Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
welshboy_073

at the end of my fucking tether

excuse the language, i cant take it anymore i am becoming serverly depressed after 5 weeks of this shit i just want my breakouts to stop, what am i gonna do i just want it all to end, i kno im sounding melodramatic but i got work now and i dn wana go id rather just take my life and finish it off

a number of fucking breakouts 2 day i just cant cope anymore

If it's really bad, it could be beyond BP, and maybe a pill would work better? You could see a dr or a dermatologist about it. If you're using a gentle cleanser and the BP (only 2.5% - 5%) and a moisturiser that's oil free, it should be clearing up..? What skin type are you? Do you have a history of people in your family with skin troubles?

(hugs)

you're only 5 weeks in!

Remember, it even takes prescription medications time to work. Retin-A typically takes 6 weeks before you begin to see any results (and that's after the initial purging breakout period) and even Accutane takes 6 months to get the problem fully under control. So you can't expect an over-the-counter treatment program to give you anymore rapid results than even the most potent prescriptions.

It's like everyone expects to see rapid results with this, but you guys have to remember that your acne situation didn't likely happen over night. It takes awhile to break the cycle. And ANY acne treatment program is going to require patience and diligence, and time to get results.

So, don't give up yet!!! Nothing is an instant cure, I wish there was.

*pats your back and gives you another hug*

id hang in there if i was you!

but u need to make a decision on what u think is best for urself bro

id hang in there if i was you!

but u need to make a decision on what u think is best for urself bro

i dn av a choice really :( like i said before if it aint better by 25th of april its bye bye regimen and hello spain hopefully the sun n sea will clear it up if it does im gonna av 2 wash my face with sea water all the time like i said before

and to duchess my skin type is greasy, i av greasy hair unless i wash it everyday and greasy skin howveer after spendin 2 weeks in the sea and sun my skin stops being greasy goes a chocolate brown and my hair feels thick and dry lol

thanks brandy for your post. i too am struggling right now...on week 5, and my skin is clearer but this past week has been a bit breakoutish. it was refreshing and encouraging to hear your points about prescriptions taking a while as well.

thanks!

Aww, it's okay babyy. <3

Think positive, and what-not. It'll get better.

dude its gotta be the lotion your ar eusing, that stuff can hella make your face break out outta nowhere, what kind are you using?? pm me cuz its hard findin these bulletins you know what i mean lol drink lots and lots of water, like a gallon, that much water cleans your body out maybe it'll help with your face, its worth a try.hit me up, dont kill yourself either man it aint worth it, just think of everything you can that you might be doing to have your face break out and just think of all the possiblities its the only way, but lemme know what kinda moisterizer you're usin, that can definitly do the job.

dude its gotta be the lotion your ar eusing, that stuff can hella make your face break out outta nowhere, what kind are you using?? pm me cuz its hard findin these bulletins you know what i mean lol drink lots and lots of water, like a gallon, that much water cleans your body out maybe it'll help with your face, its worth a try.hit me up, dont kill yourself either man it aint worth it, just think of everything you can that you might be doing to have your face break out and just think of all the possiblities its the only way, but lemme know what kinda moisterizer you're usin, that can definitly do the job.

eucerin dry skin relief most ppl use it here so i dno wth is happening my skin last night i used oxy on the spot instead of dans gel and my skin just feels more relaxed i think i can already feel my papules calming, hold on ye they definatley are, i think that mightha been my problem, my skin despises gel any type of it like i used pan oxyl gel before that really irrated my skin aswell, i think cream is way less irritating and more soothing when i applied it last night it felt i was putting something gentle and calm on my face when i put dans BP gel on it felt really cold and very harsh against my skin, not trynna say stay away from dans gel but i really dont think it was suited for my skin

Guest yahyah

Hiya x

Are you doing the regimen twice a day? I know this probably isn't something I should suggest, but why don't you try just doing it just at night for a couple of days and let your skin breathe. I found that if my skin got over-dry my acne became heaps worse... I need constant moisturiser!!

Also, why don't you check out the 'diet' forum on here... it took me months to realise that aspartame (found in diet-free drinks i.e. Coke) was a major factor contributing to my acne.. as well as a complete lack of water (4 litres a day is a must!!!) and eating junk. Its amazing what effect drinking alot of water everyday and cutting out junk food (sometimes also dairy for most people) can have.

Hang in there babes... like one of the latter posts said.. think of everything that could be aggravating your skin.. moisturiser possibly (not everyone's skin is the same)- I know that if i use Dove 'big blue tub' moisturiser I'd break out in a second but the joke is I used it for years pre-acne - maybe overkill of dan's BP (although it is the BEST BP out there so don't stop using it) and lack of moisture... DRINK WATER.

Most of all... check out my sig... it took four months of hell to get clear.. so 5 weeks isn't much comparatively... and I still get the odd breakout if i slack off the bp, or don't use enough moisturiser, or eat too much dairy, drink too much coke (i.e. more than 1 can a day) or get stressed...

