Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
remember4

completely homemade bowel cleanse and/or liver flush

Hi guys!

I'm studying abroad in Argentina right now and don't have access to the cleansing products that you'd find at a health food store. I would, however, like to do a bowel cleanse and/or liver flush. What would you recommend? I have at my disposal fresh fruit and vegetables (but no juicer), some juices but not a huge variety, a decent variety of teas (dandelion, boldo, etc.), probiotic pills and drinks, and obviously the basics of water, salt, olive oil, etc. I've been searching and searching the forums but have not found a clear, simple plan/program.

A little background on me... I've had constipation my whole life (I'm 20) and have never found a truly effective treatment, I've been on about 4 different antibiotics in the past 2.5 years since my acne started, and I'm now eating an essentially vegan diet with very little refined carbs.

Thanks for your help!!!

You can't do a liver flush if you have constipation. My advice is, if your constipation is chronic it would probably be best to heal the gut before proceeding with cleansing. I was taking fiber shakes and eating lots of fiber, thinking it would clear up my constipation, but I had an underlying problem of a leaky gut that was probably absorbing half that shit I was putting down and not letting it through. As soon as I added L-Glutamine and Colostrum into my regimen, improvement in that area was noticed in the next few days.

After you get the constipation problems healed up, you cleanse your bowels by taking 2-3 teaspoons of whole psyllium husk mixed with a tablespoon of liquid bentonite clay, starting once a day and leading up to twice, and then thrice a day. You have to do it for atleast a couple weeks, the longer the better.

A liver flush I don't really feel like explaining out, go to curezone.com and look it up there. It involves epsom salts, olive oil, and lemon / grapefruit juice.

So, you pretty much have everything you need for a liver flush if you have olive oil and grapefruit or lemons. You will at least want something to flush out the bowels the morning after, for which you could just do a saltwater flush. You should ideally be having at least one bowel movement a day before liver flushing.

There are so many ways to bowel cleanse. There are various commercial things you can order online, such as Colonix. Not sure if that's an option for you. A basic protocol for bowel cleansing consists of a fiber shake (usually psyllium or flax) along with some type of laxative. I don't know what you have access to in terms of those things. Enemas/colonics are also options. Look at askshelley.com, under the FAQs for bowel management to see if you could implement any of the strategies listed there.

Good luck.

Yeah, I have yet to do a liver flush but from what I understand the high amonts of epsom salts are unnecessary, you can get away with using half of what the protocol advises. I'm not gonna have any problem doing the olive oil and lemon juice combo, it's just the epsoms that make me cringe every time.

For the Salt Water Flush, I would have to use unrefined Celtic Sea Salt or something similar, correct?

I'm planning on doing a liver flush by the end of the week since by bowel problems have now been fixed + I've been taking P&B shakes.

Yeah, I have yet to do a liver flush but from what I understand the high amonts of epsom salts are unnecessary, you can get away with using half of what the protocol advises. I'm not gonna have any problem doing the olive oil and lemon juice combo, it's just the epsoms that make me cringe every time.

For the Salt Water Flush, I would have to use unrefined Celtic Sea Salt or something similar, correct?

I'm planning on doing a liver flush by the end of the week since by bowel problems have now been fixed + I've been taking P&B shakes.

Yep, just use some sea salt and you're good to go.

I have leaky gut...

wondering about L-Glutamine and Colostrum

this helped you a lot?

what doses did u take, how did you take it....?

They both helped me, almost immediately. Constipation is a thing of the past for me now. I started out taking 2 tablets of Vital Nutrients GI Repair (which has the L-Glutamine in it), twice a day on an empty stomach. The next day after doing alot of research on Colostrum, I added that in to the 2 pills twice a day regime. It hasn't even been two weeks since I started doing this and my symptoms are fast disappearing. I think the treatment of leaky gut goes largely unnoticed for people with candida, and because it's left to heal on it's own without the use of these supplements it often takes people a lot longer to heal their candida.