Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Healtysceptic

Something we can all feel good about

I was just reading this article on the net about about High Def. TV and came across this quote

"High definition has lifted the veil on the glamour industry, he said, noting that Brad Pitt is among handsome leading men who suffer in HD.

"He's a really good example of somebody the Hollywood glamour machine decided would be a sex symbol," Swann said. "But when you see him in high definition, you see all these pockmarks in his cheeks and he looks like an entirely different person -- and you go, 'Wow, is that Brad Pitt?

The guy who made the comment is a TV Exec. noting how Brads Pitts skin looks in real life, as High Def TV eliminates the movie smoke and mirrors of film make-up and flattering lighting.

Funny, becuase I was watching the horrible Mr. and Mrs. Smith the other day, without high def, and couldn't get over the fact that Brad Pitts skin looked very bad in certain lights/angles. His face was a roadmap of red spots, blotchiness, and ton of pits ( no pun intended) indentations and scars of every type.

So, the moral is, if women the world over love this guy, even with crappy skin, perhaps we who obsess over our scars need to lighten up a bit. James

I was just reading this article on the net about about High Def. TV and came across this quote

"High definition has lifted the veil on the glamour industry, he said, noting that Brad Pitt is among handsome leading men who suffer in HD.

"He's a really good example of somebody the Hollywood glamour machine decided would be a sex symbol," Swann said. "But when you see him in high definition, you see all these pockmarks in his cheeks and he looks like an entirely different person -- and you go, 'Wow, is that Brad Pitt?

The guy who made the comment is a TV Exec. noting how Brads Pitts skin looks in real life, as High Def TV eliminates the movie smoke and mirrors of film make-up and flattering lighting.

Funny, becuase I was watching the horrible Mr. and Mrs. Smith the other day, without high def, and couldn't get over the fact that Brad Pitts skin looked very bad in certain lights/angles. His face was a roadmap of red spots, blotchiness, and ton of pits ( no pun intended) indentations and scars of every type.

So, the moral is, if women the world over love this guy, even with crappy skin, perhaps we who obsess over our scars need to lighten up a bit. James

this is very true, but it really isn't something to be happy about. Think it over. If stars who have multi-million payrolls can't correct acne scars, what chances do we have?

I think the point is more along the lines of "Hey - even the celebs have skin problems!" It's meant to make us feel like they are not so untouchable as us.

Well in regards to having loads of cash and still not being able to correct their scars: I made a comment just now on another thread on how sometimes it depends on your skin type. There are some that are good healers and others are not. Truth is that although options are growing definitely, there isn't yet a WIDE range of options to treat scarring so we are limited in a sense. And maybe Brad Pitt isn't one who heals like some others no matter if he has the best resurfacing doctor this side of the hemisphere. Doesn't mean that the rest of us are completely hopeless because we don't have the money they have. Some have healed with little money or almost no money at all.

Or Seal?

Well.. it's kinda like Cameron Diaz, her skin isn't perfect... but shes just such a super good looking woman, it doesn't even matter.

I've never thought Britney Spears was hot without makeup (even if she didn't have minor skin problems)... I just think she's an okay looking person..

The girls like Brad Pitt from what everyone says because of the fact he's just a good looking person... scars or not.

Some people can get away with scars.

I mean, if Seal can bag Heidi Klum.. I think there's hope for all of us.

The reason why brad pitt can get away with scars is because he has above average features to compensate that most of us dont have. If your just an average guy then scars can be devastating.

HDTV is a BIG problem for the stars, scars or not - nobody has perfect skin, especially after a certain age (usually mid-twenties). I've mentioned before that you can see Brad's scarring in his movies and pics, but no one believed me. *shrugs* He is still cute, IMO, but the fact is: I never thought he was all that, even with perfect skin. I don't like his features and bone structure, but I'm in the minority here. He's just not my type.

True, Pitt does have excellent features, also hair, body, etc. But as I was watching Mr. & Mrs. Smith ( a colossal peice of doodoo) I noticed his skin like never before. And though I could give a rats ass what any actor looks like ( James Woods, challenged in the pockmark dept. is a favorite) as long as they have charisma and talent, I couldn't get over the realization that Mr. Pretty Boy is in the same boat as many of us here regarding skin issues.

And I agree with the other poster who said Sean Penn and Redford's skin, though scar free, looks ten times worse than Pitts or a guy like James Woods.

james

he does have charm and charisma and that's what makes a star. I still don't think his features are that great. His nose is goofy, his jaw too wide, his head too round, and his mouth is too big. He looks dopey, IMO.

Guest delta force operators

i dont think brad pitt cares about his scars

hes a good looking guy with nice facial features.

In fact Pitt has numerous scars. Not 2 or 3. More like 23! But yes, they are shallow ones. But his overall complexion is pretty rough, red, blotchy. Which makes the scarring appear even worse. Closely check out Mr. and Mrs. Smith for verification. If that fails, wait till you get a high def TV in a few years and then check out that video again.