Take a deep breath and fight this thing head on!!!

that wasnt accurate on so many levels!

for one, dont drink that much water as it also wil flush out the zinc in ur system an zinc helps to clear skin.

2ndly eucerin is used by a lot of people and it definately doesnt break you out.

it might simply be ur acne is too strong to be combatted by just the regimen.

i personally believe it wil help any form of acne over time, however stubborn moderate/severe acne wil obviously take longer

Hey welsheboy, In my case dans gel doesnt really agree with my skin either. I first started it and had breakouts so i just thought it was due to change but then the breakouts wouldnt stop so i went back to on-the-spot, within a day my skin was starting to clear up already. About a weeks later i ran out of on the spot, so i went to use the remaining csr and gel and BAM, the next day my skin was really tight and i was after getting a bunch of new breakouts. Maybe im just paranoid But i do love the way dans gel goes on, plus the economy size is awesome, but i think the cream suits my face better that the gel.

@ Welsh, you're like me, the sun makes my skin look fantastic, it's not so much the sea water, it's the sun.

I wouldnt recommend washing your fast with salt water, it wont do you much good.

The problem with the sun is that we dont get much, so its not like you can rely on the sun for good skin, I'd stick with the regimen.

I was still breaking out even after 8 weeks to an extent, but my skin is really stable and clear at the moment, breakouts are small and gone in a day or two.

Hey welsheboy, In my case dans gel doesnt really agree with my skin either. I first started it and had breakouts so i just thought it was due to change but then the breakouts wouldnt stop so i went back to on-the-spot, within a day my skin was starting to clear up already. About a weeks later i ran out of on the spot, so i went to use the remaining csr and gel and BAM, the next day my skin was really tight and i was after getting a bunch of new breakouts. Maybe im just paranoid But i do love the way dans gel goes on, plus the economy size is awesome, but i think the cream suits my face better that the gel.

shit sucks huh, almost 5 bucks for that little ass thing, i'd just go buy one and jack like 2 everytime haha

Hey. There's no way of knowing what's up 'til a few months have passed of strict adherence. That means twice a day, every day, recommended products and methods, nothing added in or taken away. So, while there is no reason at all for alarm at this point, we may as well make sure you're on everything just right. Please post the products you're using and what you're doing morning and evening.

Oh, and post what could be irritating your face. I have a friend who's best friend is on the regimen and they were out for pizza. She said her friend had been "on the regimen" for 2 weeks and was complaining that it didn't work. Then, my friend said, her friend rested her face on both of her greasy hands from the pizza. While she had her hands on her face, she said, "I do it every day at least once. I don't know what's up." What's up is that she's touching her face, with grease no less, and doing the regimen when she feels like it and when it's convenient. This is the thing tho. The regimen is more than a guideline. It's really a REGIMEN, meaning every day, without fail, and to a T.

So, I'm not trying to make you defensive. Sorry if this post sounds that way. Please let us know what you're doing each day and what you're using though.

ok dan sorry for what seems like me giving you bad publicity for your product im not anti clear skin gel but for the time being my skin doesnt like it lol but thats just my skin as i said, here goes

START OF REGIMEN: 5 WEEKS AGO

i washed with dermol 500

applied oxy on the spot gently like u say, i even used my ipod mirror under a lamp so i made sure i was gliding it on smoothly!

i then applied dermol 500

(you may notice i used the same product to wash and moisturise with this is because its a moisturiser that can be used as a soap subsitiute, you said do not use a wash that would dry skin and how could this if its used 2 moisturise if u kno wat i mean lol)

+ 2 weeks, my skin was becoming tight and more drier and i read about jojoba oil! so i used nivea intensive moisturising stuff (jojoba oil included init thats y i changed!) like for like 3 times until brandy told me that it contained a pore clogging ingredient so i stopped it imediatley and went bak on dermol 500

The change : after reading dami3ns miracilous skin transformation i wanted to try it for myself so i bought and used

ACT Wash Bar

CSR Gel

Eucerin dry skin relief

before these products were used my acne went through a cycle of spots, with the oil being pushed to form a head, i either let these spots die depending on how surfaced they were or shot them out over my bathroom mirror lol, so ye i noticed when usinig these products my skin didnt improve at all if anything it got worse my red marks seemed to sit there, no not seemed they did and became more dominent.

I did the regimen twice a day every 12 hours , on 2 or 3 occasions i did the regimen 3 timies a day cos of work however i spaced them out as much i cud e.g 7 am - 3 pm - 11 pm. i dnt kno if thiis wuda made much of a difference anyway.

last night/TODAY :

I Scrapped all the products and washed with dermol 500 , the first time i used it i could still feel dry askin after i washed, unlike ACT tho it was minor, i think ACT really dried my skin up big time and made my skin feel really tight and i also read very recently that it contains a product that shouldnt be used when using BP( they tell me now! lol ) however when i used dermol 500 this morning my skin was anything but dry and it wasnt greasy, i applied oxy on the spot 2.5% BP cream and it went on like a dream, its not so cold so its more comfartable to apply very gently, i then moisturised with a bit of dermol, however i did use a tiny bit of eucerin on my face in an odd spot to stop flaking ( which later turned out to be a scab like flake which when i picked off had acne scars on the damaged dead skin tissue.

