Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mental-miracle

still oily on accutane, and...

so, im 7 days into ROaccutane. 20mg a day. at this point, day7, my skin still have some oil on forehead, i notice NO side affects, NO dry lips, almost NO dryness at all.

of course oilyness has reduced greatly. but STILL OILY a bit. im not sure, if that low dosage would have great results in curing acne.

so my question is - is this normal ? my weight is 60 kg, and dosage 20mg.

too low ? i want to increase it to 30mg a day. good idea ? i would do that anyway, but i want to do it day after tomorrow - week after starting roaccutane (well, almost a week)

-

10000$.

im on 40 mg a day on day 20 and i just started noticing less oil a couple days ago. SO wait a couple weeks since ur only on 20 mg. I used to have to wipe off the oil on my nose every 1-2 hours. Now its not even necessarry until like 11 pm at night. And thats from the morning all the way till then

give it a month, and u shouldnt have excess oil anymore. Im just afraid of my face having NO moisture at all. This is the first time in 3 years i havent had excess oil on my nose!! Im so excited cause now the excess on the rest of my face is going away too. I love accutane so far.

give it a month, and u shouldnt have excess oil anymore. Im just afraid of my face having NO moisture at all. This is the first time in 3 years i havent had excess oil on my nose!! Im so excited cause now the excess on the rest of my face is going away too. I love accutane so far.

Yes, I agree with Ant. I've been oily up until a few days ago. I'm only on day 25 and now my face is super nice and matte. Usually, (before tane) when I put on make-up, it seemed like I needed to blot my face about a thousand times a day. My make-up became super greasy looking to the point I became very embarrassed. Now, it feels really great because I don't have that problem anymore. I'm afraid of my problematic oiliness coming back once I'm off this drug. I haven't washed my hair since Friday morning. I'm sort of afraid to wash my hair so much since I have fine hair, I'm afraid of hair thinning and breaking. My hair is really dry now. It looks like I just washed it today when normally by the second day my hair would look greasy. So, don't worry, the excess oil will definitely reduce! You'll feel it soon enough! Good luck. :)