Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andrewski

Andrewski - Vit. B5 log

Okay, here begins the log of Andrewski, attempting to try vitamin B5, from ClearSkin Vitacure:

http://www.store.yahoo.com/vitacures/b5clearcap.html

I'll try to update this thread like every two or three days, I don't need to do it every day, because things probably won't change right away.

They say to start by taking 1-2 capsules with each meal, and slowly work your way up to 6-7 capsules with each meal ( so I took 4 capsules total today. Each capsule is 500 mg, so 20 capsules a day is 10 g, what I'm supposed to take eventually...Anyway, here goes! Wish me luck! :pray:

Day 1:

I officially started :D. four capsules total. Obviously no noticeable difference.

Good luck! I use the same thing and I have been taking 7 pills three times a day. It is the only thing that has worked for me. The most important thing is to keep it up. When your skin clears, do NOT stop taking them cos your acne will come back with a vengeance. Keep up ypur maintenance dosage like it says.

I am really hopeful for you, you should notice a big improvement in your skin! :)

Thanks man! Glad to hear it's working for someone else, too!

Day 2:

No noticeable difference, except that my face feels really dry (Any1 know of a good moisturiser to go with B5?). Also, I may be dealing with the upset stomach side-effect of the stuff. Nothing else to report.

Neutrogena visibly clear oil free moisturiser is a good moisturiser to use when you have acne and dry skin. As for the stomach upset, take the pills right before you eat your meals, this will stop it from affecting your stomach. Dry skin is a good sign that the B5 is taking effect!

Good luck! I use the same thing and I have been taking 7 pills three times a day. It is the only thing that has worked for me. The most important thing is to keep it up. When your skin clears, do NOT stop taking them cos your acne will come back with a vengeance. Keep up ypur maintenance dosage like it says.

I am really hopeful for you, you should notice a big improvement in your skin! :)

Amen to that! I used Vitacure for three months and was 100% clear but then I stopped taking it and my acne came back worse than ever! Stay with it, you should see some good results with Vitacure.

Amen to that! I used Vitacure for three months and was 100% clear but then I stopped taking it and my acne came back worse than ever! Stay with it, you should see some good results with Vitacure.

Yay for Vitacure!!!! :clap:

The B5 definitely worked for me, but I had to quit because of my dry itchy scalp, it was out of control. Can't wait to see your results!

Boy, you guys are really giving me hope, here! :D

Day 3:

Took seven capsules (3.5 grams) today. The upset stomach/digestive system thing I had yesterday didn't effect me at all today. I'm seeing a possible breakout starting to develop on both sides of my face. I'm praying it's just the initial breakout. The front of my face close to my nose is actually looking a little better! Although, that could have nothing to do with the B5. Nothing else to report.

Day 4:

Initial breakout...argh!!! I got three new whiteheads today, and a few more I think are coming. Took 9 capsules (4.5 grams) today. Skin feels EXTREMELY dry, I have to get some moisturiser. Nothing else to report.

Day 5:

Left side of my face is pretty good, actually...I think I may be seeing a slight improvement there already! The rest of my face is a different story, I think I'm experiencing the IB everywhere else...my chest, back, right side of face...argh...oh well, hopefully it will all be worth it. Took 12 pills total today (6 grams) ugh, I hate having to take this much medicine.

Day 7:

Whew! Well, I'm officially through one week! I haven't ever let up on the regimen, following it completely. Up to *ugh* 18 pills today (9 grams) I had a bit of a relapse with the upset stomach thing, but it went away and I'm allright. Face looks same as yesterday, but I think my back and chest are worse than yesterday.

Day 8:

Up to the full dosage today, all 20 pills (10 grams). No upset stomach, and my skin does not feel dry at all anymore. My chest and back are better today, the left side of my face which has improved lately, got worse today. The right side of my face is a little better. Nothing else to report

Thanks! Yeah, it is testing my patience, but some good news...today my mom actually said, "hey, Andrew, is your face getting better?" That made me feel better about my skin than I have in over a year.

Day 10:

I forgot to post yesterday, but I still took the full dosage yesterday and today. I was comparing pictures of my face before I started to now, and actually, I can truly say BOTH sides of my face look a little better! It's not much...maybe a 20% improvement, but heck, I'm only 10 days into the treatment...more time and hopefully I'll keep getting better. Chest looks a little better too today, back still looks pretty bad.

Day 13:

Missed a few days posting, but I've just been taking the full dosage as usual. No side-effects bother me at all anymore, even when I don't always take the B5 with meals. My face doesn't look that great, I've gotten like 4 new zits since I last posted...should I be worried? (If any1 reads this. lol)

Day 14:

Whew! Through two weeks! Yahoo! lol. Same dosage as usual today...face, back and chest all about the same: not that great, but I REFUSE to let acne win. hehe. That's it for today.

Day 13:

Missed a few days posting, but I've just been taking the full dosage as usual. No side-effects bother me at all anymore, even when I don't always take the B5 with meals. My face doesn't look that great, I've gotten like 4 new zits since I last posted...should I be worried? (If any1 reads this. lol)

No, you shouldn't be worried. You should have seen the state of me when I was 2 weeks into B5, I looked terrible, purging out all over the place. Keep going!!!!! Just think, 3 months from now you will be clear!!! :D

Day 16:

Took the full dose today and yesterday...skin is still about the same, maybe a little worse on the sides.

Thanks, vikster...I'll stick with it.

Day 18: (It may as well be day 8,923,040)

lol, I feel like I've been on this stuff for eternity, and it's only been 18 freakin days! Oh well. THE RIGHT SIDE OF MY FACE IS SERIOUSLY IMPROVING!!! I've gotten no new acne there in like three days now, it's still quite red, but I haven't gotten any new zits. The left side of my face is still pretty bad. Back and chest are OK. That's all for today.

Day 23:

Haven't posted in a few days...been taking the usual 10 grams per day. I honestly think my face is improving! I am not getting nearly as many zits as I used to...my biggest problem right now is redness. Hope this stuff keeps working. Chest: Okay.....Back: medium-bad.

Day 27:

Ugghh.....idunno, some parts look better, some look worse, I just can't tell anymore. Whatever, I'm just gonna stick with it.