Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anyone here experiencing wrinkles? I am only 17 and have a large wrinkle across my forehead which I HATE. I need any help i can get with regards to getting rid of it (i doubt thats even possible now :( )

Are you a Regimen user? Or are you just wanting information on wrinkles??

At your age, and especially if you are using things which dry your skin, wrinkles are typically just from dehydrated skin. Usually a moisturizer will help.

Don't worry...I'm sure it's not a true wrinkle! It's probaby due to the tightening and drying effects of benzoyl peroxide (I have the same problem). If you are concerned about wrinkles you could try Retin-A (or something similar such as Differin) which is prescribed for acne primarily and wrinkles as well, instead of BP. Some people have a lot of success with Retin-A for their acne, however it takes a very long time to see results. You could also just try to use more moisturizer or a less drying cleanser.

Are you a Regimen user? Or are you just wanting information on wrinkles??

At your age, and especially if you are using things which dry your skin, wrinkles are typically just from dehydrated skin. Usually a moisturizer will help.

Mhm, I am a regimen user. So MOREEE mosturizer? What are my odds its more serious. any geusses? (Im going to make an appointment with derm soon)

well, usually when people are using medications and they suddenly report a wrinkle, it's most likely from dehydrated skin, so using more moisturizer, and/or less bp in that area usually helps. Or perhaps use a better moisturizer.

there probably frown lines.. im guessing you do a lot of expressions with your forehead.. im your age and i have a few too.. it really isnt uncommon.. i see all kinds of people my age with some liens on their forehead.. wrinkles arent always caused by aging.. but by repeated expressions.

i was getting wrinkles too, so i ditched the bp. i use a tea tree oil cleanser instead, then a tea tree oil blemish stick and aloe to moisturize. i also use neosporin. I'm seeing much better results and much faster healing. it's only been about a week since the switch, but it looks promising.

Anyone here experiencing wrinkles? I am only 17 and have a large wrinkle across my forehead which I HATE. I need any help i can get with regards to getting rid of it (i doubt thats even possible now :( )

Yeah, I had wrinkles on my forehead and near the eyes due to extreme dryness and flaking. As soon as I got my dryness under control, those wrinkles disappeared (except from one that I have because I'm getting old :P).

As soon as you get you skin properly moisturized, you'll get rid of the wrinkle. However sun exposure can emphazise wrinkles, specially while on meds like BP or tretinoin. Those would take longer to fade and maybe will need something else (a potent antr-wrinkle cream). So stay away from sunlight during the regimen (or use a good sunscreen).