Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
guitarz_skin

If you do a peel and do at home microdermabrasion.

I have a skin condition called Seborrheic Dermatitis, combined with acne (mild now) and scarring I'm desperately trying to remedy.. but will settle for a reduction in redness.

I use an at home microdermabrasion (Epidermx) to exfoliate which is so needed when you have seborrhea, which causes dead skin and flaking on your face all the time.

I want to add in a lactic acid peel.. probably a weak one at first (30%) since it will be my first time using one.

I know these won't have too much effect on scarring, but can on skin tone and redness..

I like to do the Epidermx 2-3 times a week...

When should I rotate in a peel?

The 30% lactic peel says you can do it once a week.

Should I rotate a week of doing a peel. Then the next week 2 microdermabrasion (Epidermx). Then the next week 1 peel?

What are your thoughts?

I'm just confused as to how I incorporate both of them together to improve the appearance of my skin tone and facial redness and flaky skin.

Experts out there, help?! I know that these won't do much for scarring (so please don't just say that).

Just to get to the point, I'm just wondering how long you should wait after you do microdermabrasion (Epidermx) before doing a lactic acid (30%) peel and vice versa?

You guys are the best... I thank each and every one of you that responds to this thread or takes the time to read it.

I don't know exactly how your microderm works but I used to do mine once a week on average. I assume you could do any of them (micro, peel, micro) with 5-7 days inbetween? I think you know your skin best so just do the peel and see how your skin feels after 5-7 day. If it's too sensitive wait some more.

How often is the peel done?