Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Donkey_Puncher

The problem with this damn forum/message board

All the people who are clear as a result of something they did or a product they tried have left this board a long time ago and do not post what helped them. Think about it, if you wree clear, would you keep posting on here?

So the people left here are the ones with problems and keep on talking about new products and new crazy shit to help theiir acne. I swear to god my acne is worse since i joined this msg board because all these damn posts make me paranoid.

Most the cats on the msg board are gonna be here for a long time, racking up their post count because of all the new shit they try in search for an acne cure which just ends up hurting them in the end.

I remember way back when people were talking about Demodex mites on their faces and going all out on the Facedoctor shit. Masterbation causing acne, urine on faces, blah blah blah it never ends.

About 3 months ago i was perscribed Minocyline by my dermatologist and after reading posts about how antibiotics make ur acne worse in the end made me paranoid enuff to not even take it for more than 3 days. This board just drives you nuts!!!

Also how do you know the person giving you acne adivce knows what the fuck they're talking about. Half the people on this board contradict each other and themselves and it pisses the shit out of me.

Its a vicous cycle and ive had enuff. WHen it comes to my face, im just gonna do what makes sense to me and pay attention to my skin and see what works.

Im out

All the people who are clear as a result of something they did or a product they tried have left this board a long time ago and do not post what helped them. Think about it, if you wree clear, would you keep posting on here?

So the people left here are the ones with problems and keep on talking about new products and new crazy shit to help theiir acne. I swear to god my acne is worse since i joined this msg board because all these damn posts make me paranoid.

Most the cats on the msg board are gonna be here for a long time, racking up their post count because of all the new shit they try in search for an acne cure which just ends up hurting them in the end.

I remember way back when people were talking about Demodex mites on their faces and going all out on the Facedoctor shit. Masterbation causing acne, urine on faces, blah blah blah it never ends.

About 3 months ago i was perscribed Minocyline by my dermatologist and after reading posts about how antibiotics make ur acne worse in the end made me paranoid enuff to not even take it for more than 3 days. This board just drives you nuts!!!

Also how do you know the person giving you acne adivce knows what the fuck they're talking about. Half the people on this board contradict each other and themselves and it pisses the shit out of me.

Its a vicous cycle and ive had enuff. WHen it comes to my face, im just gonna do what makes sense to me and pay attention to my skin and see what works.

Im out

i was thinking about that today. if i become clear, will i leave this place? and go on with my life and let them be and figure out a soultion them selves. or come back and do much help as possible. hmmm...

You can't blame them because sometimes people's acne just miracly vanish due to age... And some people does'nt... If most of them found a product that worked miraculously to them then they would have posted it as early as possible in this forum. But in reality, no product will ever give a 100 percent assurance that it can clear acne.

You yourself are the only one who can solve your acne problem... This forum and website is just a starting guide to get you started in solving that problem.

I just look at some people who have post counts over 2000 or whatever and i think wow is this board really helping them if they've been here THAT long

and we're left hung to dry because the clear people bounce and dont share their solutions

my skin is about 90% clear, and it's a huge improvement from before. This board gave me lots of interesting information about different ways to make your skin clear; some of it doesn't work, and some of it does. It's interesting to learn new things, that's why I stay around here.

Some truth in what ya say, but this sites has gave me so much information. More than any derm has ever gave me.

I haven't had acne in almost 8 years. I came here for the scar treatment forum, as have many others whose acne cleared up long before they ever heard of this site. Accutane was what did it for me, by the way, and it works for most people. I actually have a pimple on my lip right now, but it's the first noticeable pimple I've had in at least three months.

Oh, and the scar treatment I learned from this site has been working for me, too. It's a little annoying to have pink spots on my face for the first time since I was 18, but hey, the scars are filling in.

There are tons of people that share what has worked for them, you just need to be discerning about what people are saying and decide if it applies to you. There are also people who have been clear of acne for years and still stick around to help people out, especially on the holistic health board. Don't be so negative...

