Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well I think I have milia. These tiny little colorless bumps, sometimes they are soft and sometimes they are hard. I am addicted to picking at the hard ones. I know I shouldn't do it, but I want them gone! I've tried exfoliating...besides, exfoliating usually makes me break out since my skin is sooo sensitive. the only thing that gets rid of them is picking which leaves an ugly hole and the soft ones i can do nothing about...

A good amount of 2.5% BP used one or two times daily will help get rid of them. That is the only thing that works for me.

Surgical extraction.......

oh great. bp to dry up my face and make me break out more...

You need a huge dose of willpower and self control! I have them on my chin and I must confess I have involuntary picking sessions at them! But if you look at them, they're not noticeable are they. Best just to leave them well alone. I haven't found a way to get rid of them yet, so I just don't touch them, cos if I do I just make them noticeable, which is something I can do without!

Be strong, don't pick!!! :)

Try a moisturiser with AHA (alpha hydroxy acid) if your skin's really sensitive try every second day instead of every day, it's a gentle exfoliator. Might help, but I don't know how sensitive your skin is, if it really stings, don't use it.. and try aloe vera gel to heal your skin?

I dunno, just a suggestion, might not be for you though, but you could try it if you havent yet? :)

i have had really bad milia on my forehead for a long time, like hundreds of the bumps, honestly a little bit of bp gets rid of it, don't use alot and you should be ok.

Milia are white, not flesh colored. It doesn't sound like you have milia.

Milia never go away unless surgically extracted....I've had mine for over a decade. If Bp or AHA's clear them up they are not milia they are whiteheads, just clogged pores....

Milia are tiny cysts filled with keratin that do not occur in a pore, but rather between layers of keratinocytes of the epidermis......they need to be removed by making an incision in the epidermis and extracting them through the insision......they have no way to exit the skin....unless you pick compusively....you might just get one out....and get a nice scar to go with it......then in a few weeks it'll just grow back.....

Have fun....

Seems like a lot of people on this board think they have milia, when they actually have closed comedones.

I had zillions of closed comedones on my face last fall ... little flesh-colored bumps, both hard and soft. A dedicated regimen of topical retinoids and gentle exfoliation has FINALLY gotten rid of the last of them! :dance:

I'm still not sure what mine are to be honest, I'm going to get some product with BP in and see how it goes.