Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xkissmexquick

does headNshoulders really work??

I only used it for 2 days and it gave me an acne like rash on my neck and chest, so I panicked and quit. Maybe it will help for others and don't really know if you "purge" like with some other things you try, you know gets worse before better.

I only used it for 2 days and it gave me an acne like rash on my neck and chest, so I panicked and quit. Maybe it will help for others and don't really know if you "purge" like with some other things you try, you know gets worse before better.

really, sorry about that. from day one i started the shampoo i didn't noticed any rash or purge in my acne. What kind did you use?? make sure you use the classic without any conditioner. And make sure you rinse your face clean without any shampoo residue left.

I just finished washing my face with Head & Shoulders Sensitive Care Shampoo (moisturizing one with aloe) for the first time and immediatly after drying my face, I saw a difference. My skin was softer, cleaner, less irritated/redness, it just feels nice. I got a very good feeling that this is gonna make my skin not only healthy but blemish free.

By the way, the active ingredient pyrithione zinc is a:

Antiseborrheic

Definition

A substance that controls the excessive secretion of sebum, and reduces oiliness of the face and greasy scalp, a condition that is most common in adolescents.

I love this stuff! I highly recommend it!

I wonder if using something higher than 1% pyrithione zinc would heal my face a little faster? Hmm.

*update*

I found soap online called DermaZinc.

http://www.aragonproducts.com/theproducts....=6509&owner=694

It has 2% pyrithione zinc along with other soothing oils. I might try this!

I used the classic clean without conditioner and maybe its just me, so good luck to all who try it.

I just finished washing my face with Head & Shoulders Sensitive Care Shampoo (moisturizing one with aloe) for the first time and immediatly after drying my face, I saw a difference. My skin was softer, cleaner, less irritated/redness, it just feels nice. I got a very good feeling that this is gonna make my skin not only healthy but blemish free.

By the way, the active ingredient pyrithione zinc is a:

Antiseborrheic

Definition

A substance that controls the excessive secretion of sebum, and reduces oiliness of the face and greasy scalp, a condition that is most common in adolescents.

I love this stuff! I highly recommend it!

I wonder if using something higher than 1% pyrithione zinc would heal my face a little faster? Hmm.

*update*

I found soap online called DermaZinc.

http://www.aragonproducts.com/theproducts....=6509&owner=694

It has 2% pyrithione zinc along with other soothing oils. I might try this!

lokk on the other thread about head and shoulders I found a site that had a facial wash that was oil free and ph balanced with 2%.

it didnt work for me, i got the same rash thing that other poster was saying. it was clear at first, and i thought it worked however a few hours later, it was red and looked irritated. initially felt fine, but then again i might be using the wrong one. no classic clean here in australia, only silk and smooth.

it didnt work for me, i got the same rash thing that other poster was saying. it was clear at first, and i thought it worked however a few hours later, it was red and looked irritated. initially felt fine, but then again i might be using the wrong one. no classic clean here in australia, only silk and smooth.

you guys might be reacting to the detergents in the shampoo. the sulfates.

Head and Shoulders is a Selenium based product is it not? Selenium has been known to help clear up acne...

Head and Shoulders is a Selenium based product is it not? Selenium has been known to help clear up acne...

no zinc based.

A long time ago I used to use Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo to wash my face. This was when I was around 19 or 20. I don't even remember how I discovered it, but my acne was not that bad then anyhow. It kept my skin incredibly clear, though. I wouldn't dare do it now because my skin has become more and more sensitive as I have gotten older (I'm almost 30) and if I used Suave on my hair it would probably fall out. But, then...it worked so well it was all I used on my face for a long time.

In those days I didn't even moisturize.

I used Head and Shoulders on my chest acne and its gone down loads!!!! :clap:

mine too. I ordered deramdoctors born to be mild to try on my face (just out of curiousity) head and shoulders is working great.

Just buy it mate its not exactly expensive and if it doesn't work for you then just use it to wash your hair with, simple! 2nd Day for me, back and chest acne gone down alot whihc im chuffed at, my pimples seem to be ridding themselfs of the puss inside by themselfs which i find rather cool. Give it a few more days and i think ill start to see results.

So is there like any place i can get a free sample of head N shoulders classic clean?!?!?!!?

most drug stores even some dollar stores have it in their trial section for $1 or less.

any updates using this on ur face??? It totally cleared my body acne but im still skeptical of using it on my face.... is using bp and aloe afterwards ok?

any updates using this on ur face??? It totally cleared my body acne but im still skeptical of using it on my face.... is using bp and aloe afterwards ok?

I found it to be too drying on my face, it made me all dry and flakey. But I am still using it as a back and chest wash. It doesnt dry me out there for some reason.