Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi.. id reccomend proactiv to anyone who has pretty strong skin and isnt in the sun too much.. it works so well but it makes your skin very sensitive. I went up for a holliday at my beach house and my face got a chemical burn from swimming in the chlorine after using proactiv. I had to go to the hospital and get cream that I had to apply every 60 hours. I loved the cream though.. it like perfected my tone.. lol but moving on I would recomend it for occasional use not frequent and be slow on the benzoyl.

Guest tvirus_outbreak

My mum recently cancelled proactiv. It is too expensive and it made my skin extremely vulnerable to sunburn. It seems to strip your skin of natural oils that it needs to protect you from certain elements such as the sun's rays. I am going to use up the remainder of my last package (taking special care about going into the sun) and then I will start Dan's Regimen (slightly modified to suit my needs).

This will be my new regimen:

Morning

Wash with Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Apply Benzac Water Based Acne Cream (5% BP)

Apply Vegesorb Moisturiser/Sorbolene

Night

Wash with Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

Apply Retin-A

Apply Vegesorb Moisturiser/Sorbolene

Hi.. id reccomend proactiv to anyone who has pretty strong skin and isnt in the sun too much.. it works so well but it makes your skin very sensitive. I went up for a holliday at my beach house and my face got a chemical burn from swimming in the chlorine after using proactiv. I had to go to the hospital and get cream that I had to apply every 60 hours. I loved the cream though.. it like perfected my tone.. lol but moving on I would recomend it for occasional use not frequent and be slow on the benzoyl.

ProActiv really didn't work for me. In fact I think I'm still recovering from what it did to my face 6 months later. Glad to hear it worked for you though.

Apparently they pay those celebrities like MILLIONS of dollars to endorse ProActiv. I doubt they even use it.

proactiv is all about how you use it! be careful about washing (i use a differnet cleanser than they gave me) but proactiv can be quite good at getting rid of hyperpigmentation left after the pimples are gone.

ProActiv really didn't work for me. In fact I think I'm still recovering from what it did to my face 6 months later. Glad to hear it worked for you though.

Apparently they pay those celebrities like MILLIONS of dollars to endorse ProActiv. I doubt they even use it.

In fact P. Diddy is actually sueing proactiv for making his skin worse!! :lol:

Guest tvirus_outbreak

If he's sueing them why did he endorse it?

In fact P. Diddy is actually sueing proactiv for making his skin worse!! :lol:

Diddy Proactiv Lawsuit A Hoax

Thursday, April 06, 2006

SoHipHop pulled off a pretty good April Fool's prank, circulating a story about Diddy suing the makers of acne treatment Proactiv because the product left him with bumpy skin. The story was a hoax; "Diddy has been using the skin care product for years and will continue to endorse Proactiv in the future," says a rep for the company.

Hi! I have been using ProActiv for 2 months (I had mild acne) and it cleared my face up so amazingly! I get about 3 pimples per month now (usually forehead/chin area), and the little acne scars on my cheeks are fading quickly.

-Erin <3