Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ttchic07

Need help... on reg for 200 days

I have been on the reg for 200 days tomorrow. I really wanted to decrese the amount to as low as I could. I have been using about 1/2 a finger for like 2 weeks now, before that I was using a finger of OTS. I have been getting some clogged pores. I had some before that, but in the past few days i have gotten 2 more. THis worries me a lot because I dont want to start breaking out again. I still have redmarks, but other than that I dont have any pimples and these clogged pores you cant see just feel. I havent had to worry about my face in a while and now Im getting pretty worried. I am also getting clogged pores, like the kind you can kinda scratch off on my nose and forehead, which have never broken out before. I use purpose bar soap, OTS BP and then Complex 15 moisturizer. THe only thing I can think of is that the bar soap is too drying of something. Any suggestions would mean a lot to me! Thanks!

But it just seems liek since the rest of me is breaking out too, my nose and forehead, where I dont do anything except wash, then that must be something to do with it. Hmm maybe Ill switch to the liquid purpose and then go back to 1 finger of BP.

Have you considered using green cream (or some other type of high potency retinol product) along with BP? Maybe use one in the morning and one in the afternoon. I hear that green cream is good for clogged pores and BP could prevent new break outs.

use hot water or use a towel with hotwater and put it around your face keep those pores open! continue dans regimen and use the recommended products

Hi -

I have recently developed a similar problems of blocked pores on the forehead and nose area - something that never happened to me before either. I stopped using hair products near my forehead and try to keep my hair off my face as much as possible - this has helped quite a lot. I also had a professional facial done, which cleared up the blocked pores really well - I think this would have to be done regularly to maintain though.

I've also had some success with drying up the blocked pores with Queen Helene's Mint Julep mask (I'm just spot treating with this). It takes a few nights to work, but it seems to be pretty effective. Also, gentle exfoliation with a washcloth or using salicylic acid may help. I'm considering adding a retinol product as well.

I have also been advised by the Kaiser medical practitioner who did my laser surgery NOT to use hot water to wash my face - it can really damage your skin and make you more prone to developing problems like spider veins ("broken" capillaries) in the facial area. She recommended washing with lukewarm or cool water. She indicated that hot showers can also be damaging to your skin (but I can't yet bring myself to take a lukewarm shower!)

Thanks everyone. I just got back from Walgreens and got the gentle Cetaphil cleanser, which should be more moisturizing than the purpose. I am going to give that a go on my nose and forehead for like a week to make sure it wont break me out more, before i put it on the rest of my face.