Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xmuffinsx

piercings while on tane

So for my birthday in about a month I want to get an industrial/scaffolding and a navel piercing done. I know accutane slows your healing, so should I wait? ANd if so how long after I'm done with it?

umm, don't quote me on this, but it sounds like a really really bad idea... all i know is that your skin is so much more sensitve and much more prone to scarring while on Accutane, hopefully some girls though can help you out. As with all procedures post accutane, i'd say wait 6 months...

I have been on Accutane for about 6 weeks and I am healing sooooo slow.

I scratched myself a few weeks ago and it looks like I just did it. My face is taking a really long time to heal too.

I am not sure how long you should wait, but if it were me I would hold off. You derm could give you an idea.

I would NOT get piercings done!! I have had my ears pierced for about 15 years and when I wear earrings now while I am on roaccutane the holes bleed!!! It really stuffs your healing capacity.

Don't do it. Navel piercings are one of the most difficult to heal anyway (most people's bodies will reject them), so you don't want to make the odds worse by adding in Accutane's slow healing. I assume the industrial/scaffolding you refer to is multiple piercing single jewelry cartilage ear piercing - also difficult to heal even without Accutane. Wait until you've been off Accutane six months.

I've had a belly ring for the last 3 years. It's for the most part healed up but every now and then it itches a little and oozes (this happes alot when I work out my abs for some reason....I guess it gets irritated). Then it goes back to being normal and not bothering me for a while. It takes 12-18 months for a puncture wound of that size to heal properly (and having that bar in there doen't help the healing process....80% of belly rings are rejected and migrate outward).....mines deep enough and been there long enough to not migrate, but I'm woiried about what will happen to it if I go in tane, if it gets irritated and does the itchy oozing thing.....

I guess I won't know until I try it and see what happens.....

Labgirl - i have ear lobe piercings that i've had since i was five years old that have been bothering me during this course, getting crusty and itchy like they haven't been since they first healed way back when. I even took out the jewelry that's been in forever. I have an old navel piercing that grew out and healed over about ten years ago that's been very itchy. Old eyebrow peircings haven't bothered me though.

You might lose that piercing on Accutane - keep an eye on it.