Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xiomara

What takes your mind off of acne?

This is kinda wierd because when you think of acne you don't think about confidence around girls...but I always forget about my acne when I'm doing anything sexual with my girlfriend. I would have guessed that it would make me self concious, but I always forget right away...I guess that would be a good thing.

When I was a teenager with acne, I had an eating disorder. I was extremely perfectionistic with regards to my body. I now wonder if this was an attempt to perfect something because I didn't have control over my facial breakouts (even though I saw a derm and faithfully applied the darn products). My focus on exercising and healthy eating took my mind off my acne.

I don't focus on acne when I'm at work. I work 70+ hours a week. I rarely socialize. Alcohol makes me forget too.

Booze is the one thing that always works for me. No, I'm not an alcoholic but when I go drinking my acne is the last thing on my mind.

Working out also helps but not as much as drinking.

Booze is the one thing that always works for me. No, I'm not an alcoholic but when I go drinking my acne is the last thing on my mind.

I'd have to agree, booze definately does the trick...

Guest Realist

Living :D

So why the hell are you on this forum?

I'd have to agree, booze definately does the trick...

Alcohol: the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems.