Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Nothing you eat or drink affects your acne.

So not true, shame on you for even thinking you could get away with saying such a thing on a holistic health board - tsk tsk :naughty: Everything you eat and drink effects every part of your body from your skin to your big toe, you are what you eat after all. Diet coke is not a good drink, its loaded with artificial sweetners which are just plain bad for you - google aspartame flu and and see what you come up with, its pretty scary stuff. Christ knows why it has'nt been banned already...

As for what can you eat that tastes nice, well all I can say is that once you get a taste for healthy food there is no going back - nothing tastes better to me than a plate of roated butternut squash, sweet pepper, sweet potatoes, leeks and shallots, and a green side salad with a honey mustard garlic gressing. But then maybe thats just me....

I think alot of people say that because, 1. They dont want to believe it because they dont want to stop eating things like donuts, so they tell themselves its not possible... 2. People with clear skin eat all kinds of shit, and they dont get acne(everyone is different)... 3. They believe the studys that arent worth shit saying that there is no link between the two, even when theres tons of people, such as on this forum, that say otherwise from experience... 4. They are ignorant, and just say that because they hear other people say it... Or 5. They know from experience that diet doesnt effect them, so they think it must not affect anyone else...

Sorry, but Im just getting frustrated with people telling others that there is no link between diet and acne... :wall::wall:

Just drink water. It's much better for your skin than anything else you can drink. Diet coke isn't going to make you break out, but it's not going to help any either.

So not true, shame on you for even thinking you could get away with saying such a thing on a holistic health board - tsk tsk :naughty: Everything you eat and drink effects every part of your body from your skin to your big toe, you are what you eat after all. Diet coke is not a good drink, its loaded with artificial sweetners which are just plain bad for you - google aspartame flu and and see what you come up with, its pretty scary stuff. Christ knows why it has'nt been banned already...

As for what can you eat that tastes nice, well all I can say is that once you get a taste for healthy food there is no going back - nothing tastes better to me than a plate of roated butternut squash, sweet pepper, sweet potatoes, leeks and shallots, and a green side salad with a honey mustard garlic gressing. But then maybe thats just me....

just ignore the people who are saying that food doesn't cause acne. You're going to indulge yourself in a pointless discussion

Maybe for them it doesn't , but they're to ignorant to see that everybody is different, and that everyone has a different cause for their acne

by the way screw acne,

Overall it isn't good for your health to drink ''light'' sodas, they have alot of chemical shit in them, often aspartame, which is toxic, certainly at a higher dose.

Things that you can eat or drink are natural foods, beverages.

Water is best, but also fruit juices for beverages.

Something to eat? All natural products!

There are alot of great tasting natural products like honey, (dryed)

fruits, homemade cookies etc. But keep in mind you must eat and drink everything IN MODERATION.

I must admit some of these products aren't always nice to eat and you sometimes have the tendency to eat junk food or other crap food. But if you eat such food, you will be satisfied for a couple of minutes.

Do not eat it and you'll be happy for at least a couple of days with clear skin.

That's the way I look at it , when I suddenly have cravings for some shit-food.

one can of coke won't kill you, jeeze.

Yes it has it has sweeteners but so does a lot of other foods.

one can of coke won't kill you, jeeze.

Yes it has it has sweeteners but so does a lot of other foods.

It sure does kill me :( Ill get a cysts if I even go near that stuff... :wall::wall:

you are what you eat ... and it is very true ... in my opinion diet coke it horrible for you .. so much sugar actually it isnt even sugar nothing is made fomr pure sugar anymore its horrible Fructose Corn Syrup is horrible for you but diet coke has an extreme amount ... all sorts of junk food and greasy food affect ur acne and ur body in general. Srinking plenty of water is an excellent habit tho it reeally is greast for ur skin and body. Ive been eating much healthier this past year and so far i onlyu got sick once and it lasted two days isnt that amazing! i sue to get sick like 4 times a year during the winter and it would last like a week .. now saince i completely chnaged my diet my immune system is much better. I have alot of calcium in my diet now and i need all i cna get b4 21. Nonetheless .. juss bc smart about what u put into ur mouth not only is acne a problem but so is obesity and overwight ppl in general.

although its never been proven to be a fact that acne is caused by drinking some stuff and eating other stuff, i believe there is some sort of connection. id recommend drinking lots of water and some green tea, but its certainly not going to be a tragedy if you have every once in awhile.

some ppl on here don't talk nicely at all.....

my doc told me nothing you eat effects your acne, so i was just repeating what was said thats all.......no need for rude comments...

some ppl on here don't talk nicely at all.....

my doc told me nothing you eat effects your acne, so i was just repeating what was said thats all.......no need for rude comments...

Your doc is wrong.......as mostly all of them are. :D

I'm always amused by this does-diet-cause-acne controversy that continues to rage, often with passion on both sides of the issue. Is it so hard to imagine that the real truth of the matter lies somewhere in between? Maybe diet has (on average) a small, relatively subtle effect on acne. That way, doctors and dermatologists could be truthfully telling their patients all this time that there's no OBVIOUS effect of diet on acne, while some of these newer studies that we've been hearing about (if they're painstaking enough and thorough enough) could truthfully be reporting that gee, diet does have SOME effect, after all.

I don't think it's an either/or situation. It's not that diet either effects acne, or it doesn't. It probably has a subtle effect on average, and varies from individual to individual, with some people being able to see a connection, while others can't.

Bryan

I'm always amused by this does-diet-cause-acne controversy that continues to rage, often with passion on both sides of the issue. Is it so hard to imagine that the real truth of the matter lies somewhere in between? Maybe diet has (on average) a small, relatively subtle effect on acne. That way, doctors and dermatologists could be truthfully telling their patients all this time that there's no OBVIOUS effect of diet on acne, while some of these newer studies that we've been hearing about (if they're painstaking enough and thorough enough) could truthfully be reporting that gee, diet does have SOME effect, after all.

I don't think it's an either/or situation. It's not that diet either effects acne, or it doesn't. It probably has a subtle effect on average, and varies from individual to individual, with some people being able to see a connection, while others can't.

Bryan

Exactly. So many people feel the need to mock people that believe in the link, while some diet-acne believers think others, topical users and anti-biotic users for instancem, are fools.

Personally, a skin care regimen and diet works about 50/50 for me. As long as I stay away from dairy, gluten, and peanuts (three things I have always been intolerant to) the severity of my acen greatly decreases but I still breakout.

Whenever their are two extremes, the answer is usually somewhere in the middle.

regular coke always broke me out but diet coke never did.

I guess it's because diet coke practically has no sugars.