Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Testosterone

The way I feel about my acne/redspots

I mean I do have mild acne and mild redmarks and I do admit that. You guys say I stress over nothing BUT, here's the thing, even when I'm alone I get real depressed about it and turn all the lights off, my right side is a bit worse so I sit on the right of people so they can't see the right side and see my left, it's nuts. I keep my head down 24-7.

I never have a girlfriend and it's not because they don't like me or anything, they are always admiring me at school and about 50% of chicks in grade 9 do fancy me of my looks, like I said it's just MYSELF that brings me down not other people, no one ever makes fun of me or ANYTHING. It's all ME!

What the fuck can I do? Thanks.

thats tough man, they way to get over this is to do what you hate.

for me this owuld mean hanging out with mates at clubs and stuff, im totally scared of that stuff.

you have to face your worries, avoiding them reinforces that negative thinking.

don't switch off the lights, don't hide away, do the opposite of everything your anxiety is telling you to do.

thats tough man, they way to get over this is to do what you hate.

for me this owuld mean hanging out with mates at clubs and stuff, im totally scared of that stuff.

you have to face your worries, avoiding them reinforces that negative thinking.

don't switch off the lights, don't hide away, do the opposite of everything your anxiety is telling you to do.

Yea I agree, I think that if you really think the problem is yourself then the only way to get over it is to do the opposite of what your anxiety is saying to- don't let it win!!!! :)

You clearly have a grasp on what is going on. You're a step ahead of all the rest who have the same problem. Use this to your advantage and start to work on it. Like, try to go all day without putting your head down when you walk. Go talk to those girls. Embrace yourself! Carpe Diem! You have to choose to life the life you are. Only you can choose one that you want to live.

I suggest you do what my older brother did as a teenager with acne: throw yourself into a sport like running track or cross country or soccer. Whatever you do, find an outlet for your pent-up negative energy, and surround yourself with guys, not girls. Girls will put you on the defensive and make you too self-conscious, whereas guys really don't care. Also, the nerd in me suggests you devote as much time as you can to studying anytime you find yourself wanting to spend time away from people. That way, you can begin to associate your alone time with productivity, and not inward, negative reflection. :D

Iam just like you John617. I am scared of my face. I dont recognize it with those scars. Iam going to talkt to a psychologist and try to get some happy-pills to fade my bad thoughts away. I see no other way out that doing that. Its always a matter of time till you get used to your problem, sometimes this can be daytime or even lifetime.