment, but gonna change to Neutrogena Oil-Free SPF15 soon - as soon as it arrives here...