Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello everyone,

I'm new here! I'm a 34 year old acne sufferer. The severity changes all the time, my acne seems to cycle. It will respond to different treatements for a period of time. I've done accutane 2X and every antiboitic you can think of. I would say my acne is mild at the time with a lot of red marks left behind. Just to give a little info. about myself.

I have a question about Jojoba oil??? I read on this board about how well it moisturizes your skin on BP. I started Retin-A again a lilttle over a week ago. I've been using Jojoba oil on my face after I wash, about an hour before applying Retin-A. I have not had any irritation or dryness because of doing it this way. I've had a lot of problems with irritation on Retin-A in the past and never stuck with it.

Do you think this okay or would it be messing up the effectiveness??? Any suggestions would be appreciated. I know I should consult with my derm., but I'm not sure he even knows much about Jojoba Oil. He seems really old school.

Hello everyone,

I'm new here! I'm a 34 year old acne sufferer. The severity changes all the time, my acne seems to cycle. It will respond to different treatements for a period of time. I've done accutane 2X and every antiboitic you can think of. I would say my acne is mild at the time with a lot of red marks left behind. Just to give a little info. about myself.

I have a question about Jojoba oil??? I read on this board about how well it moisturizes your skin on BP. I started Retin-A again a lilttle over a week ago. I've been using Jojoba oil on my face after I wash, about an hour before applying Retin-A. I have not had any irritation or dryness because of doing it this way. I've had a lot of problems with irritation on Retin-A in the past and never stuck with it.

Do you think this okay or would it be messing up the effectiveness??? Any suggestions would be appreciated. I know I should consult with my derm., but I'm not sure he even knows much about Jojoba Oil. He seems really old school.

it is totally fine to use them in conjunction...they do not contraindicate. Some ppl can actually ween themselves off of retin-a with jojoba oil...just monitor your skins response though.

I would not put jojoba oil on your face before retin a. Retin a is pretty sensitive stuff. Anything on your face before using it CAN interfer with its mode of action. The best things to do is wash your face, and then use retin a afterwards, then in the morning after washing again use jojoba oil.

To the person who reponded: Where did you get this information that some people can "ween" themselves off of retin a with jojoba oil? I take it that you mean jojoba oil can take retin a's place? If that is what you mean maybe you should not respond to questions like these because that isn't true as their modes of actions are not the same in the least (if jojoba oil has ANY mode of action at all minus a good moisturizer!) ;)