James

PS: I was watching the Weatherman with Nicolas Cage, same type of scarring as Pitts. But he has good skin tone which makes it not appear so significant. Pitt is a heavy smoker. I'm sure that is a contributing factor to his lousey skin tone.

No too bothered, just because Brad Pitt is a celebrity doesn't mean it makes him any better or worse than us, and same applies when talking about his skin. We should all feel good because Brad has bad skin? Get a life for godness sake!

Whittle,

I think the whole point of this post was that magazines, movies and television often portray people as having near perfect skin by using air brushing, makeup and lighting. So this gives a perception of what is supposed to be "normal' or "right" when in reality even the top notched "glamour" people have skin problems and that scarring isn't as uncommon as the media would have you believe. HDTV definitely sheds light.

I was at home on Friday and happened to catch some soap opera that was on. Typically the people chosen for these shows are attractive and have great skin. However there was one guy on the show who would be considered very attractive but he had some very obvious scars, even without HD they were plainly visible.

Err, maybe Seal bagged Heidi Klum because he's an unbelievable musician.

So if you guys have acne scars and are on the verge of becoming superstar musicians then, yes, there is hope for you in regards to that comment. Lets give Seal a little more credit.

Or Seal?

Well.. it's kinda like Cameron Diaz, her skin isn't perfect... but shes just such a super good looking woman, it doesn't even matter.

I've never thought Britney Spears was hot without makeup (even if she didn't have minor skin problems)... I just think she's an okay looking person..

The girls like Brad Pitt from what everyone says because of the fact he's just a good looking person... scars or not.

Some people can get away with scars.

I mean, if Seal can bag Heidi Klum.. I think there's hope for all of us.

In fact Pitt has numerous scars. Not 2 or 3. More like 23! But yes, they are shallow ones. But his overall complexion is pretty rough, red, blotchy. Which makes the scarring appear even worse. Closely check out Mr. and Mrs. Smith for verification. If that fails, wait till you get a high def TV in a few years and then check out that video again.

James

PS: I was watching the Weatherman with Nicolas Cage, same type of scarring as Pitts. But he has good skin tone which makes it not appear so significant. Pitt is a heavy smoker. I'm sure that is a contributing factor to his lousey skin tone.

brad pitt does not have 23 scars that is just stupid to say. he may have 1 or 2 here and there but don't say he has more its totally false and i know because im a die hard brad pitt fan. please get your facts straight before you start spreading false facts.

Seal an amazing musician? Give me a break.

His music definitely isn't good enough to bag Heidi Klum. I will never give him any credit, other than being really extremely fucking lucky.

James

brad pitt does not have 23 scars that is just stupid to say. he may have 1 or 2 here and there but don't say he has more its totally false and i know because im a die hard brad pitt fan. please get your facts straight before you start spreading false facts.

You need to check him out in High Def. It is an observable fact. Like I said, they are shallow, but numerous. Also, he sucks as an actor. Deniro, Pacino, Penn, Liotta, these are actors. James

You need to check him out in High Def. It is an observable fact. Like I said, they are shallow, but numerous. Also, he sucks as an actor. Deniro, Pacino, Penn, Liotta, these are actors. James

Ray Liotta's acne scarring is much worse than Brad Pitt's. He looked horrible in his most memorable role, too, in Good Fellas, with the drug addict makeup and oil they splashed all over him. And yeah, he's a much better actor, too, who obviously doesn't give a shit how glamorous he looks on screen.

lolz, johnny depp gots scars too...but he still is a handsome guy regardlesss. also does anyone know for sure how many scars does brad pitt really have???

Seeing films in IMAX is a real eye opener. I would recommend it to anyone who thinks most movie stars have perfect skin.

Everyone in the Matrix movies had numerous scars and other skin issues, with the exception of Jada Smith. Laurence Fishburn had pretty severe scarring.

Natalie Portman has a few scars and other flaws. Her skin is about like mine was before I ruined it with laser surgery. And I always thought she had perfect skin.

Angelina Jolie has some scars, too.

Everyone always talks about how bad Cameron Diaz's skin is, but I saw her in high def, recently and it really didn't look that bad. Her texture wasn't great, but I couldn't make out scars. Maybe she's had fillers or other treatments.

Everyone in the Matrix movies had numerous scars and other skin issues, with the exception of Jada Smith. Laurence Fishburn had pretty severe scarring.

If you watch closely in Apocalypse Now, even though his dark skin covers it, and the camera never zooms in on his face (the closeups are saved for Martin Sheen and Marlon Brando), when the lighting is right, you can see that he had some rather large cysts on his cheeks while they were filming. I'm pretty sure he was only 17 in that movie.

James

I have hdtv bud and he only has a few minor ones if any at all. People like laurence fishburn, seal, liotta those are the ones who's faces are really cracked out so don't go saying brad pitt has 23 thats absolutely false you know it and so do I. The part where you said brad pitt is a sucky actor well you just jealous of him because you wish you could be in his spotlight..