I'm almost clear! Ok that sounds weird saying after 4 years of hateing my skin. Anyway I'm still here and I'm still on Roaccutane and have minor scarring but even if I didnt i'd hang around :D

See like my post below, had nothing to do with acne but I still got great advice from the people here, I dont see this place as a bunch of people with acne, infact I forgot most of the time lol so I'm not leaving cause I got clear skin, I dont see what difference that makes talking to everyone here.

I came of roaccutane two months ago and have stuck around to offer advice to those still on it.

I came of roaccutane two months ago and have stuck around to offer advice to those still on it.

same

Guest Fraser

Im out

Personally i think being able to talk to other ppl with acne without it being really akward is the best thing about this site rather than the advice. You cant necessarily expect to find a miracle cure on this site, from ppl who only have their own experience to go on. If one existed everyone would know about it: its not like its being hidden from you by those who are clear now.

One thing I would have wished someone to tell me years ago, is to be gentle with my skin, and don't wash more than twice a day. And moisturise a lot. I used to think my skin was bad because I didn't wash enough or something.

There's so many different products and regimens to try, things work differently for everyone. Dan's Regimen has helped me, and I'm still using it now that I'm basically clear.

My sister's boyfriend swears on accutane, cos he had really bad skin and that's what cleared him up.

A lot of what you say makes sense. Much of it has to do with people being desperate or thinking that becuase something did or did not work for them for one week, then it must be "awesome" or else "completely suck." And it can make you worried about trying things or else waste money on crappy products.

I do disagree that people that find something that works will dissapear from the forum. Few people find a "cure" for acne from products, most of us are just trying to manage it and are constantly searching the boards for new ideas.

A god rule of thumb: if it involves urine or roach guts, you can ignore the post

hmm....I just like this place, i sometimes forget its an acne board, but then I spend like 80% of my time in the emo forum :shrug:

I'm only concerned about scars as well. I just like seeing/sharing experiences on this forum. And it helps break the monotony of work.

Totally not true in the way you put it. Also, you must or at least the subject has been posted before....just like this iirc.

Its good that you decided to let it all like this, relieving yourself can only be a good thing. Advice contradicts others? Maybe because everybody doesn't have the same reaction to a drug. We all are human but the chemicals inside us do vary in their amounts....

well i guess it is more of a rant of anything because of frustraation. Although it is good to see that there are posters there helping people even though they're clear and sharing their experiences. That makes me feel a lil better

And no doubt there is a lot of good information on the website, but there is also a lot of bad advice going around. I've seen A LOT of people trying to help someone on an issue giving totally bogus adivce and makes me heavily pissed off

All the people who are clear as a result of something they did or a product they tried have left this board a long time ago and do not post what helped them.

Your entire argument is based on this statement, and it's wrong. Two people that come to mind immediately are Brandy and, well, Dan.

(I'm assuming Brandy is clear)

But there is some truth in what you say after this.

I just look at some people who have post counts over 2000 or whatever and i think wow is this board really helping them if they've been here THAT long

and we're left hung to dry because the clear people bounce and dont share their solutions

umm well to be hounest ive got over 5,000 post and ive bin here for 3 ish years.. cant say ive made much progress since ive bin here though.. :|

theres always the .org fads.. of this will clear u blah blah blah, but not everything works for everyone, just bare that in mind.

I feel your pain Donkey Puncher (nice name by the way you little sicko).

I just joined the site about 2 weeks ago and was just as frustrated. There are so many different causes of acne, so naturally there are going to be a lot of different types of treatments and cures.

I have found this site to be infinately helpful because it helped me figure out what might be causing my own breakouts from reading posts of people with the same experience as mine.

Because of that, my skin is almost 100% and I know what to avoid.

Just hang in there and research as much as you can, because you never know what you'll discover.

Good luck!

solution: stop reading posts by members who may be pulling info outta there asses. find some good studies on the internet and learn for yourself.