Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hobbo

liver flush done good

suffered from acne since 14-15 and im now 22,i had moderate acne that could be helped with anit bioctics but never completely clear my skin,anyway i wanted to improve my skin even more and tried many things of here and have had good succes with zinc,i take 75 mg a day and that really improved my face though i would still get afew spots and sometimes break out,especially if i have been eating loads of rubbish

i decided to do a liver flush,it was a horrible thing to do but well worth it and ill do it again in the future,i got plenty of stones out of my liver and since the flush my skin has been great,i had a couple of spots in the week or so after the flush but nothing since(4 weeks) and i mean nothing(touch wood),ive been eating loads of rubbish etc and never breaking out,not even 1 spot

well happy,obviously this will not cure everybody but has certainly helped me big time and im worrying less and less about acne

you should give zinc a try and the liver flush is must.

cheers

Great. I did my first one about 2 weeks ago and my skin cleared a little. Prior, my back shoulders were sorta breaking out ( I was getting knee surgery so maybe the stress caused it) but after the flush I saw some good results. Can't wait to do more, although I hate fasting.

Betta watch out...the antis will claim it's all in your head! ;):D:lol:

You know, Denise, everybody nowadays is aware of the "placebo effect", and what a difference it can make. If even something as easy and innocuous as swallowing a tiny little fake sugar pill can frequently produce significant results in the placebo arm of a double-blind clinical trial, can you even IMAGINE what a powerful placebo effect you could probably get by doing something as harsh and wrenching as a so-called "liver flush"?? My god, forcing yourself to go through that experience must be something akin to a religious experience! :D And you wonder how some people could only THINK their acne gets a little better afterwards? ;)

Bryan

You know, Denise, everybody nowadays is aware of the "placebo effect", and what a difference it can make. If even something as easy and innocuous as swallowing a tiny little fake sugar pill can frequently produce significant results in the placebo arm of a double-blind clinical trial, can you even IMAGINE what a powerful placebo effect you could probably get by doing something as harsh and wrenching as a so-called "liver flush"?? My god, forcing yourself to go through that experience must be something akin to a religious experience! :D And you wonder how some people could only THINK their acne gets a little better afterwards? ;)

Bryan

What, exactly, is so harsh about a liver flush? I never understood that.

I drink a little olive oil with grapefruit juice (kinda tastes good) at night (maybe some epsom salts prior), then in the morning I do a saltwater flush. No nausuea, no vomiting. It's pretty simple and easy.

But, I suppose, for someone who hasn't done one before, it is easy to judge from a distance that it is "harsh and wrenching". I thought the same way, putting off trying it out for a long time. Then I performed one and was surprised that it wasn't a big deal at all.

Bryan

People are smart enough to know if their acne has improved. Unless you think people are idiots....after all, why doesn't the "placebo effect" take place when people are on antibiotics...topicals....b-5....or the mother of ALL ACNE CURES; ACCUTANE?

"Harsh and wrenching"...... :rolleyes: Never was a problem for me except when I took a bunch of epsom salts. Otherwise, they are very easy to do.

People will keep getting clear, no matter what your opinion is on liverflushing. You can keep telling yourself it's some kind of placebo effect, who cares? I don't. Neither do others who are clear now.

Awesome! :) Liver flushes are really helping my skin, too.

Mine too. I just finished my fourth this past weekend.

Bryan - if you actually HAD (adult) acne, you might know what it's like and why we do the things we do. I don't even get why you're here. This board is about as "unscientific" as it gets...obviously not your cup of tea. It baffles me that you're even here in the first place, but what I really don't understand is why you feel the need to mock us too. Rude.

i did the dr hulda clarks method of liver flush,i got plenty of stones out.

anyone who does'nt believe natural method's work are crazy,there are plenty of

ways to improve your skin big time ,you just have to experiment.

i think the liver flush is a good start though,it was'nt that harsh,i just felt sick drinking the olive oil

and rough as hell in the morning but i have improved my skin to point where im getting no spots

so it was more than worth it

im not saying the liver flush is the only thing that has caused this,like i said im also on high dose of zinc and afew other vitamins,i also wash in a acne wash with 2% sa in it.

ive had acne long enough and tried plenty of things to know that the liver flush did very well for me.

surely having all them stones out of your liver must benifit your body alot.