Anyway thats my story but I promise you i have done it twice a day ( apart from the days where i did it 3 times) over the past 5 weeks, i did use a dodgy moisturiser for 3 applications though and i put a bit of CSR gel on today and my skin just felt naturally more comfartable with oxy on the spot fot the time being anyway maybe ill go on it again i dno, work ure magic dan! lol

i agree strongly with fat mike, its good economy size but if ure skin doesnt like it not much u can do! lol

Im with Dan on this one, it is called a regimen. You have to be on point every single day and make sure that nothing is aggrivating your face.

Well, it sounds like you're dedicated, so that's good. The thing is you've been changin' up products a lot and you said one of them contained an active ingredient maybe? Or for some reason shouldn't be used with BP? Also, I have no idea what the dermol500 is. It works as both a cleanser and moisturizer? That sounds odd. I think it's worth it to try the regimen for a while, using a gentle cleanser for the face that contains no active ingredients and is non-overdrying, and a separate moisturizer which is oil-free and non-comedogenic. Then give it a while and you should start seeing results.

Oh, and as far as you using my product goes, I could care less. My goal is to get the regimen out to everyone, not my products. If the products help, that's cool, but that's not why I'm here. Oxy On-The-Spot is fine and I've heard a lot of good things, so you're all set with that.

P.S. I deleted your other thread that had the same info as posted above. This way we can keep it all in one place.

Well, it sounds like you're dedicated, so that's good. The thing is you've been changin' up products a lot and you said one of them contained an active ingredient maybe? Or for some reason shouldn't be used with BP? Also, I have no idea what the dermol500 is. It works as both a cleanser and moisturizer? That sounds odd. I think it's worth it to try the regimen for a while, using a gentle cleanser for the face that contains no active ingredients and is non-overdrying, and a separate moisturizer which is oil-free and non-comedogenic. Then give it a while and you should start seeing results.

Oh, and as far as you using my product goes, I could care less. My goal is to get the regimen out to everyone, not my products. If the products help, that's cool, but that's not why I'm here. Oxy On-The-Spot is fine and I've heard a lot of good things, so you're all set with that.

P.S. I deleted your other thread that had the same info as posted above. This way we can keep it all in one place.

ok well i got eucerin dry skin relief i need a suggested cleanser now, instead of ACT wash bar tho which i can get in the uk, any recommendations anyone? i can ask brandy 2 help me check the ingredients then cos shes kool :D

I like the simple cleansing wipes that I use- there really good at getting off make up and not drying at all, but I've never heard of anyone else using wipes :)

I like the simple cleansing wipes that I use- there really good at getting off make up and not drying at all, but I've never heard of anyone else using wipes :)

i dont see how using the same thing to wash and moisturise is going to be a problem tho , washing just means getting all dirt and stuff of your face which is wat dermol 500 is if u rinse it off your face, if you leave it on it moisturises, itsspecifically made to not cause irratation ( why its a soap subistitute) rather than take advice off others like i av in the past which totally fkd my skin over shall i just stay with dermol 500 now?i kno its odd but think about it logically why would it be called a soap substitute if it didnt cleanse your skin

The dove soap i mentioned in my sig is fine for me, my acne is very controlled with the combo of products i use. Just those bastard red marks. I feel so sorry for you, knowing you started this regimen about the same time as i did, i suffer no breakouts and am very much on the mend. It doesnt help to hear this so ill shut up. But i suffered these breakouts so please just stick with it. But by 3 months and no improvement it maybe that you will have to ditch the bp; as your body is continually making acne bacteria and the bp is bringing to surface. A systematic pill would probably help you in that case cough*accutane* cough, lol.

But i wish you the best of luck none-the-less.

sorry that the act bar didnt agree with your skin bro.

i must admit wen i started using it i didnt think it was that great an i changed to "bior pore perfect"

its a greeny coloured natural smelling facial wash an it didnt break me out wen i used it for around 2weeks.

however for some reason i switched back as it wouldnt make a very good lather wen i wanted to shave.

an for some reason i suddenly realised how much i liked the act bar so i stayed with it.

neway bottom line is yea sorry u dont like dans CSR Gel or my Act Wash Bar that i influenced you on buying..

but you must remember that u shudnt chop and change products all the time.

i KNOW there isnt a problem with Eucerin Dry Skin Relief moisturiser an yet u switched.

an i know that dans CSR Gel isnt of low quality and is by far the best BP Gel ive ever used..

an i personally also think the ACT bar isnt OVERLY drying either (makes u a bit tight skinned but not overly dry in my opinion)

are u sure ur not pickin faults with all these products coz ur skin isnt clearing up asfast as you might like?

because at the end of the day you have only been doing it 5weeks and i know at my 5week mark my skin was stil looking not all that great.