Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I went to the dermatologist today for the very first time. I had to take the day off of work for it. I never call in sick, so it wasn't really a big deal. The only reason I did call in sick was because it's really tight to get an appointment, hes like the only derm around where I live.

The appointment went okay. He put my dosage of accutane to 80mg, instead of 20mg. I just have to wait for blood work to get back untill I get start the new dosage.

He told me about laroche-posay products. He sells them in his office. www.laroche-posay.com. I purchased the moisturizer, cleanser and this lip balm stuff, because my lip are the driest part of my body. The total came to $50. I'm willing to pay anything when it comes to my skin. I've already spent literally $1000's on my skin. So whats another $50.

As soon as I came home from the derm, I went and had a shower using my new products. I used the cleanser in the shower, omg!! it feels amazing. It doesn't feel sticky or anything. My skin actually felt really clean. No cleanser I have bought has made my skin feel this way before. After I cleansed I applied the mosturizer, omg it feels GREAT! i'm really happy....as for the lip balm not too sure yet, i'm going to wait untill my lips are really dry to use it.

The derm was very nice, really informative, I felt really comfortable with him. The only thing is I went there with no make-up on, so I felt kinda shy about my skin, but I guess he sees all different types of skin, even worse then mine. No one looked at me weird when I was on the bus or anything.

I got a phone call like an hour ago. My blood work didn't come out very good, so I have to go again. I'm going to go tomorrow, that way I can go on 80mg asap. I'll go when I'm done work. I have to fast for 14 hours, it's going to be hard to work on an empty stomach, but oh well i'd rather be a little hungry, then have pimples

Heres a pic of my skin before starting 80mg, so you all get an idea: [attachmentid=4157]

I do have some foundation on, but you can still see it.

post-38857-1144698879_thumb.jpg

post-38857-1144698879_thumb.jpg

I got a phone call like an hour ago. My blood work didn't come out very good, so I have to go again.

Did you fast before your blood test? You have to fast for about 10 hours prior to the test, otherwise you results will be off.

What do u mean you went to the derm for the very first time? How did u get the accutane to begin with?

I got the dose from my family doctor the first time b/c the derm was totally booked.

I'm on 80mg because i'm 175lbs

I fasted the first time I went for blood work, the results were still foggy for some reason

Hi Crytal,

Good luck, I'm sure 80mg will have a really positive outcome on the progress of your skin. And your skin really isn't that bad, even with make-up on, seriously.