Good for you Hobbo,

I'd keep doing them every 2-4 weeks until you stop passing stones.

People are smart enough to know if their acne has improved.

That's not quite what I meant. I assumed it was obvious from the context of what I said that not only do I think that some people only THINK their acne has improved, it's also possible that others actually DO improve a bit, thanks to that placebo effect. Because of that obvious psychic component of acne (we've all heard of the opposite situation, where a hapless teenager gets a terrible zit on the night of the big prom, probably from stress hormones), it doesn't seem all that implausible to me that someone could feel so empowered and confident after performing this rather potent and visceral procedure of "liver-flushing", that their acne actually does improve, at least temporarily. It's probably a mental thing, just like the teenager before the big prom...the "liver-flusher" feels like he's finally doing something POWERFUL, and he's relaxed and soothed and confident enough that his body actually responds favorably.

Unless you think people are idiots....after all, why doesn't the "placebo effect" take place when people are on antibiotics...topicals....b-5....or the mother of ALL ACNE CURES; ACCUTANE?

Huh?? But I _do_ think that the placebo effect is responsible for a certain fraction of the positive response to those therapies, so I don't see that you have any point to make here. Keep in mind that not EVERYBODY experiences a placebo effect, whether they're getting real medicine or fake medicine.

"Harsh and wrenching"...... :rolleyes: Never was a problem for me except when I took a bunch of epsom salts. Otherwise, they are very easy to do.

Some of the experiences I've read could be described that way, although you seem to be perfectly used to it by now! :)

Bryan

Bryan - if you actually HAD (adult) acne, you might know what it's like and why we do the things we do.

As I indicated in a previous post, the acne I had as a teenager and young adult was probably worse than what 90% of the rest of you have, so don't think that I don't know what all of you are going through.

I don't even get why you're here. This board is about as "unscientific" as it gets...obviously not your cup of tea. It baffles me that you're even here in the first place, but what I really don't understand is why you feel the need to mock us too. Rude.

I'm going to be perfectly honest with you: I was invited to come here by another poster (best left unnamed! :) ) about a year or two ago, and I've stayed on longer than I expected because there are certain interesting parallels between acne and another skin condition which I'm more directly interested in at this stage of my life: male pattern balding.

Also, I've been appalled at the misinformation that gets bandied about here fairly regularly, so I can't resist replying to what I consider to be the more interesting and controversial issues which come up. This is the first time in a pretty long time that I've said anything about "liver-flushing", so you needn't feel like I'm picking on any of you in this thread!

Bryan

Bryan, listening to the $h.it coming out of your mouth seems to be the only harsh and gut wrenching flush on this thread.

The placebo effect is very real.

However, you are stepping waaay over the line with your own speculation as to what you think is going on with these people.

Just another $hittie ass opinion to throw on the pile.

Your speculation is the perfect example of the placebo effect.

Its just empty and hollow speculation, but I'm sure over time, you now actually think you know what your talking about.

Amazing! :doh:

I'm sure you mean well.....but it's not coming across that way.

Anyways :whistle:

Congrats Hobbo.

Who has the directions for the liver flush? I have seen so many different ways but I am curious as to which to pick, I KNOW that I do NOT want to do one that involves a Coffee Filled enema, no thanks.

Who has the directions for the liver flush? I have seen so many different ways but I am curious as to which to pick, I KNOW that I do NOT want to do one that involves a Coffee Filled enema, no thanks.

I've posted the exact procedure I use on here before...... I think it's close to the one at www.askshelley.com.

I like how you people will stone the messenger of reason. Bryan is stating documented facts about the nature of placebo effects, and you all flame him needlessly for it. Shame on you.

Until one reliable study comes out and states the efficacy of the liver flush, I remain healthily skeptical. Oh no, another conspiracy of the evil pharmaceutical industry!

I like how you people will stone the messenger of reason. Bryan is stating documented facts about the nature of placebo effects, and you all flame him needlessly for it. Shame on you.

Until one reliable study comes out and states the efficacy of the liver flush, I remain healthily skeptical. Oh no, another conspiracy of the evil pharmaceutical industry!

More stoning to come. Stay tuned.