Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xiomara

What is up with my skin?

I don't get how I have very oily skin(face, scalp & back)...... yet my lips, hands, & feet are very dry!

And NO, i'm not on anitbotics yet and I do drink plenty of water.

What should I intake more to balance it?

I don't get how I have very oily skin(face, scalp & back)...... yet my lips, hands, & feet are very dry!

hands and feet are dry because you use them more. Get some coconut oil for those areas. Even throw coconut oil on your lips. It works.

Anyone who gives you advice on how to "balance" without taking an approach that focuses on your health would be premature in offering advice.

If I gave you specific advice to balance it would be --> become healthier. I just made a post about becoming healthier and you should read it. "for those who are new..."

If your skin is dry though just moisturize it.

Guest Gentle~Rain

I have the same issues and for me it comes down to useage and what those areas go through. Lips need a sunscreen, they really do. Most people forget their lips.They dry out very quickly from eating, drinking, sleeping (mouth breathing) etc....try not to lick them but use a good balm instead. Hands and feet get more exposure too.....do you spend long amounts of time barefoot? I do and it shows :( ....but you can overcome this with better care. I find when I take essential oils (3,6,9) my skin is always better, I like to apply jojoba oil to my parched heels at night and sleep with socks on. I use a very mild soap to wash my hands with and make sure to rinse it off well. Oh and sometimes feet that seem really dry are just feet that only need better exfoliation, one of my favorite summer tricks is when I'm at the beach to swim and then when I'm all prune-y (LOL) get out and exfoliate with the sand that sticks to them. You can also just use a pumic stone after a long hot soak in the tub...or even just take your towel and buff them, you'll be surpised how much dead skin rubs off. A salt scrub is great for feet too....just use plain old salt found in the kitchen....I would moisturise after the salt as it can be drying.

Yes I do moisturize & do my own pedicures. And still! I put on bees wax on my lips and they are still dry. :wall:

I think your proberly best going to your doctor, i dont know much about skin but i'm guessing it's your hormones or oil glands creating too much oil. I was told that oily skin needs to moisturise because if people with oily skin don't their oil glands thinks "hey i need to produce more oil" but if you moisturise your oil glands knows you have enough oil. No i'm not crazy!!! lol

I think your proberly best going to your doctor, i dont know much about skin but i'm guessing it's your hormones or oil glands creating too much oil. I was told that oily skin needs to moisturise because if people with oily skin don't their oil glands thinks "hey i need to produce more oil" but if you moisturise your oil glands knows you have enough oil. No i'm not crazy!!! lol

Sorry, it just doesn't work like that.......

I think for the most part, oily skin is hereditary and/or hormonal.

I've had oily skin my whole life, no matter what I do it is still oily.

the best thing you can do is just deal with it, or check with a derm about the possibility of Accutane, it effectively shuts off the sebaceous glands.

because u dont have much hair on ur hands and lips. its sebum glands which make ur skin oily.

because u dont have much hair on ur hands and lips. its sebum glands which make ur skin oily.

Basically yes.

There are far more oil glands on your face and upper body(especially the face) than anywhere else. Your hands are always going to be much drier than your face...even if you moisturize them.

But my belief is that oily skin is an internal problem and not necessarily genetics (I'm the only one in my family of 100, yes 100, who has oily skin).

But my belief is that oily skin is an internal problem and not necessarily genetics

Well, some people are prone to oily skin and others are not. People who have normal skin don't necessarily NOT have an internal problem. But if your liver is functioning perfectly well then you shouldn't have oily skin. Same with acne.