Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shogo

How many MG of accutane do you take?

your supposed to take a 1:1 ratio for mg to kg (how much your body weighs) i weigh about 150 lbs. which is 65 kg so i take 60 one day then 70 the next but ive been on it for 2 months and still get some pimples so i think im gonna ask to step it up to 70mg a day.

That never made sense to me. I only weigh 120 pounds and I used to take 80 mg a day. Hmmm.. maybe it also depends on the severity of your acne? :-k

There is no define amount. Your doctor gave you a low dose probably to see how your body will react. The drug can seriously fuk you up for years. Hell if this is the first time your taking accutane it may not work perfectly for you. It sure didnt for me. While I am grateful that it did make my acne at least manageable now instead of severe, I still have plenty of them. Currently Im giving Dan regime a try and will see how things are in a month. If it progressing like I think it should I wont have to try accutane again.

Im giving Dan regime a try and will see how things are in a month. If it progressing like I think it should I wont have to try accutane again.

I've taken accutane twice and it worked both times, but only for a year and then my acne came back. I've been on the regimen for 9 months and it works like a miracle. Just remember to stick with it, it took me like 3 months before I got completely clear. I thought I was going to have to take accutane a third time, but the regimen works SO well. My face is totally clear now. sorry, I'm ranting...

i weigh 160lbs and i'm only taking 40mg once a day... this is only my first week though... but from everyone else's responses, it looks like my derm should've perscribed me a higher dosage based on my weight though...