Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

please help..i dunno what to use

i have been usin neo for 4 days..idont see much happening there,

and i herd good stuff about the oil but i herd a few got break outs...im worried about breaking out cuz im goin on holiday in 3 weeks

should i stick to neo????my acne isnt bad i get a few pimples from stress and period but i do have scars and blotchiness

thanks alot:)

Neither of those is really meant to fight acne and I highly doubt either will improve your condition. I like Jojoba oil to help keep my skin from getting dry, and Polysporin (like Neosporin) for treating popped pimples.

it says its good for acne and scars

i found this on a site

Benefit Jojoba Oil

Benefits of jojoba oil are many:

Penetrates skin and hair follices rapidly to reduce water loss

Reduce wrinkles and stretch marks

Cleans clogged pores and restores skin's natural pH balance

Lighten skin marks and scars

Pure jojoba oil is hypoallergenic

Forms a good base for shampoos, conditioners and suntan lotions

Used to treat eye and throat infections

Jojoba oil is a natural moisturizer and conditioner for the hair since it's structure is similar to the natural oil produced by the sebaceous glands in the scalp. Regular application of jojoba oil products can go a long way in tackling tangles, split ends and dry hair. A light coating of jojoba oil on the hair keeps it shiny and glossy. Jojoba oil penetrates the hair shaft to loosen and dissolve sebum build-up. Thus the scalp and hair follicles are cleansed and function normally. This can arrest hair fall.

Useful in treating acne, eczema and other skin disorders, Jojoba is also rich in certain proteins and minerals that are known to support balanced brain and pituitary functioning. Natural jojoba oil forms a thin non-greasy lipoid layer on the skin and helps soften it. Use it to fight fine lines and skin roughness. In fact jojoba oil works well for women with acne too. It helps reinforce the epidermis and heals flareups. A mild massage of jojoba oil can reduce epidermal water loss and keep the skin plump and healthy. In this way, you can keep wrinkles at bay. Since it blends well with the natural sebum of the skin, jojoba oil may be effective in curbing over production of sebum - a condition that occurs in oily skins that are prone to acne. Thus it balances the sebum levels in the skin. The anti-bacterial properties inhibit growth of acne-causing bacteria. Jojoba oil is often used as a massage oil since it gently unclogs blocked pores and lifts off grime and imbedded impurities. In such cases it is blended with grape seed oil or almond oil. It's antioxidant benefits have made jojoba oil a popular bath oil too. Prepare a herbal oil blend with ¾ cup jojoba oil, ½ tsp each of rose, lavender and geranium oils. Mix these oils together and stored in a tightly sealed bottle in a cool place.

If you're really set on it, I won't be able to dissuade you, but I'm telling you: Jojoba oil alone won't make any significant improvements in your acne, and the same goes for Neosporin.

Neo isn't meant for long term use.

It's always hard to tell with what people say. People may say that jojoba oil breaks them out but who knows, maybe they were about to break out regardless. From my own experience, my face hasn't broken out since starting with jojoba (about a month ago perhaps) and my skin texture and tone is improving greatly..

How do you guys use the jojoba oil? I have it & used it once. I slept with it on. Not sure if that's how I had to do it?

It's always hard to tell with what people say. People may say that jojoba oil breaks them out but who knows, maybe they were about to break out regardless. From my own experience, my face hasn't broken out since starting with jojoba (about a month ago perhaps) and my skin texture and tone is improving greatly..

thanks for the info...i guess your right..pehaps those proplr where about to break out...i hope..i really dont want to break out for my vacation lol

is applying it just at night just as effective rather morning? cuz i do want my sunscreen

thanks for the info...i guess your right..pehaps those proplr where about to break out...i hope..i really dont want to break out for my vacation lol

is applying it just at night just as effective rather morning? cuz i do want my sunscreen

I don't know... I use it twice a day instead of a moisturizer - once in the morning after washing and once before bed after washing... Just a couple drops massaged gently onto damp face. It absorbs and doesn't leave you shiny. I find it's even ok under makeup...maybe it's also ok under sunscreen..? But if you're nervous maybe just using at night is fine. It's not an exact science! lol :D