Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
need2bclear

Time - CSR takes a lot of it.

So I don't know about everybody else, but it's tough for me to spend 30 minutes, once during the day and once during the night (that's 1 whole hour!!), on my face. yes, my acne problem is utterly disgusting and i would like to get rid of it... but i also have priorities like school, work, and of course... sleep. can anyone suggest a faster way to this approach? i would REALLY appreciate it. thanks!

Sorry, there is no faster way. if you really want to get rid of your acne, you gotta sacrifice some sleep. be realistic, waking up 30 minutes earlier for clear skin is a fair trade, dont you think?

Sorry, there is no faster way. if you really want to get rid of your acne, you gotta sacrifice some sleep. be realistic, waking up 30 minutes earlier for clear skin is a fair trade, dont you think?

ditto

i mean 1hour aint to bad just watch 1 hour less of tv or summit thats how i think ofit :lol:

but 1 hour for Clear skin is a bargain

I need to stop being lazy & put effort into the csr process.

well in the morning, i usually get to it asap once my skin is dry and ready so i wait about 5-10 minutes. i wake up an extra 10 minutes earlier now to get more drying times. at night, i don't have a problem because ii can study or do smoething in between so i end up waiting around 15 each step.

What I generally do is just watch TV when I'm applying the CSR Gel. That way you aren't just standing in the bathroom bored. Maybe try that and it won't feel like you are wasting an hour necessarily. Apply when there is a show on TV you want to watch.

you shud wash.

an while waiting 15mins for face 2 dry u shud get dressed or somethin

then apply bp

an while waiting 15mins til applying moisturiser, i then do my hair

then i apply moisturiser an then clean teeth!

an it doesnt take up much of my time at all really

I feel like the extra time I spend each day washing my face, putting on the BP properly, and moisturizing is completely worth it given how happy I am with my skin now. I had a bunch of friends come back from winter study abroads just a couple weeks ago--having not seen me since last November before I started using Dan's gel--and a lot of them have been telling me how good I look. Nobody has outright said, "Oh, you don't have acne anymore!", and maybe the people who think I look better now can't even pinpoint it themselves, but I know I look and feel better because my skin is clearer.

definately cool as kim!

if u put the effort in, u see results.

its up2u but nothing comes for free

I get ready to leave WHILE I'm doing the Regimen. Like, wake up, brush my teeth and wash my face ...then get dressed ...then apply BP ...then eat breakfast ...and then apply moisturizer. It does not take me any more time in the morning to get ready than it did BEFORE I started the Regimen. :)

Edit: In response to coolaskimdeal - my uncle kept saying I looked like I had lost weight ...when I asked him why he kept saying that, even though I certainly hadn't lost any, he looked me over and said "Well, your face has cleared up a lot, and no one really wants to say 'You look like you've lost acne!'" :lol:

yea thats what i do (as posted above hehe)

of course if u simply sit there between washing and bP. waiting for ur skin to dry.

and again between BP and moisturiser

Then ul lose around 30mins, but why wud u do that hehe.

do what we have said an ul realise the only time u lose is application time and that is small

my washing time is prob 1-2mins (including running the water in washbowl)

applying bp is longest with prob around 2-4mins application time.

and moisturising takes around a minute.

so in total its around 7mins of ur time morning and night...

i think that is a small price to pay for clear skin

yea, that's what I do too.

just do things during the "waiting times" that I would normally do anyway.

Take my shower (including Regimen washing), get dressed, go start breakfast cooking.

put on bp.

go check on breakfast, make sure the kids aren't killing each other and are dressed.

put on moisturizer.

go make sure breakfast isn't burning, set table, fix drinks, etc.

go do makeup.

get breakfast on the table and kids eating.

go fix hair.

eat.

all done.

brandy also incorporates at least 10posts on acne.org in her regimen morning and night hehe!

aswel as all throughout the day

go brandy :dance::dance::dance::dance:

:wub:

I get ready to leave WHILE I'm doing the Regimen. Like, wake up, brush my teeth and wash my face ...then get dressed ...then apply BP ...then eat breakfast ...and then apply moisturizer. It does not take me any more time in the morning to get ready than it did BEFORE I started the Regimen. :)

Edit: In response to coolaskimdeal - my uncle kept saying I looked like I had lost weight ...when I asked him why he kept saying that, even though I certainly hadn't lost any, he looked me over and said "Well, your face has cleared up a lot, and no one really wants to say 'You look like you've lost acne!'" :lol:

Heh, I wonder why there's some tacit understanding among almost everyone that it's okay to compliment someone specifically on losing weight, but not on clearing their skin up. I've heard plenty of people go up to someone and be like, "Oh, you look so great, congratulations on losing weight!", but I've never ever heard anyone tell someone else to their face, "Wow, your acne is all gone, congratulations!" It's not like acne issues are really more sensitive than weight issues for people who seriously struggle with one or the other.

good call kim.

mayb coz being fat is felt like somethin they "knew was gonna happen but carried on eating neway. "

ie self inflicted

whereas acne is like totally out of peoples control?

im jus guessin here obviously but i sorta think thats right

I incorporated my Regimen into my daily schedule, so nothing's really new.

Wake Up, Put Contacts In, Wash Fash, Exfoliate, then go get dressed, then go upstairs let the dog out, go eat, then come back, brush my teeth, then apply gel, style my hair, use mouthwash, go back watch tv for about 5-10 minutes or talk/text on my cell, then go back apply moisturizer, wait a couple minutes go back to tv or cell phone, then go back to bathroom and see if i need anymore moisturizer, depending on how dry I am. :]

I still leave at 6:30,

It is wonderful.

Yes.. at night time I do a little more, and especially if I go out and party and get home really late, I sometimes skip (I know its horrible) but I do it anyway, but I normally cleanse before bed, just skip the BP and maybe its good to let the skin breathe for a few hours at night once in awhile. But otherwise, it's not that bad.

At the beginning I hated how long the regimen took cause my skin still looked pretty bad and I felt like i was wasting all this time...Plus, at the beginning it took up way more of my time cause I would sit there in the mirror and inspect my face closely and try to notice what differences had been made, and deal with the dead skin and flakes, picking those all off. And finding the right amount of bp and moisturizer to use took a really long time too...actually I'm over 3 months in and been clear for a month and now suddenly my bp and moisture combo arent working anymore, getting super dry but whatever im clear. I dont feel like it takes that much time of my day anymore either. Its fucked though, I used to spend literally 20 minutes applying bp to my face, I put a huge amount of bp on, then moisturizer, and never really had any flaking. Now I spend 4 minutes putting it on (chin area and forehead) and I get dry. I kinda think Dan's bp sucks a bit of nard, the proactiv bp didnt dry me out nearly as much.

Putting on moisturizer still takes me more time than bp though, usually around 10 minutes, cause it doesnt absorb on its own.

It also seems that people only comment when you have acne, not when you don't. In the past, I have heard people make comments on how bad my skin looked, but when I am cleared up, I don't hear a thing.

I guess thats a good thing.

So I don't know about everybody else, but it's tough for me to spend 30 minutes, once during the day and once during the night (that's 1 whole hour!!), on my face. yes, my acne problem is utterly disgusting and i would like to get rid of it... but i also have priorities like school, work, and of course... sleep. can anyone suggest a faster way to this approach? i would REALLY appreciate it. thanks!

Well the regimen in itself only takes me about 10-15 minutes morning and night. Another 10-15 for makeup (I'm female) ...

Without the regimen I would have spent 30-40 on makeup covering up my nasty breakouts.

Small price to pay.