Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well I'm looking for a system or group of products that’s an over the counter .I decided not to see a dermatologist anymore so I need a system and I though proactiv is a little expensive. I’m somewhat knock on wood recovering from acne and not getting many breakouts but I wouldn’t say it’s gone. I have some red spots or scars but I don’t know which will clear me up.

Anyone try these or which sounds better?

Neutrogena Advanced Solutions Complete Acne Therapy System

Active Ingredients

Skin Polishing Acne Cleanser: Salicylic Acid 0.5%; Sun Shield Day Lotion: Octinoxate 7.5%; Zinc Oxide 2.94%; Overnight Acne Control Lotion: Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5%

Vs.

Clearasil Ultra Acne Scar Care System

Exfoliating Acne Wash: Salicylic Acid 2.0%. Protecting Day Lotion: Octinoxate 7.5%; Avobenzone 2.5%. Night Repair Lotion: Water; Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate; Ethylhexyl Palmitate; PEG-8; Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides; Glyceryl Stearate; PEG-100 Stearate; Cetyl Alcohol; Myreth-3 Myristate; Mimosa Tenuiflora; Tocopherol; Carbomer; Methylparaben; Propylparaben; O-Cymen-5-ol; Sodium Hydroxide; 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1,3-Diol; Phenoxyethanol; Ethylparaben; Butylparaben; Isobutylparaben; Propylene Glycol

Well I'm looking for a system or group of products that’s an over the counter .I decided not to see a dermatologist anymore so I need a system and I though proactiv is a little expensive. I’m somewhat knock on wood recovering from acne and not getting many breakouts but I wouldn’t say it’s gone. I have some red spots or scars but I don’t know which will clear me up.

Anyone try these or which sounds better?

Neutrogena Advanced Solutions Complete Acne Therapy System

Active Ingredients

Skin Polishing Acne Cleanser: Salicylic Acid 0.5%; Sun Shield Day Lotion: Octinoxate 7.5%; Zinc Oxide 2.94%; Overnight Acne Control Lotion: Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5%

Vs.

Clearasil Ultra Acne Scar Care System

Exfoliating Acne Wash: Salicylic Acid 2.0%. Protecting Day Lotion: Octinoxate 7.5%; Avobenzone 2.5%. Night Repair Lotion: Water; Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate; Ethylhexyl Palmitate; PEG-8; Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides; Glyceryl Stearate; PEG-100 Stearate; Cetyl Alcohol; Myreth-3 Myristate; Mimosa Tenuiflora; Tocopherol; Carbomer; Methylparaben; Propylparaben; O-Cymen-5-ol; Sodium Hydroxide; 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1,3-Diol; Phenoxyethanol; Ethylparaben; Butylparaben; Isobutylparaben; Propylene Glycol

I've tried the clearasil ultra acne scar care system. I think it lightened my pockmarks *somewhat* but it also dried out my skin. Anyway, just my two cents.

The Neutrogena one has a mild SA cleanser, which won't do anything to prevent or control acne since it's such a small amount of SA. It also describes the cleanser as "polishing", which translates to "it's a goddamn scrub will irritate your skin needlessly". The day lotion just sounds like a moisturizer with sunscreen, nothing too bad there though it won't do anything besides moisturizer your skin and prevent sunburn. The night lotion is 2.5% BP, which would help clear up your skin but using it only at night might not be very effective since BP only works for about 12 hours, and after that acne bacteria have free reign to multiply until the next BP application...which in this case would be 24 hours later. Eep.

The Clearasil system has a more irritating cleanser with 2.0% SA, maybe even scrubby things too since it markets itself as "exfoliating". I doubt it will help your acne at all, medicated cleansers are NEVER the solution. The day lotion is a lot like the Neutrogena one, just sunscreen in moisturizer. As far as I can tell there aren't any active ingredients in the night repair lotion, which doesn't make a lot of sense to me as I'd think there would be some BP or SA in there. Are you sure you have all the ingredients listed? Right now the night lotion sounds like a sunscreenless moisturizer. The only thing in that kit that might affect acne at all is the cleanser, which wouldn't do much if anything.

I'd say the Neutrogena kit sounds better, but both are very far from perfect.

