Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest tvirus_outbreak

OMG HELP! Urgent opinions needed!

Guest tvirus_outbreak

Hey everyone. As you may have heard from one of my recent posts I got badly sunburnt. The blisters on my chin reduced to scabs, but the edges of the scabs began to peel off so I pulled off the scabs. Now my chin is red because there was red skin underneath my scabs. Please I need your opinion, will this red skin heal back to my normal skin colour or am I going to be stuck with this for years to come? If I am stuck with this, what should I do? I feel so very bad about this. Should I get dermabrassion or something like that? I just can't live with a red chin for more than a week!

Your skin is still sunburnt, so getting dermabrasion or scrubbing it wouldn't help, in fact it'd make it worse..

The red marks on your chin will heal back to your skin colour, trust me. Speed up the process by icing the redness and applying aloe vera gel, that'll help your skin to heal.. take a break from any cleansing/bp gel etc etc. your skin probably needs a break right now.

In a week, it'll be back to normal, and then when it has all healed etc, (which it will) make sure you're using a really gentle facewash. Use 2.5% BP gel. Always put on sunscreen when you're outside.. Apply moisturizer every day

BTW I'm glad you stopped the proactiv :) (you did, right?)

Your skin is still sunburnt, so getting dermabrasion or scrubbing it wouldn't help, in fact it'd make it worse..

The red marks on your chin will heal back to your skin colour, trust me. Speed up the process by icing the redness and applying aloe vera gel, that'll help your skin to heal.. take a break from any cleansing/bp gel etc etc. your skin probably needs a break right now.

In a week, it'll be back to normal, and then when it has all healed etc, (which it will) make sure you're using a really gentle facewash. Use 2.5% BP gel. Always put on sunscreen when you're outside.. Apply moisturizer every day

BTW I'm glad you stopped the proactiv :) (you did, right?)

Yep I agree, it will go back to normal just be careful not to irritate it too much by using BP etc. for now stick with the aloe vera! :)

Guest tvirus_outbreak

Three days of using aloe vera and manuka money, and my skin seems to be getting better. Even though it's been three days, I have started proactiv again because I'm getting more breakouts. Although I've cancelled the proactiv, I still have one kit remaining and I plan to finish using that before I start my new regimen. It's okay to be using proactiv after three days isn't it? My skin is still healing, but it seems to be a lot better and I think it can tolerate the proactiv.

Three days of using aloe vera and manuka money, and my skin seems to be getting better. Even though it's been three days, I have started proactiv again because I'm getting more breakouts. Although I've cancelled the proactiv, I still have one kit remaining and I plan to finish using that before I start my new regimen. It's okay to be using proactiv after three days isn't it? My skin is still healing, but it seems to be a lot better and I think it can tolerate the proactiv.

please don't i had almost the same thing you did and i used proactiv also. when my skin was still healing the granules in the wash and ingredients in the lotion eventually made everything worse. if you need to stop breakouts use dove soap that is unscented and continue with neosporin, aloe vera gel, honey and if you need to SPOT TREAT until your face is done totally healing. please dont do the same thing i did.

Guest tvirus_outbreak

Actually for some reason the proactiv seems to be helping it heal and it is reducing the redness. I guess it's because some of the redness on my chin was caused by some pimples that I have there at the moment and the proactiv seems to be getting rid of them.

If you don't mind me asking, why did you cancel proactiv?

I'm on it now and getting pretty good results, but the more i read and the more people on here tell me, it makes me question whether i should stick with it or not.

Guest tvirus_outbreak

Because it was way too expensive and I had to change my order to every month because I find the bottles aren't big enough to last 2 months let alone 3. I'm pretty sure there are also cheaper acne treatments that are maybe even better than proactiv that I can buy at the store.