Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Which Of These Is The Best Treatment For Red-Marks?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Which Of These Is The Best Treatment For Red-Marks?

• Tape Method
    • Vinegar Method
    • Lemon Method
    • Acid Peels
    • Taking Supplements
    • Other

Out of these methods which (in your experience) works the best?.

If you select "Other" can you please post a message to say what it is.

Okay, so far your sayin that acid peels are the best treatment to get rid of red marks, but is it alright to use them when you have some active acne on your face as well?? :-k

What is the best type/brand to use, i live in the UK, so it has to be kind of easy to get hold of.

Voted other....

Time is the only proven way to get rid of them. If you are using topical creams to prevent future breakouts, vinegar burns like freakin hell.

Yeah, i know that after time they should fade, but how long should it take?? I've had mine for around a year now and although they are fading a bit, they're still pretty visable, especially when there's not much light. So how long is the *average* time???

Can you use acid peels when you also have quite mild active acne as well?? What is the best type/brand/strength of peel???

Yes, out of those choices, acid peels work the best to lighten and diminish red marks. I have seen great improvements with Glycolic Acid peels but I had mine done at the derm as they were 70%. These are also great for active acne. (However, I heard the TCA does not help with active acne and I am not sure about Lactic Acid but I believe that one helps too). If those don't help after a series, I would give laser a go. I had 2 VLS laser treatments that helped alot (but there is some bruising involved).

For me... Lactic acid peels on 40% every 2 days combined with St. Ives invigorating scrub everyday morning and night then Witch clear complextion moisteriser with aloe vera biggrin.gif

I got a peel when I had active acne. It's worked quite well at lightening old marks. However, don't expect much from your first peel. You have to do it a few times to get desired results. I'm also using Retin-a which seems to be fading them very well.

So are acid peels chemical peels? This is safe to do even if I have acne still, right?

Is this a product to buy in the pharmacy or is it done by a dermatologist? If acid peels are the same as chemical peels then you would do this before dermabrasion and lazer CO2 or whatever that is, right? Let me know...Thanks.

I am using a little thing called time. Red marks are fading well. Not as fast as I'd like but they are fading. I dont want to risk or use anything else at the moment.

Retin a, lactic acid peels, & Pure Deming Gel clear up red marks faster than lightening can strike.

Guys,

I found out that taking MSM and Vitamin C is the best way to smoothen skin and reduce red marks...

YOu all should try it!!!

MSM? Whats that? I am currently taking a C-Complex and it seems to help.

MSM is a type of sulfur...

I take 5000gram daily with 750mg of vitamin C....

Sulfur is very good at detoxification of the body....

ideally, shouldn't red marks fade faster as you peel away layers and layers of skin via TCA peels?

my red marks don't seem to be going away, and i've peeled 3 or more times...