Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Its been over 3 months now and I previously stated before that I was content with my results, but not satisfied. Recently, Ive been thinking why my acne has'nt cleared up to the extent that I wanted it to. So I decided to switch my cleanser and moisterizer:

My Old Setup for the past 3 months:

Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser

Cetaphil Moisterizer with SPF15

On the Spot

Now, with that setup during the 3 months, I experienced new breakouts (about 2-3 fresh pimples) about every 3-4 days. This past week, Ive totally switched my setup to this:

Purpose Gentle Cleanser

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion with SPF15 and AHA

On the Spot

Im glad to say I have not experienced a new pimple this entire week, which has been a first. I think it obviously had to be on of the Cetaphils. So eliminating both was a godsend for me. I havent been experiencing very dry skin like the Cetaphil Cleanser did to me. Things have been going great. I hope this helps some of you guys out. Finally, I've incorporated Aloe Vera into my nightly regimine which definetly has helped to fade the red marks.

Congrats...I switched to Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion with SPF15 and AHA about a month ago...and the results have been great. That product really completed my regimin.

frank, I had the same problem too and I also switched from cetaphil cleanser to spectrol jel and from cetaphil moisturizer to neutrogena AHA SPF15.

So far only 2 new pimples (but they're so tiny that you can barey see it) over 1.5 weeks.

I personally don't like the cetaphil cleanser that much - the moisturizer should be okay though.

I think cetaphil cleanser is way too gentle and it doesn't clean your skin throughly enough.

Glad to know that I"m not the only one!!

Congrats...I switched to Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion with SPF15 and AHA about a month ago...and the results have been great. That product really completed my regimin.

Really? It dries the shit outta me, no matter what amount I use.

When I used the Cetaphil Cleanser it would dry me really badly too. I would try to yawn and instantly, my entire face was white...it was some shit

Eeep.

I'm using cetaphil.. :/

It doesn't dry me out though.

And I rarely even moisturize, too.