The Neutrogena one has a mild SA cleanser, which won't do anything to prevent or control acne since it's such a small amount of SA. It also describes the cleanser as "polishing", which translates to "it's a goddamn scrub will irritate your skin needlessly". The day lotion just sounds like a moisturizer with sunscreen, nothing too bad there though it won't do anything besides moisturizer your skin and prevent sunburn. The night lotion is 2.5% BP, which would help clear up your skin but using it only at night might not be very effective since BP only works for about 12 hours, and after that acne bacteria have free reign to multiply until the next BP application...which in this case would be 24 hours later. Eep.

The Clearasil system has a more irritating cleanser with 2.0% SA, maybe even scrubby things too since it markets itself as "exfoliating". I doubt it will help your acne at all, medicated cleansers are NEVER the solution. The day lotion is a lot like the Neutrogena one, just sunscreen in moisturizer. As far as I can tell there aren't any active ingredients in the night repair lotion, which doesn't make a lot of sense to me as I'd think there would be some BP or SA in there. Are you sure you have all the ingredients listed? Right now the night lotion sounds like a sunscreenless moisturizer. The only thing in that kit that might affect acne at all is the cleanser, which wouldn't do much if anything.

I'd say the Neutrogena kit sounds better, but both are very far from perfect.

I agree with Kim. Honestly, I would only recommend the Clearasil system as a spot treatment for fading pockmarks. Rubbing it in vigorously (as I did when I first bought it) only dried out my skin and made it irritated. When I started using it as a spot treatment for my scars, I rubbed in the cleanser lightly, then washed it off as the directions say. Then I lightly rubbed the lotion in. It worked slightly after a few weeks of use, but I don't really think it's worth the money.

The ingredients I listed were only active ingredients.I think the clearacil sounds stronger and it might clear up red marks that look like scars.And Does is the "ZAPZYT Acne Pack" any good or repair acne scars?

The ingredients I listed were only active ingredients.I think the clearacil sounds stronger and it might clear up red marks that look like scars.And Does is the "ZAPZYT Acne Pack" any good or repair acne scars?

I don't think so, I have never tried it, but I think it's more for the treatment of acne

Do you guys think it's worth just going to Proactiv over these products?

proactive didnt work for me. I had good results with the neutrogena kit. I mostly get blackheads with the ocasionall pimple.

Do you guys think it's worth just going to Proactiv over these products?

proactive didnt work for me. I had good results with the neutrogena kit. I mostly get blackheads with the ocasionall pimple.

Proactiv seems to be mostly 2.5% BP and glycolic acid which in the past I have had some good results with both products I don't know if it's worth $39.99 though.I got to see which system is for me.It's very confusing.

If you want to go to proactive way... try klear skin that you can buy at walgreens or drugstore.com Its alot cheaper to... If i were you i would do just a light cleanser, and bp and moisturize... Cheaper to... and could help but i would have to ask you and see a picture of what your face looks like... I would recommend best way if you would post a pic... of your face

If you want to go to proactive way... try klear skin that you can buy at walgreens or drugstore.com Its alot cheaper to... If i were you i would do just a light cleanser, and bp and moisturize... Cheaper to... and could help but i would have to ask you and see a picture of what your face looks like... I would recommend best way if you would post a pic... of your face

Ok my camera battery is dead I will as soon as I can...Let me Describe it...My father and older brother suffered from very bad acne so I feel it's hereditary. It has been much worse at other times. I have had acne for about 3 years. Lately I haven’t had breakouts as often as I used to. I just stopped seeing a dermatologist. My face is usually very oily and greasy looking and I have red marks from where acne used to be weeks or months ago so I think the scare program might be useful. Right now I been using a Glycolic acid 4% wash and some nights using a 5% BP gel

Ok I got some....Some of the darker looking pictures make my face look rough and worse then it is but it gives you a idea.

http://img427.imageshack.us/img427/5520/p10100412zc.jpg

http://img427.imageshack.us/img427/4882/p10100434vr.jpg

http://img427.imageshack.us/img427/2681/p10100455vt.jpg

http://img427.imageshack.us/img427/652/p10100460gl.jpg

http://img427.imageshack.us/img427/9707/p10100484xo.jpg

http://img427.imageshack.us/img427/5738/p10100497es.jpg

http://img427.imageshack.us/img427/5851/p10100387km.jpg

http://img427.imageshack.us/img427/7998/p10100516jv.jpg

the "Klear Action Acne Treatment System" has almost 100% similar ingredients to Proactiv and is half the price with better ratings on acne.org.I'm thinking of doing the The Klear system with a Neutrogena Advanced Solutions Acne Mark Fading Peel with CelluZyme. I will be getting acne control and help fade old acne marks.